• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Autologin + wineq2? (1 Viewer)

ToeJamSamy

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
574¢
I just went through and setup wineq with different profiles for my accounts on my 6box bronze team. Totally separate from any computer my good accounts have ever been on so I'm not so concerned with my usual minimalistic philosophy.

But, what I dont quite get, is if there's a way to make autologin work using wineq profiles or not. The profiles are supposed to save login info(haven't reloaded to check this after first login each profile) but so does autologin which also logs them all in, in order, with 1 button/command. Is there a way to do both?

What I'm really after is autologin of 6 accts, in a specific order, with 1 at low settings but no stickfigures, and the rest with stickfigures(and any other minimalist graphics tips I run across) but with more than just the toon names as window labels as i haven't quite learned which name is which for all yet, and the same accounts have the same "jobs" for another set of toons I'll use at a future date so I'd just reuse the same setup with the other set of names. Also of course with separate inis, I can have different settings for different jobs that otherwise would be install-wide. Windows labelled as tank-name, healer-name etc. I was originally going to use the .bat file for using different inis but it looked more complicated, less documented and tested, and with fewer features. I also like that I can have hotkeys for each with Dow I stead of alttab because alttab is what has always kept me from boxing on 1 machine. Six toons is horrible that way I found just trying to get them all on /follow for a buffparty before I get started.

Suggestions?

With WinEQ2 it’s possible to autologin 6 toons, in a specific order. But WinEQ uses a single common eqclient.ini (So no stick figures on background toons). Per my understanding ISBoxer uses virtual eqclient.ini files that can accomplish what you are seeking.

I use one install and to rearange the order of what the toons are in i use a program called 7+ Taskbar tweaker
With these settings. ( see photo) and lets me freely rearange the accounts while only using one windows bar slot.

Attachments

• 7+.PNG
    7+.PNG
    48.9 KB · Views: 66
With WinEQ2 it’s possible to autologin 6 toons, in a specific order. But WinEQ uses a single common eqclient.ini (So no stick figures on background toons). Per my understanding ISBoxer uses virtual eqclient.ini files that can accomplish what you are seeking.
they definitely havetheir own inis, but i can not find reference anywhere to make them all log in in order. i have to put in my password for each one every time(they do remember the username though for each profile at least)

i havent even messed with it yet because if it wouldnt work i wasnt wasting thetime. thats why i asked the question at the top lol. I'm really good at wasting time trying to make some thing better, like the 90min i wasted earlier trying to find SOMEthing the 32gigs of ram that magically appeared in my room, could improve and everything was either maxed out or equal. idk how there are even 24hrs in a day because i really only see like 6 of them if im lucky lol.

anyway, i had looked into it and a google search as well and found conflicting info. one mentions setting up in autologin but then says it doesnt do them all, just takes the login through to game instead of stopping at server and char selects. another says you have to make a bat file, another an exe file, to make the two, together, do it all at once. I'm not even sure how autologin works since plugins kinda work from within the game and logging in 6 accounts kinda happens from outside lol.

What I have found though, is mq2viewpoint/viewport whatever. set it up on main machine for testing purposes so i may just forego all the rest and set up the standard autologin on that machine, with /vp on instead of stickfigures. i'd lose the ability to have a separate ini file for each account though, or better: each toon. from what i gather, eqfps doesnt actually help anything, and a large number of people are experiencing issues with wire not making anything better recently too, so my stickfigures and min graphics inis was my solution. i cant stand to play that way though on my driver. what i havent yet tested (am about to) is if just normal nonmq /follow works better on /vp on than without it. thats the biggest issue i find BG windows having, the old running in circles issue. something dont get as much with /af, but its a good indicator of something slowing down too. something else i THOUGHT i was going to do with individual inis, but changed my mind, was to resize and move each window so i could tile all 6 on the screen, but i decided it'd be either too crowded, too laggy, or too tiny, and definitely not help performance lol.

i found a second thread about the subject as well, so two who wrote bat files, one of them then converts to exe. i dont understand why that would even be necessary if the function is actually already builtin to autologin. so again, because i tend to lose 80% of my actual time with things other than productive and fruitful pursuits, i.e. stuff that doesnt work or doesnt work right etc etc, or irl ppl disrupting my flow lol...i'd rather ASK of all these different options and variations, which one does anyone KNOW works CURRENTLY? 6 instances. loaded in order without typing pw each time. separate inis are preferable. server and char select bypass also preferable, uniquely customizable named windows/tabs for each. i could do without some little parts of it, but i would assume that many have something like this already set up, or is it because a lot use isboxer, and i dont intend to, or they just put everything at minimum or whatever instead of having the driver be "better"(this particular aspect can be done with /vp, presumably but still needs testing)

i did a google search for use macroquest to launch wineq2 (i can often find things thru google a bit better then this sites search function). this post from 2017 is exactly what your looking for. and honestly, im gonna 100% give this a try!

ill post an update (probably tomorrow) with my findings, thanks for asking this question.
------
i do not know the answer to your question, sorry. i have a g510 keyboard and have my passwords programmed into it (for eq anyways).
my methodology is ...
-launch my bat file for isboxer with my characters in there (double click 1 file, all my instances launch in order).
-just cycle thru the windows fast (i can press 1 button to move to any account) clicking login and all that jazz, hit my password buttons and quick login. its all manual for me.
-then launch mq2.

quick update IT WORKS (ill end up trying some more later)
1st reference post
2nd reference post

first off, quick update = i can double click my eqbat file (that i use to launch whatever team i want to run, many different ones) and it launches wineq characters and MQ fills in password, selects server, logs in the correct character.
also on this quick check, it stores the passwords in the mq2autlogin in plain text. modifying this is next thing, but im sleepy.

first reference
-have your eqlsPlayerData.WinEQProfile#.ini all done (literally just log in thru your wineq profiles one time to set this (this is needed because wineq will use this to fill in the username for each profile you launch).
-open your mq2autologin.ini file (you can right click the mq2 tray icon, select "profiles", select "open ini file"
--my note, do a backup of it, save a copy! your going to delete everything in there.
first and second reference go thru this part, how to setup your mq2autologin.ini file.
this following example will work, it will load in those 3 accounts automatically if you launch them via wineq (or via a wineq bat file that launches them all)
*****BELOW HERE*****
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
NotifyOnServerUP=0
UseMQ2Login=0
[YourStationName111]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe
[YourStationName222]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe
[YourStationName333]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe
*****ABOVE HERE*****

the things that appear to be the important parts...
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1 (by default its 0, this allows mq to track via station name (for when your wineq station name pops up) and then put everything in and server / character select)
UseMQ2Login=0 (by default this is 1, when you set it to 0, it allows mq2 to see when wineq or isboxer launch eq and take over (login) i think)
then it all launches.
i dunno how secure the mq2 password deal is when it encrypts passwords, but the few things i did to try and make that happen in the mq2autologin didnt work. ill look around some tomorrow, or maybe someone here knows.

The encrypted passwords are per computer encryption, so the primary goal is to keep you from accidentally sending your file to someone else or someone having access to that file (without access to your computer). If someone has access to your computer the information isn't secure. Similarly it is unecrypted in memory regardless of whether you use the encryption or not, so any local breach will succeed regardless of that setting.

The encrypted passwords are per computer encryption, so the primary goal is to keep you from accidentally sending your file to someone else or someone having access to that file (without access to your computer). If someone has access to your computer the information isn't secure. Similarly it is unecrypted in memory regardless of whether you use the encryption or not, so any local breach will succeed regardless of that setting.
in that case (for me, and i imagine most) i have zero concerns for that.
being new, i am not sure what the password encryption is for. i messed around with a macro someone posted that had the ability to log out and in every character and account mq had profiles for. and i just dont know or have much of a clue how the backend of mq works really.

so, all in all, ToeJamSamy, I think what you are after is similar to how I play.
I use wineq2 for custom eqclient.ini files (control the level of graphics and settings on each individual toon), and key assignments for quick window swapping.
i use batch files to launch whatever team i want (and it launches them in order). (for ease, i store the bat file in the wineq2 folder, then i make shortcut to it on my desktop)
Example here
start WinEQ2.exe
timeout 10
start WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Toon1"
timeout 6
start WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Toon2"
timeout 6
start WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Toon3"

set the mq2autologin.ini file like this
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
NotifyOnServerUP=0
UseMQ2Login=0
[YourStationName_Toon1]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe
[YourStationName_Toon2]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe
[YourStationName_Toon3]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

and now, when i double click my bat file, it launches my toons, and then mq takes care of the login, server selection, character login.

the only thing that could be iffy is the password being stored in plain text in the ini file. Knightly posted above here in response to that. assuming thats right i personally wouldnt care about the passwords being stored in plain text.
and, again, thanks for asking this question, i like the answer and i think you should be sorted out!

so, all in all, ToeJamSamy, I think what you are after is similar to how I play.
I use wineq2 for custom eqclient.ini files (control the level of graphics and settings on each individual toon), and key assignments for quick window swapping.
i use batch files to launch whatever team i want (and it launches them in order). (for ease, i store the bat file in the wineq2 folder, then i make shortcut to it on my desktop)
Example here
start WinEQ2.exe
timeout 10
start WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Toon1"
timeout 6
start WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Toon2"
timeout 6
start WinEQ2.exe /plugin:WinEQ2-EQ.dll "Toon3"

set the mq2autologin.ini file like this
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
NotifyOnServerUP=0
UseMQ2Login=0
[YourStationName_Toon1]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe
[YourStationName_Toon2]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe
[YourStationName_Toon3]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

and now, when i double click my bat file, it launches my toons, and then mq takes care of the login, server selection, character login.

the only thing that could be iffy is the password being stored in plain text in the ini file. Knightly posted above here in response to that. assuming thats right i personally wouldnt care about the passwords being stored in plain text.
and, again, thanks for asking this question, i like the answer and i think you should be sorted out!
see this is stuff i've found, but i shouldnt have to use thatmany different things to do this, IMO i guess. wineq, then a batfile AND autologin. 2 at most, 1 would be ideal. ive actually been ..well not lazy, but lazy in eq and havent logged in or even turned on most my machines since the patch the other day so i havent messed with it really, but i think i SHOULD be able to setup just autologin to log everyone in in order etc, with mq2 autorunning the whatever plugin i discovered and already forgot the name of that turns all screens black if not the front one. maybe. then the graphic settings shouldnt matter on the background accounts but i have to do some more intense testing if this is as effective as im hoping or not, and if not pick one of the 3 diff bat/exe writeup i found for this. ant hte bats require yet antoher thing for the delay timers.if i wanted to mess with isboxer i guess that would probalby do it all, but i dont want, again, another program (especially a paid one) just to play with 6 free accounts that i want no affiliation with my longstanding paid ones. this is for tinkering purposes so if it's too involved or takes too much software etc im not even gonna bother lol

i did a google search for use macroquest to launch wineq2 (i can often find things thru google a bit better then this sites search function). this post from 2017 is exactly what your looking for. and honestly, im gonna 100% give this a try!

ill post an update (probably tomorrow) with my findings, thanks for asking this question.
------
i do not know the answer to your question, sorry. i have a g510 keyboard and have my passwords programmed into it (for eq anyways).
my methodology is ...
-launch my bat file for isboxer with my characters in there (double click 1 file, all my instances launch in order).
-just cycle thru the windows fast (i can press 1 button to move to any account) clicking login and all that jazz, hit my password buttons and quick login. its all manual for me.
-then launch mq2.
andthank you, but no. i can google search too lol. and ive read that. it's not exactly what im looking for, only part of it.

see this is stuff i've found, but i shouldnt have to use thatmany different things to do this, IMO i guess. wineq, then a batfile AND autologin. 2 at most, 1 would be ideal. ive actually been ..well not lazy, but lazy in eq and havent logged in or even turned on most my machines since the patch the other day so i havent messed with it really, but i think i SHOULD be able to setup just autologin to log everyone in in order etc, with mq2 autorunning the whatever plugin i discovered and already forgot the name of that turns all screens black if not the front one. maybe. then the graphic settings shouldnt matter on the background accounts but i have to do some more intense testing if this is as effective as im hoping or not, and if not pick one of the 3 diff bat/exe writeup i found for this. ant hte bats require yet antoher thing for the delay timers.if i wanted to mess with isboxer i guess that would probalby do it all, but i dont want, again, another program (especially a paid one) just to play with 6 free accounts that i want no affiliation with my longstanding paid ones. this is for tinkering purposes so if it's too involved or takes too much software etc im not even gonna bother lol
ok, good luck then
edit : the plugin youre referring to that turns the screens black might be mq2eqwire (it stops all drawing on non front instances), or perhaps the eqviewport plugin, that minimizes the viewport to 1 pixel when not current screen.

ok, good luck then
edit : the plugin youre referring to that turns the screens black might be mq2eqwire (it stops all drawing on non front instances), or perhaps the eqviewport plugin, that minimizes the viewport to 1 pixel when not current screen.
nope. didnt pay for it i jstu forgot the name offhand. it's firepoint or fireport or something like that. ive drifted from this pursuit recently and will have to get going on it again. i finally logged in a couple traders this morning, first toons since hte emergency patch last week lol, and been digging around in raspi's etc instead. for shame lol

Question - Autologin + wineq2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back