• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Autohotkey/program to send keystrokes to multiple EQ-windows? (1 Viewer)

Sphaera

RedCents
159¢
Hello.

I am looking for an easy program, preferably AHK if it is possible, to send selected keystrokes to multiple EQ-Windows on the same computer. I think I read somewhere it actually was rather difficult with EQ, for some reason. AHK it self could do this for most programs; does anyone know if it works for EQ?

I used Keyclone for WoW and was quite happy with that, but I read somewhere it would not work for EQ.

I tried Isboxer, and I don?t like it much. Feels slow and clunky, and a bit too advanced for a guy that alt tabs through EQ Windows just fine, and just want keys like E, alt+E, G, N, C and F to hit all the Windows.

I have used MQ2 earlier, but I prefer just doing it manually.

I am very open to other ways of doing this, I just prefer the programs/aid does not do more, or much more than I am after.

Thanks for the help, hopefully someone here has thought the same and figuered it out :)

You could use EQBC.

EQBC allows you to send commands by joining them all to a server and then issuing commands to a group, individual, or everyone on the local server via hotkeys or typed commands.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/24760-MQ2EQBC is the link to the wiki page here on Redguides.com If you have more questions than answers were provided by the wiki, feel free to post back to this thread.

Update lol. I just realized you are not a level 2 member which may prevent you from seeing the wiki.

Basically as part of MQ2 you can right click the tray icon and select start EQBC server. It will give you an option for stand alone or server. You can select "Stand alone" which will bring up a dos style box where the server starts, initializes, and awaits for incoming connections (you joining using the in game plugin "/plugin mq2eqbc".

Once the plugin is loaded you can then type commands to manipulate the server. To join it you have to type /bccmd connect. That is assuming you are connecting all the computers to the same system.

Once connected you can then issue commands to that character using EQBC commands.

Rich (BB code):
/bc some text. |Will just "chat" into the server for other connected players to see. 
/bca //command |will issue the /command specified to everyone but the player issuing the command. It's two slashes, that was not a typo
/bcg //command |Will issue the command to everyone in that players group. 
/bct playername //command | Will issue a command to the specified player.

That is a short and incomplete command list. Some examples follow.

Rich (BB code):
|Have everyone but you target you.
/bca //target id ${Me.ID} 

|Have everyone including yourself press the 1 key on the keyboard, effectively making them all hit their 1st hotkey
/bcaa //keypress 1

|Will make everyone except you target you, then assist you with your current target
/bca //multiline ; /target id ${Me.ID} ; /timed 5 /assist

|Will make everyone, including yourself, issue the camp command. 
/bcaa //camp

|Will tell your shaman to issue the command to cast the spell "Torgor's Insects" if you have it memorized. 
/bct myshamansname //casting "Torgor's Insects"

|Will send a message that only outputs information to the chat window. 
/bc I am casting Torgor's Insects

As you can perhaps already see this is a very useful tool. Not only can this be setup to issue commands on a single computer running multiple instances of EQ playing multiple characters. It can be setup to actually connect multiple computers to a single server. It's easier to do so on the same local network (same router connection), however it's also possible to do this from multiple locations. For instance, with port forwarding setup, I was able to control characters logged into my home computer from Afghanistan while I was deployed and control them while only supporting the connection of a single toon on my local computer. I would just have my brother log them in for me and off I went.

If you can do it in EQ with a command, you can use EQBC to issue the commands to another character from another system.

So when I say yes, I mean hell yeah you can. Also, you can do much fancier things with it too :-).

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the reply, ChatWithThisName ! :)

I tried to do some research regards AHK / other possibilities, and it seems a bit more difficult than I thought to use it as I want. Your solution sounds very nice.

Given that means I have to get MQ2 to use it, does it seem stupid to use it like I ask, rather than say, just go with KissAssist / MQ2Melee which should cover most my needs in regards to spamming most buttons really?

I do apologise for the stupid questions...

Best regards,

-Sphaera

I tried to do some research regards AHK / other possibilities, and it seems a bit more difficult than I thought to use it as I want. Your solution sounds very nice.

Given that means I have to get MQ2 to use it, does it seem stupid to use it like I ask, rather than say, just go with KissAssist / MQ2Melee which should cover most my needs in regards to spamming most buttons really?

Best regards,

-Sphaera

This my friend is a loaded question. As I do know my way around the scripting language of MQ2 pretty well and have a coding background all things MQ2 related are pretty trivial to me with the caveat of some things I don't use.

KA is one of those things that I don't use. Not because I have some aversion to it. But rather, because I'm usually coding some utility to use for myself, and subsequently release to the community for giggles (And the donations of course).

Preference from one thing to the next is pretty much just that. A preference. I assumed by coming to RG's you were interested in MQ2 and hadn't even considered you might be asking a community of RG users for only a non-mq2 response. Clearly my response was geared towards an MQ2 User.

Should you get MQ2. The resounding answer for that question is yes. Even if you have no plans to use KA or EQBC or EasyFind, or MQ2Nav, or any of the other programs that instantly make your everquest experience 10000x better. Why? Well, because we have ice cream! But no seriously. Because it really just makes your life so much easier in regards to boxing characters, hitting hotkeys, performing trivial time consuming tasks, navigating from one location to the next, automatically buying and scribing all the spells/tomes for your characters, automatically keeping your bazaar toon the cheapest in all of Norrath and beyond. The price point for a monthly sub to this service is actually quite low considering all the perks that come with ownership. I mean hell I didn't use MQ2 for anything but the map and superwho for like 3 years after I first started using it.

KA will play your class for you once you get a solid INI setup. Which that does take time. If you're toons are still leveling it will be getting changed a lot. But that's honestly no different from anything you're doing now changing your existing hotkeys to memorizing new spells. Just a matter of typing it in and setting it at what you want and turning on KA.

EQBC is a garbage in garbage out system. You don't feed it garbage and it can't output your garbage. So if I make a hotkey that makes a toon target me and then issue the stick command /stick loose 10 uw; for example. I would also have to make a hotkey that make him stop sticking to me. So you'll have to make hotkeys for all your little interactions with your characters. Being that you can pass any command, MQ2 or EQ base game, with it, that makes it a very very powerful tool. So should you use EQBC or KA is kinda a short sighted answer. The real question is why wouldn't you use them both? KA for typical group killing content/hunting and then EQBC for your everyday silly things such as /bcaa //end which will end the macro on all running toons. You can do multiple lines in a social

/bcaa //end
/bcaa //target id ${Me.ID}
/bcaa //stick loose uw 10
/bcaa //bc Ok I'm following you now.

or

/bct shaman //nav id ${Spawn[the guy with my spells].ID}
/bct warrior //nav id ${Spawn[the guy with my tomes].ID}
/bct bard //nav id ${Spawn[the guy with my songs].ID}

while "the guy with my ___" wasn't a valid thing, I mean if you knew their name in advance you could setup a hotkey for when all your characters are in POK you can just smash that hotkey and off they go to their respective vendors in the library.....I mean....or you could move each one there using follow up that windy ass "stair/ramp" up to library and then to their individual spell/tome vendor

Then once you're there open the vendor

/bcaa //target npc
/bcaa //timed 5 /invoke ${Target.RightClick}
/bcaa //timed 10 /mac scribe

Then it will target the nearest npc (should be your spell/tome vendor) and issue the command to start the macro scribe.mac to automatically buy all your spells/tomes and memorize them from that vendor.

all your toons have a hotkey that does something different setup on them, but it is the same key for everyone to do something different? /bcaa //keypress 1-10

want all your toons to sit when they are all standing? /bca //sit

and then let KA do the other stuff. Get on your puller and get ready to fight /bca //mac kissassist

Then go to town manually pulling. Or setup a toon to pull in the INI and use /bcaa //mac kissassist and then you can get that earfull from your wife about how you play games to much while still getting exp.

~Chat

Best regards,

-Sphaera

This my friend is a loaded question. As I do know my way around the scripting language of MQ2 pretty well and have a coding background all things MQ2 related are pretty trivial to me with the caveat of some things I don't use.

KA is one of those things that I don't use. Not because I have some aversion to it. But rather, because I'm usually coding some utility to use for myself, and subsequently release to the community for giggles (And the donations of course).

Preference from one thing to the next is pretty much just that. A preference. I assumed by coming to RG's you were interested in MQ2 and hadn't even considered you might be asking a community of RG users for only a non-mq2 response. Clearly my response was geared towards an MQ2 User.

Should you get MQ2. The resounding answer for that question is yes. Even if you have no plans to use KA or EQBC or EasyFind, or MQ2Nav, or any of the other programs that instantly make your everquest experience 10000x better. Why? Well, because we have ice cream! But no seriously. Because it really just makes your life so much easier in regards to boxing characters, hitting hotkeys, performing trivial time consuming tasks, navigating from one location to the next, automatically buying and scribing all the spells/tomes for your characters, automatically keeping your bazaar toon the cheapest in all of Norrath and beyond. The price point for a monthly sub to this service is actually quite low considering all the perks that come with ownership. I mean hell I didn't use MQ2 for anything but the map and superwho for like 3 years after I first started using it.

KA will play your class for you once you get a solid INI setup. Which that does take time. If you're toons are still leveling it will be getting changed a lot. But that's honestly no different from anything you're doing now changing your existing hotkeys to memorizing new spells. Just a matter of typing it in and setting it at what you want and turning on KA.

EQBC is a garbage in garbage out system. You don't feed it garbage and it can't output your garbage. So if I make a hotkey that makes a toon target me and then issue the stick command /stick loose 10 uw; for example. I would also have to make a hotkey that make him stop sticking to me. So you'll have to make hotkeys for all your little interactions with your characters. Being that you can pass any command, MQ2 or EQ base game, with it, that makes it a very very powerful tool. So should you use EQBC or KA is kinda a short sighted answer. The real question is why wouldn't you use them both? KA for typical group killing content/hunting and then EQBC for your everyday silly things such as /bcaa //end which will end the macro on all running toons. You can do multiple lines in a social

/bcaa //end
/bcaa //target id ${Me.ID}
/bcaa //stick loose uw 10
/bcaa //bc Ok I'm following you now.

or

/bct shaman //nav id ${Spawn[the guy with my spells].ID}
/bct warrior //nav id ${Spawn[the guy with my tomes].ID}
/bct bard //nav id ${Spawn[the guy with my songs].ID}

while "the guy with my ___" wasn't a valid thing, I mean if you knew their name in advance you could setup a hotkey for when all your characters are in POK you can just smash that hotkey and off they go to their respective vendors in the library.....I mean....or you could move each one there using follow up that windy ass "stair/ramp" up to library and then to their individual spell/tome vendor

Then once you're there open the vendor

/bcaa //target npc
/bcaa //invoke ${Target.RightClick}
/bcaa //mac scribe

Then it will target the nearest npc (should be your spell/tome vendor) and issue the command to start the macro scribe.mac to automatically buy all your spells/tomes and memorize them from that vendor.

all your toons have a hotkey that does something different setup on them, but it is the same key for everyone to do something different? /bcaa //keypress 1-10

want all your toons to sit when they are all standing? /bca //sit

want a hotkey that presses another hotkey that presses the first hotkey and they do that infinitely forever and ever?

Hotkey1
/bct ${Me.Name} //keypress 2

Hotkey2
/bct ${Me.Name} //casting "Bolt of Flaming Dog Poo"
/bct ${Me.Name} //keypress 1

and then let KA do the other stuff. Get on your puller and get ready to fight /bca //mac kissassist

Then go to town manually pulling. Or setup a toon to pull in the INI and use /bcaa //mac kissassist and then you can get that earfull from your wife about how you play games to much while still getting exp.

~Chat

want a hotkey that presses another hotkey that presses the first hotkey and they do that infinitely forever and ever?

Hotkey1
/bct ${Me.Name} //keypress 2

Hotkey2
/bct ${Me.Name} //casting "Bolt of Flaming Dog Poo"
/bct ${Me.Name} //keypress 1

I would not recommend that particular usage. Too much possibility of a red flag, mostly because spells need some kind of target. It would constantly spam MQ2 and everquest until the parameters of the spell are met. IE targeting PC/NPC

If someone insists on doing this, I would highly recommend putting /pause 35 (or however many seconds it takes to cast the spell) That will allow MQ2 to not loop spam uncontrollably and help prevent it from locking up your computer or CTD. This would also allow you to edit the hotbotton to break the forever loop.

Question - Autohotkey/program to send keystrokes to multiple EQ-windows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back