• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Auto Login Error (1 Viewer)

RedCents
50¢
Hello everyone! I'm new to Redguides and new to the forums. I'm getting 3 error messages when I try to login in my character profile. These are what pop up. I am new to all of this like I said and would appreciate any insight and direction. Thanks.
D-Rail

Attachments

• Launcher1.jpg
    Launcher1.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 9
  • Launcher2.jpg
    Launcher2.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 8
  • Launcher3.jpg
    Launcher3.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 9
Is your windows fully up dated?

What OS version are you on?

I would also consider ensuring that your antivirus or Windows defender is not holding any files hostage. It is often recommended to exempt your folders and subfolders from your macro quest and your EverQuest directory

Thanks for the fast responses. I have Windows 10 and it's fully updated. I never downloaded EQ from Steam and I also wondered why that Steam error shows up. I was thinking of saving my character stuff and then deleting EQ and reinstalling it. I also manually installed the missing mss32.dll and that didn't work. Just shows the same error messages regardless.

These error messages are from an old out dated copy of eqgame.exe.

The game no longer contains these dlls, so you've got something going on with your install.

> I also manually installed the missing mss32.dll and that didn't work.

Seeming as this isn't something you can manually install, you should probably undo what you just did lest you infect yourself with a virus.

Problem - Auto Login Error

Users who are viewing this thread

Back