• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Assist out of group (1 Viewer)

RedCents
72¢
I have seen people running groups +XX outside assisting. Some do it with the tank and that is were the wheels are coming off. I spent 2 hours scratching my head trying to configure something last night and couldn't make it work, but maybe its just how I normally play.

group 1= shm (xgen), zerker (CWTN), zerker (CWTN), wiz (afknuke), rng (afknuke or xgen), brd (xgen or kiss).
group 2 = war (max AA/CWTN), clr (max AA/CWTN or xgen).

I normally run with the war primary interface, shaman on the other screen as secondary, bouncing to the others as needed.

I tried to use the shaman (xheal mode) as group 1's MA, but they all just sit there, requiring me to screen swap to each one and activate.
I tried to use the zerker (set to ma in group, assist in CWTN) (added war to xtarget, then xtarget for tot), he wouldnt engage until manual intervention, and everybody else (sans shaman, who was set to xheal) would just sit there.
I tried to use the zerker as above but with the combo's of group MA and/or MT, and the 5 CWTN modes. Multiple results, the best was set as group MT/MA, CWTN set to tank, he would auto engage, but nobody would assist.
I tried to use the bard, set to group MA, xgen select assist manual, set to war. Bard would do his part, shaman would do his xheals, the rest just sit there.

Is it as simple as a /bcaa command to attack target or do I have to pick a group 1 char to manually use, IE the wiz, and have everybody assist off him after I manually target?

Thank you for any tips, tricks or info!

Sic

Nihil
RedCents
13,257¢
we don't have anything built in for the cwtn plugins for out of group assisting outside of our raid functionality.

I don't know about the other stuff.

but you can have them in a manual mode, and call them to assist on your target's id
you can pass them a target /bca //target id ${Target.ID} then /bca //attack or something similar

you could also use a simple macro to assist your target (like kissassist with a blank ini in manual mode with usemq2melee =0). You start getting into conflicting behavior if you have ini entries to *do stuff* other than just the getting a target.

you could use them in a tank mode (out of group) but would require the mobs getting on xtarget for them to react and fight them

Sic

Nihil
RedCents
13,257¢
yep im using the cwtn plugins for zerker,eskay,beast,cleric,whenever i have cleric outside of group I just use the regular kissassist ini for outside heals.
well healing out of group is just a matter of adding the toons to xtarget window and turning on xtarget healing. That is built in. What was asked, and what i was talking about is assisting out of group

1600006288023.png

/clr UseXTargetBuffing true/false/on/off/0/1 - Sets if you want to do XTarget Buffing (do not need to specify which slot)

/clr UseXTargetHealing true/false/on/off/0/1 - Sets if you want to do XTarget Healing (do not need to specify which slot)

RedCents
72¢
Yeah, the CWTN xheal works like a champ. I am trying to get that little 2 man group to be the ones my DPS assist off (they need the AA's), but cant get it to work.. correctly.. if its even possible?

Sic

Nihil
RedCents
13,257¢
Yeah, the CWTN xheal works like a champ. I am trying to get that little 2 man group to be the ones my DPS assist off (they need the AA's), but cant get it to work.. correctly.. if its even possible?
well i provided examples of a couple of ways to achieve it.

you can either manually call for them to get your target and turn on auto attack
or you can setup using some macro that would automagically assist your out-of-group character

you could even just have the out of group warrior in tank mode, with a large enough campradius and have a mini macro to target and turn on attack any npc within a certain radius of you, and just have it running while in camp)

Last edited:
RedCents
102¢
I run 9-10 toons at a time and often have a Rogue(CWTN), shammy and Zerker(CWTN) OUTSIDE main group assisting on my SK(CWTN).

The way I found to make it work is on the Zerk and Rogue, I made a very basic kissassist file with nothing but bare basics like ReturntoCamp=1 and such, just the General section essentially.... I simply target my SK and launch CWTN's plugin so the Rogue or Zerk becomes a badass and then launch the KA macro for ASSIST purposes. Works like a charm!! :)

RedCents
168¢
The easiest way i have found to get groups working perfect is a druid no joke druid 115 ini on kissassist have him in second group but start kiss with him targeting ma of group one works perfect for me i have a sk as tank in 2nd group on tank role using mqeskay.. works perfect im about to start a third group

Apollyoin

RedCents
60¢
what i do is set a dps of some sort out side of group, using kissassist onto my main toon, SK. and then have everyone in group 2 assist the person assisting my main outside of group, and viloa works perfectly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)