• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Anyone drive with an Enchanter? (1 Viewer)

zaphod

RedCents
30¢
Played a chanter for the first time on a recent TLP trip. Loved playing the class. All my other ventures in 6box had me driving the Tank. Wondered if anyone had pros/cons on driving from a Chanter role?

Many/most folks drove with tanks so cc can do what they need to without dps following them around. Things are much easier to control driving with the tank.

I used to drive with my Necro, however, but manual boxed for a long time

I feel like with a little work on your INIs, it'd be OK to do with a hard camp spot; however, I feel like on the move, you'd rather than tank be driving for that snap threat... there are a lot of people that play there "main" toon as a the driver and the rest just help using MQ2...

I happen to love tanking, so it was a natural choice for me to drive... but if you have the patience and finesse with your INIs, I think it'll be fun to try! :)

I drive with my Enchanter being played manually. I like the ability to pull and CC while the rest of the group just grinds away at the mobs.

The only real cons I could see is if you are going to go fully auto with the group you would want a tank, but I am always in full control of the Enchanter. The only risks when killing on the move is getting a mob jump on you that you aren't ready for but the Enchanter has runes to be able to take a few good smack and lots of get out of jail free abilities to avoid eating a death.

Played a chanter for the first time on a recent TLP trip. Loved playing the class. All my other ventures in 6box had me driving the Tank. Wondered if anyone had pros/cons on driving from a Chanter role?
I used to drive with my enchanter, ranger, or mage...however i was turned to the dark side (CWTN Plugins). Now i drive with a tank...

flying bradley cooper GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I used to just watch the tank do her thing and jump in when she had too many friends. I'm pretty lazy though. For me the fun was splitting up a tough area and then letting it manage itself after that.

I have a RL friend, he drives on his enchanter.. has a habit of charming a mob and making it fight others to the death... but he mains one and is damn good.. for general use, drive on a tank, they can take a wups better

I did pull with my enchanter with one group for a while - but it was a pet tank group full of mages. If you want to be in control of your CC then it somewhat makes sense - but once I swapped the tank to the captains chair I honestly never went back. And since the tank is the first toon I gear - they have the best gear, so if I do make a mistake or they get rooted/stunned on route its not quite as disastrous.

Question - Anyone drive with an Enchanter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back