• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any UI Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,554¢
I tried doing a search about what folks felt was a good / optimal UI for use with the tools here at RG, but did not see too much recent info. I did see a thread where @Sic attached his most recent update / modification of Zliz, but I tried to use it, the generated UIerror file was huge. It kept saying missing such and such and trying to use files from the default. Almar over at Almar's guide has a screen shot of his set-up but he has 50 gazillion hot keys because he said he was doing a fair amount of command broadcasting.

My monitor is not huge, only 27", so I don't have a ton of screen real estate to work with. Additionally, it only runs at 1920x1080 @144 MHz.

Appreciate any info. What do folks think about Sparxx? The screen shots looked semi-minimalist.

Thanks. Be well.

I use Zliz :p

the "missing files using from default" is correct and intended - if the file isn't modified, you should use the eq file in case it gets updated and changed. which is what that is telling you. "there wasn't a modified file here so we're going to look in this other place to load it"

UIs who don't actually change files but copy-paste them do themselves and the people who use them a disservice and prevent easy future proofing

> EQInterface < is kind of the defacto go-to place for UIs - it isn't as active as it was in yesteryear, but folks that keep updated UIs usually have them there

Ive been using a Drakah UI (Integrated TKing Celtic) since they started making UI's

There is a heap of different ones to choose from - and the best thing is - Drakah is always up to date when EQ break's something.

There are a heap of different Drakah Made UI's on the EQ Interface website.

1654570130667.png
Mine looks a little like this:

1654570256928.png

T.KIng I think I used his spell gems as add in pieces 18 or 19 years ago. I am trying to come back to EQ to go memory lane, but it seems like a totally different game.

I use the same as above. TKing's Celtic. I have mine shifted a little differently, but it is the same. Took me a bit to tweak how I wanted and he usually updates from Test, so it works on live immediately after patch.

Szazor I use the same UI. I am new to RG and MQ. I have been looking into modifying the Drkah group window to fit the MQ buttons but have not had any luck yet. Have you modified yours? and if so could you point me in the right direction?

I have modified my Group Window to allow for the Come to me/Follow me/ Mimic me Buttons. I dont use the other 3 custom buttons so I removed them.

I'm at work right now - so I only have some old backup files - and I changed all this years ago so not 100% sure.

Edit the Mq2Targetinfo.ini

There should be a heap of UI -configs in this file. Is there one for your UI? I name my UI Based on a Date. ie [UI_March2020]

There will be 3 lines that tell the UI where to put your buttons.

ComeToMeLoc=61,27,6,46
FollowMeLoc=61,27,48,88
MimicMeLoc=61,27,90,130

I believe these co-ordinates are TOP LEFT X,Y and then BOTTOM Right X,y

Let me know how it goes, and take a snippet if it doesn't look good.

You may also need to make some changes to the EQUI_GroupWindow.XML file to expand the window a little.
Right at the bottom of the file you will see something like this:

1656907193911.png

Edit the Line <CY>346</CY> and make it about 40 extra for each button you want to add. ie 386

You will need to make all these changes and then login to see what happens. It can take a while to get it right.

Question - Any UI Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back