• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Another dumb group question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,031¢
Ok, I swap out tanks ( pally or sk ) , but I've been working a caster group. I have tank, shm, wiz, mag, chant ( could use bard, but trying the caster route ) and bst. I am walking any content quickly , close enough to my melee kill groups. But was wondering about dropping bst and putting necro in. How much would I lose or gain? I guess I could just do it, but figured you experts would know more then I can figure out. I go by seconds on kill parse. Not smart enough to do a long analysis.
Thanks

Some of the answer would depend on content your doing and your level. BST adds great adps and steady dps while necro is better on higher level, higher hp mobs due to dots.

Side note, leave the chanter with caster group as opposed to bard imo.

Ok, I swap out tanks ( pally or sk ) , but I've been working a caster group. I have tank, shm, wiz, mag, chant ( could use bard, but trying the caster route ) and bst. I am walking any content quickly , close enough to my melee kill groups. But was wondering about dropping bst and putting necro in. How much would I lose or gain? I guess I could just do it, but figured you experts would know more then I can figure out. I go by seconds on kill parse. Not smart enough to do a long analysis.
Thanks
SK, SHM, BRD(pet aura+pc songs), BST, MAG, WIZ, in my humble opinion with what you got so far :)

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Thanks
Others have their opinions, here is mine. Drop Wiz, put in Nec. donezo!

I think they have snuck some upgrades to wiz, he goes boom pretty decent. Its nice to have the evac to traverse some of the PITA zones and the ports are nice also.

I was wondering the same. My wiz is almost max aa and has been keeping up with my max aa mag as of lately on about 75% of the mobs. I'd bet he would keep up and/or pretty much exceed if mag had no pet.

Last edited:
Mostly Nos, kill the lower hps mobs in about 25 secs, the billion hps take about 45 secs.
Depends on what your goals are.

If you're already killing NoS mobs that fast, you're not going to get full dps out of the necro in group content. That's why I put my necro on shelf for group stuff.

If you're trying to get into raiding eventually then the necro is awesome.

It must be nice to have first world problems. I would say keep the bst unless you are trying to min/max completely at which point you would have to do the testing for yourself since every situation is different. Some of use have better gear, more AAs, different plugins to give you a solid xyz is best. If I were killing NoS mobs that fast I would be content and happy as a toddler in a bouncy house.

I was wondering the same. My wiz is almost max aa and has been keeping up with my max aa mag as of lately on about 75% of the mobs. I'd bet he would keep up pretty exceed if mag had not pet.
I have noticed that on average his dps about equal to the mage, till a namer spawns, then destroys the mage in output..

It must be nice to have first world problems. I would say keep the bst unless you are trying to min/max completely at which point you would have to do the testing for yourself since every situation is different. Some of use have better gear, more AAs, different plugins to give you a solid xyz is best. If I were killing NoS mobs that fast I would be content and happy as a toddler in a bouncy house.
Im also very much in love with my necro lol. Also, my paladin hehe, thanks for the new CTWN . Is why I try to keep them relevant. Paladin was first real toon and just have had necro since they came out hehe.

Question - Another dumb group question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back