• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - another 6 box Q (1 Viewer)

motik

RedCents
162¢
hey all

running sk, shm, brd, zerk, wiz. thoughts on a sixth?

plan to keep the sk / shm gold. not too worried about min / max dps. maybe mage for coth?
the meta seems to be; keep wiz out of group for ports and run zerkx3. that seems kinda boring to have 3 same class. is it really that crazy big of a difference?
what are some less popular classes you have had a lot of fun with?

cheers

This post > HERE < talks about the class synergy focus you get later on in the game -which is why you end up doing groups in a specific way.

re: zerkers - they're stupid strong, low AA to cap, easy to gear up, mq2berzerker etc --- their alliance can trigger with 2 during burns (pet), 3 triggers it well - they're stupid dmg without it, and big_redonk with.

I personally enjoy a bst for my 3rd dps for the utility and the balance of givers and takers

Thanks Sic! you always have the best infos. watched most your videos. think you will ever do random videos of you running around smashing named stuff just for funsies again?

Still curious to hear (read? haha) what other random classes people have found surprisingly fun.

Thanks Sic! you always have the best infos. watched most your videos. think you will ever do random videos of you running around smashing named stuff just for funsies again?

Still curious to hear (read? haha) what other random classes people have found surprisingly fun.
I'm sure i'll do vids for the new missions when xpac comes out and such.

3 SKs, Bard, Pal, Warrior is pretty fun. Tanks + Bards do a ridiculous amount of DPS.
Shaman, Zerk, Bard, Monk tank, 2 rogues (?) I forgot what that group was, but monk tanks are pretty legit. Can only really do single pulls though.
3 bards, warrior, cleric, enchanter. 2.8 million damage firing off every 6 seconds is actually not that bad when your bards do a base of >150k DPS.
I haven't done too much caster stuff, but I think that 3 mages+Bard+Enchanter+Paladin would be better than 3 zerkers if setup correctly. Maybe cutout a mage and put a druid in there for black wolf + huge dots (healing only by accident through the heal-through nukes)? IOG + Chromatic Haze is too much to give up the enchanter for though, and no group is good without a bard. Being able to get off full volleys 90+% of the time is pretty amazing, plus with 300k DPS just being from the swarm pets, it'd be a legit group.
Without getting into meme-comps though, bard/shaman/warrior/zerker/beastlord/ranger is the best DPS group you're going to get if you put gear and some thought into their ini/macro/plugin that you use to run them. 3 zerkers is the noob way out IMHO. Learn to play beast, and you can get about 90% of the DPS of a berzerker (and yes, that is 90% of a berzerker with a beastlord).

The fun in this game to me is doing a lot with a little. Every class (besides zerker lol) has been pretty fun for me to learn and improve with.

My Current team Consist of 115 Shammy w/Melee damage merc, 115 SK, 112, Warrior, 107 Rogue and 10somethig Bard cant remember right now. I use CWTN plugins on War, Shm, and SK and KA for rogue and bard. When I can I will get the CWTN rogue plugin. My last spot I am debating on. Currently I have a 104 wizzy that I was running. But don't have ToV or CoV for him. cant decide should i buy the expansion and keep him or maybe try a Zerk or another Rogue. was also debating dropping the War cause I don't really need 2 tanks But he is kind of sentimental to me, he is one of he first characters I ever played.

My Current team Consist of 115 Shammy w/Melee damage merc, 115 SK, 112, Warrior, 107 Rogue and 10somethig Bard cant remember right now. I use CWTN plugins on War, Shm, and SK and KA for rogue and bard. When I can I will get the CWTN rogue plugin. My last spot I am debating on. Currently I have a 104 wizzy that I was running. But don't have ToV or CoV for him. cant decide should i buy the expansion and keep him or maybe try a Zerk or another Rogue. was also debating dropping the War cause I don't really need 2 tanks But he is kind of sentimental to me, he is one of he first characters I ever played.
Id set the SK to 2hd assist mode, they are pretty decent dps, then have the war earn his keep as the tank. with a shaman and a bard, id go melee for the last spot, either zerker, or if you only want to buy 1 CWTN plugin, a second rogue.

Id set the SK to 2hd assist mode, they are pretty decent dps, then have the war earn his keep as the tank. with a shaman and a bard, id go melee for the last spot, either zerker, or if you only want to buy 1 CWTN plugin, a second rogue.
I like your thoughts. The issue I have is that my War(Snowbound) is not super well geared and SK is way better geared(mostly Velium infused). Plus he is lvl 115. But I do like your suggestion and I do like the Idea of a second Rog.

I like your thoughts. The issue I have is that my War(Snowbound) is not super well geared and SK is way better geared(mostly Velium infused). Plus he is lvl 115. But I do like your suggestion and I do like the Idea of a second Rog.
So keep it as is for now and work the warrior up to tank knowing the SK can DPS once that happens, and be a backup tank in a snafu. I agree with adding another melee to this group.

Question - another 6 box Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Back