• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DPSAdv

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv (1 Viewer)

I really wonder how many people are crashing, just saying fk it, unloading the plugin. Not checking the boards to see the request for the dump files..

To be fair, my 'crash' isn't a crash that pops up a window saying the client crashed. It simply closes/crashes directly to desktop with no error whatsoever. The character stays logged in, until I reload that instance of EQ. Unless there's somewhere other than the Logs folder that I should be looking for a .dmp file, I don't have anything from these crashes/closures.

@psatty82 ty for the Info.
@zuesizgod Its not the crashing alone. If it would have been only that, I would firtst attemt to help to resolve the problen, instead of first löooking for a solution to avoid the problem.
I had been at a hero and this time with a limited time-frame. I had problems with a plugin and attempted to get the "job" done using the universal solution "/plugin xxx unload".
At this situation I ran for the first time into the situation, that a plugin could not be stopped with "/plugin xxx unload". This brought me to the point, that I wanted to learn, how I can get back to a fluid experience.
Your sentence for me feels, like you are accusing me to just say fk it at a nice project.

The main problem actually is, that for me it feels that there is somewhere some code, that does continually call for more ressources, but does not free those resources when it doesen't need it anymore. It just continues to call for more ressources. If that is the case, probably no dump is able to help to figure it out.

What is the reason I feel that way: If the plugin is running on 6 accounts, the ones which have mostly the focus (Pullertank + healer) are the ones where all dialog-boxes blank out at first. This for me is a sign of a situation, where the ui can't complete its refresh-cycle anymore.

But whatever road this nice project takes, your accusation doesn't help to increase my motivation to try to help to solve issues. I am not aware of rules, which don't allow me to ask for a way, to get back to a fluid gameplay. When I feel I have found a specific plugin causing problems to me to a point, that I can't play anymore, I find it's ok to first ask how to disable it to be able to continue to have fun and decide later wether or not or how I want to participate to make the plugin run smoother.

I think he was just responding to the idea that people were probably just unloading the plugin instead of sending dumps, not an accusation so much as an observation.

I think unloading a crashing plugin is fine and a good solution.

The issue that you mention of this plugin in particular just using more and more resources is what I initially was addressing, but the crashes for the last few days were my fault. The dumps help me to track down what is going on, since unfortunately it wasn't crashing for me.

The function that I'm using right now was in the original program, but I don't think that section of code actually ever got hit, so there was some cleanup around it that I missed.

Regardless, I appreciate the dumps people sent and apologize that anyone had to unload it in the interim.

Fair warning though, I've been cleaning up dangling pointers in this code, so there may be more crashes. But all the dumps I've received so far have been addressed.

Keep em comin`

@Dragonslayer - My comment was more of an observation as Knightly said, or I guess to better sum it up, a guess as to why there aren't dump files being sent in. I would much rather see people get dumps and send them in. It helps solve the issues faster when there are multiple sources to look at. If you took that personally, or if anyone else did, it wasn't meant to be. I myself even unloaded the plugin, after 2 crashes on my main tank, but I also sent the dump files in that I had.

Last edited:
Hey, I’m new so please be gentle. I copied the xml to the ui folder load the game and nothing. /reload and nothing.

/dpsadv show and I get “invalid command”

this should be preinstalled and good to go, right? What am I doing wrong?

Latest version seems spot-on with EQ Log Parser (which is better than GamParse, imo). KissAssist's built-in DPS is a bit higher than it should be, although the combat time is the same.
Previously I had horrific CTD problems with mq2dpsadv and pets, so I'll give it a more thorough testing when I can logon a pet class. I've nuked old UI files and such, so that won't be an issue there.

Does anyone know what [D] or [A] means in front of previous history?
1603216829591.png

Latest version seems spot-on with EQ Log Parser (which is better than GamParse, imo). KissAssist's built-in DPS is a bit higher than it should be, although the combat time is the same.
Previously I had horrific CTD problems with mq2dpsadv and pets, so I'll give it a more thorough testing when I can logon a pet class. I've nuked old UI files and such, so that won't be an issue there.

Does anyone know what [D] or [A] means in front of previous history?
View attachment 25047
D is dead mob, A is active

Hey guys, I seem to have broken this plugin which sucks because I really like it. I minimized it and stashed it in a convenient spot on my screen. Logged, came back on a different character where I had done the same thing and it’s now stuck minimized on all characters.

I read this entire thread hoping someone would mention it but no luck. I did a /reloadui and unloaded/reloaded the plug-in. I unloaded,deleted the MQ2DPSAdv.ini, reloaded. Closed the window and tried to reopen hoping it wouldn’t be minimized but it is. I can’t seem to fix it. Anyone have any ideas? If it helps I am using Sparxx UI which seems to play nice with everything else. This window isn’t even in the sparxx style so I don’t know if this is a UI problem. This persists across all characters on all accounts on this one machine. Thanks in advance, sorry for being a pain in the ass!

I had some weird issues with RGMercs as well. I ended up reimaging my machine and all is fixed. Thanks for the suggestions.

I am a big fan of this plug-in.

Can anyone tell me why this doesn't show up in my plugin list on redguide launcher, and why the /dpsadv show command doesnt work in game?

Just started using this, and seems there's a lot more commands than stated in here, but I do not see any commands page or list showing. Can get them listed in game, but... Is it Possible to get them listed here? with full explanations. Also while running this I have noticed Pets can run with the owner of, or can run combined with owner of pet. I don't know how or what I did to get this as was accident :shrug: mainly noticed it on the Enchanter and charmed pets, usually showed the charm pet, but had a couple that they were combined. (Nice to Know the Chanters can still rule DPS with charmed pets still) The other I am looking for I was assuming the /DPSAdv Copy was for copying the parse, if so where does the file go? if not how do i copy the parse or fight output?

Was this a standard part of the last update? Just noticed this box up on both of my boxes named DPS Advanced v1.6 and I don't recall loading the plugin or downloading it.

are you using kissassist? kiss loads it
Yes, I use Kissassist, but never seen the DPS chat box for this come up before. Strange my Nav bar hasn't come anymore from about a week ago, now this window is coming up. haha (Also noticed some strange text in my mq2 window title changes randomly saying waiting on your endurance other box is labeled killing a cocoon cluster)

I am so lost here. The plugin dpsadv is included with very vanilla but the command "/dpsadv show " gets nothing. I am missing like step 1, how to load /install the dps monitor. Or maybe how to open the window?

I am so lost here. The plugin dpsadv is included with very vanilla but the command "/dpsadv show " gets nothing. I am missing like step 1, how to load /install the dps monitor. Or maybe how to open the window?
after you load any plugin that has an xml window you need to reload your ui

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back