• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

account hacked (1 Viewer)

geostone

RedCents
Hey guys

well somehow someway someone got into two of my accounts....im still trying to figure it out... any ideas how to fight back on this one the guy changed my email, secret pass everything... so ideas would greatly be appreciated :confused:

Sorry I know of no way you could get it back unless you call up sony (or get on a friends account) and tell them it was hacked and they may change your stuff back for you.

Jumjum5 said:
Sorry I know of no way you could get it back unless you call up sony (or get on a friends account) and tell them it was hacked and they may change your stuff back for you.

does emailing sony about this help at all hell 2 accounts gone realy pisses me off or do i need to acually logged another account and petiton a gm?

shadowman33 said:
what you do is track down what he changed it to. Find out who that person is and press charges. An I.P address can tell you all kinds of lovely things.

in all honestly if i was somewhat computer illiterate i would but i don't know how to get the ip address or anything like that hell i was just a casual player took 3 days off to be with my boys come back and my accounts are gone.

only idea of anything i have is this email [email protected] he was constantly inquiring about my account allways wanting to buy etc... best i could do was find out was it was a google email

shadowman33 said:
what you do is track down what he changed it to. Find out who that person is and press charges. An I.P address can tell you all kinds of lovely things.

Shadowman, could you give us an example of how to go about doing this search? I think it would be ver useful!!

Mikiky said:
Shadowman, could you give us an example of how to go about doing this search? I think it would be ver useful!!

ya if anyone wouldnt mind this it would be great...peeps like this hacker really ruin the game...

Geostone i hope this helps.

If you got the email through Outlook. This is how you get the IP address.

Open the email
Click on View, then Options.
Look for this X-Originating-IP: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Write it down, you have the IP address

Side note. If he is smart he can spoof it, but if you have 2 emails from this dude check to see if they are the same IP. If they are, that means its 90 percent real.

Next,
go to www.DNSstuff.com
there is a WHOIS and IPWHOIS field.
Put the IP address in there, and hit enter.
It will then tell you the ISP they have, and an abuse email, etc. It also gives you part of the country they are from too. After that its up to you to contact the ISP and hope they help.

Thats all the further I can take you.

Hope this helps

BIGMIKE

bigmike said:
Geostone i hope this helps.

If you got the email through Outlook. This is how you get the IP address.

Open the email
Click on View, then Options.
Look for this X-Originating-IP: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Write it down, you have the IP address

Side note. If he is smart he can spoof it, but if you have 2 emails from this dude check to see if they are the same IP. If they are, that means its 90 percent real.

Next,
go to www.DNSstuff.com
there is a WHOIS and IPWHOIS field.
Put the IP address in there, and hit enter.
It will then tell you the ISP they have, and an abuse email, etc. It also gives you part of the country they are from too. After that its up to you to contact the ISP and hope they help.

Thats all the further I can take you.

Hope this helps

BIGMIKE

is there anyway to check the ip with msn?? btw great info thanks

Hmm...sorry bud, I am not sure how MSN mail works. But there is probably some kind of header. If you are doing it through their server, I am sure there is a way you can set it up through outlook and use POP protocol so it downloads all emails from their server to your computer. After that you could check those emails.

I remember when I had 2 of my 3 accounts ganked...heres how it happened.

Guildie of mine got Ghost Key Logged, or some kinda shit like that. Then they stole his account changed the password, and logged on acting like they knew everyone and wanted to borrow plat, and accounts. Needless to say about 4 people including myself gave out accout info thinking it was the legit guildie, only to find out like 10 minutes later that he was stolen. A few people actually got taken for 100k or more.

In that time he managed to take over all those accounts, litterally while I gave him the account info it was taken. Since it happened on a Friday night there was absolutely NOTHING I could do till Monday morning. Even going to a GM did fucking nothing. You could tell a GM straight up, hey he stole my account, etc. and they can't do shit. So this person could actually go around and lets say your friends send him a tell, he could gank their accounts too by asking for passwords, etc.

Of course the accounts he stole were alts of mine that were at best PoF geared -- my main account is Anguish geared and I don't care if you are my mother you aint getting that p/w. At any rate, I believe it was totally an ex-guildie as my accounts were not even touched (had 100k in bank), but the person that was originally ganked had all his gear deleted, etc. And of course got my accounts back that Monday, but I gave them my serial numbers, and most recent credit cards and they were fine with that. :eek:

Moral of the story : Don't fucking give ANYONE your account info, even if it is a guildie you known for 7 years.

account hacked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back