• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - A Great Big Bundle of Questions: Episode ???? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
575¢
1. How do I fix buff loops in KA when something is more powerful than the other? example being I have an 88 toon with a cleric merc out in group helping in fire, and my druid was just chain casting skin until I did /buffson 0

2. Where can I find general advice,tips,macros,etc. for questing? I'm not really looking to automate any at the moment, but I'm thinking about playing through the hero's journey on my next set now that I have a support group

3. Is there a way I can setup an alert for tells? I know I could do gina, but I really don't want to deal with spam triggers when I'm just selling to merchants.
3.5 Also, is there a macro/plugin that would allow tells to be forwarded to my discord in a DM? That's something on my radar I wanna try and start deving since I have a background in discord bots.

4. GTFO is confusing. I thought I set it up correct, but when I campfired my bard in my SK decided he was gonna quit the game in 30s if I didn't /endmac, but none of my other characters did anything? Basically I'm looking for help figuring that one out.

5. Lastly, the one that's been stumping me for a bit -- how do I incorporate AAs and Items in KA? I tried setting my rogue up for poison pots and he spam clicked em and burned through a stack - I turned it off after lol

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, formatted wrong,etc. I'm still figuring all this out day by day and so far the forums have been **incredibly** helpful.

1. no real super easy way - if you are always going to have a cleric buff - then edit your druid ini to stop them casting the druid one.
2. Allahkhazam is great. EQ Resource is also great.

3. shrug - dont go afkzor.

4. double shrug - prolly need to setup toons as friendly..."dont run away from me" - also dont need if you arent going afkzor.

5. Check out some of the ini's in the resources section. There is a tiny little thing called DUAL that you will see on some buffs.
Here are some examples.

INI:
Buffs1=${InvSlot[Back].Item.Name}|Dual|Illusionary Spikes|Me
Buffs2=Perfected Levitation|Dual|Group Perfected Levitation|Me
Buffs3=Waxing Crescent Shadowscale Leggings|Summon|Consigned Bite of the Shissar XXI|1|Cond1
Buffs4=Consigned Bite of the Shissar XIX|Dual|Bite of the Shissar Poison X
Buffs5=Jann's Veil|dual|Illusion Benefit Greater Jann|Cond2

You REALLY will want to master the KA Manual. The dev team have made an awesome Guide.
Also download 4-5 ini files for your class and read them. Print them out and put them beside the dunny.
If you understand what every command and every section does - then you can customise your ini so that it just works!

Ty for the info =) I should preface the tell alert question was mainly so if someone sends a tell to not the driver I'm notified, granted I'm still tabbing often to adjust spells, etc. with the quick lvls

4. double shrug - prolly need to setup toons as friendly..."dont run away from me" - also dont need if you arent going afkzor.
Also, I'm not setting it up for afk play, it's mainly because people can be assholes, they see my toons all sync'd fighting and report. I figure it's easier to just go camp somewhere else and avoid the dice roll period

Question - A Great Big Bundle of Questions: Episode ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back