• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Tank Clickies (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Hail ____! I’ve been wanting to put together a list of clickies (Tank and Warrior specifically, but should apply to the whole tank archetype, as well as other classes). I’m going to be drawing on various posts from the DBG forums, along with my own knowledge. The only problem with a lot of lists out there – they’re all outdated.

The emphasis here is that all these items are still relevant to gameplay today (8-28-19/TBL). I’d like to make things easier for people like me, who have limited time – so you’re not wasting your effort.

Anyway, my knowledge is certainly not perfect. Please feel free to correct me and I’ll try and edit everything if possible.

Before I get started, does anyone remember this sob?
download.jpg

I spent a better part of a year camping this guy for that stupid eyepatch haste clickie in Velious.
So, here’s to never having to do that again!

Here’s a complete list that includes a lot of prestige items
*everything in red is anniversary quest = you cannot start this quest unless it’s anniversary time (March every year
*IF YOU SEE ANYTHING IN THE LIST THAT IS NO LONGER RELEVANT, LET ME KNOW
*Everything in blue is from @v1ndi 's list below and should be relevant at this point for TBL
** (h/t @eqtrader74 ) One other thing that would be nice is like a "ease of obtaining" rating for each. Like 1-5 (+seasonal only), where 1 is you can get it in a single evening and 5 is expect some back-flagging + it has a poor chance of dropping from the timer-lockout raid
1= 2 hours or less

2= 2-6 hours
3= 6-10 hours
4= 10-14 hours

5= 14+ hours

***These ratings will assume that you're level 110 and have done 0 progression when applicable

Something with HasteV3 AKA Bard Overhaste (Ancestral Memories/Taolosian Guard)
5 Seasonal Ancient Cloak of Flames 16%
3 Ring of Solidarity 14%
3 Ring of Perpetual Stealth 14%

Added from @v1ndi
5 Highwater Breastplate of Havoc
5 Jann Mask
2 Blood Drinker's Coating

Added from @da Man
mithril breastplate - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=85541
razor's edge - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=85644
permafrost chunk of resistance - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23630

Trophies
Replica of the Qeynos Claymore
Golden Helmet of Rallos Zek Tier
Trophy of the Seafarer Tier
Trophy of Duality Tier

(h/t @blackmarble )
RoS Trophy: Scavenger's Prize
TBL Trophy: Mortal's Ethereal Wonder
Seasonal Lost Wayfarer's Tent is also nice (19th Anniv. Mission Reward)

(h/t @Sum1 )
Trophy: Idol of Talendor --- From Legends of Norrath #2 Loot Packs (may or may not be something you can still get)

Consumables

Magical Bounty
Enchanted Sugar Cake
Arx Mentis Medicine

Heal
3 Overflowing Urn of Life
Prayers of Life
Silken Trilium
Small Manisi Branch

End Regen
2 seasonal Miniature Horn of Unity
Kiss of Erollisi Marr - don't believe this is useful anymore

HP Buff
Kizrak's Chestplate of Battle
Mithril-Runed Tunic
Unspoken Eye
The Chief's Influence - Doesn't stack with a lot of buffs
Carillon Box of Lost Songs
Familiar of Lord Nagafen
Ruaabri's Fist
Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch
5 Kreljnok's Sword of Eternal Power

Damage Buff
2 Gladiator's Plate Chestguard of War - The Most Important Item a War Can Have (You need to have a full group to join the raid instance to OMM)

Mitigation Buff
2 Gladiator's Plate Chestguard of War
2 diplomatic papers
Party Popper Nimbus
Fabled Ball of Golem Clay
Suppressed Etheric Legionnaire Breastplate

Damage Shields
Blazing Vambraces
4 Violet Conch of the Tempest
3 Stormeye Band
Cloak of Thorns
Pauldron of Dark Auspices
Nimbus of Frost
Memento of the Ungod's Suffering
3 Seasonal Ancient Faycite Bone Circum
2 Seasonal Miniature Horn of Unity

Spell Damage Shield
4 Skull of Null
3 Overflowing Urn of Life

AC Buffs
4 Violet Conch of the Tempest
Brown Chitin Protector
Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch
5 seasonal Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem

Decrease Damage Shield
3 Terror's Juju
Ghoulskin Shield

Reverse Damage Shield
3 Terror's Juju

Additional Damage to Spells
Memento of the Ungo's Suffering

Fire Resist
Gauntlets of Dark Embers
Red Dragonscale Armor

Resist All
Ring of Resistance
The Skull of Den Lord Rakban
Earstud of Darkest Shadow

Rune
Boots of Kylthorn
Tsaph Katta's Urn of Rejuvenation
Bladestopper
Basalt Carapace

Dodge
4 Bloody Orc Signet - Guardians Circle 3 clickie
Symbol of Energico
Band of Ice
Scorched Chitin Faceguard
Runed Mask of the Creep
Jagged Ring of the Bloodeye
Eye of the Beast

Circle of Power
Incandescent Shard
5 Rage of Rolfron - or any other CoP clickie
Symbol of Mezzoforte

Haste
Lizardscale Plated Girdle
Rapier of Somber Notes
Songblade of the Eternal

Movement Buffs
Swiftmantle
Orb of Suspension
Bone Earring of Evasion – One of only two items in the game that give IVU
Crumblewidgets death imitator – “ “
Mask of Vanishing
Mask of Scaled Cunning
Circlet of Umbra
Drape of the Unseen
Cobalt Greaves

Shrink (1 shrink item)
1 Ring of the Ancients
Earring of Diminutiveness
1 Cobalt Bracer

Port
Signet of the Crystal Circle
Worker Sledgemallet

Summon
Huntsman's Ethereal Quiver - A must have for KA
Packed Picnic Basket
Fisherman's Companion
Orb of Satisfaction

Proc
Gloves of the Crimson Sigil
Repentia
Cured Flesh Sash of Boromas
5 CotDF is a seasonal, Hardcore Heritage, item and GRS is a raid item I believe Chestplate of the Dark Flame - 1 of these 2
Grelleth's Royal Seal (Stacking issues with Knight spells/abilities)

Springwork Spider
Prismatic Decimator's Breastplate
Form of the Recluse

Dispell
Ring of Dissipation
4 Shield of the Immaculate
3 Seasonal Cleansing Rod
Venenium
Shield of Immaculate Light
4 Kijarl's Ring of Negation

Slow Proc
Tita's Incapacitating Cincture
Usasium
Bolstered Belt of Boromas

Targetted Attack
Bladed Fang Mantle
Bioluminescent Orb
3 necromatic dragonbone
Shard of the Plundered Mind
Bottled Essence of Vex
Staff of Viral Flux

Self Preservation
Lingering Essence of Cazic-Thule
Jimothy Junior
Fear Fruit
5 Good luck Feral Guardian Channeler
5 Totem of the Wurines

Spell Reflect
Familiar of the Hooded Scrykin
Kreljnok's Sword of Eternal Power

Double Attack
Stoic Wolf Familiar

Side Weapons
Aged Left Eye of Xygoz
Willsapper
Fabled Obtenebrate Short Sword
Gilded Hammer of Ro's Light
Sword of the Sanative
Hammer of the War Machine

ATK Buff
Fabled Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring

SECOND SECTION IS FOR F2P CHARACTERS *AT LEAST SOME OF IT
*everything in red is anniversary quest = you cannot start this quest unless it’s anniversary time (March every year)
*IF YOU SEE ANYTHING IN THE LIST THAT IS NO LONGER RELEVANT, LET ME KNOW
*Everything in blue is from @v1ndi 's list below and should be relevant at this point for TBL

(Non-Prestige Situational & Odd-Ball Clickies)
Velious Snowball - pacify
Curious Companion Compactor - pet shrink
Brick of Knowledge - POK Gate (9th Anniv Quest)
Drunkard's Stein - POK Gate (16th Anniversary)
4 Seasonal Cleansing Rod - cure (16th Anniversary)
3 Shield of the Immaculate - cure disease
Cloth Cap -- pet swarm, help Mages with Many xx spells
Preserved Chokidai Vocal Cords - make pet talk
Archaeologist's Automated Antiquity Analyzer
-- Shrink: lots of choices, illusion or other ways to shrink. Not going to expand on this area. (other items like food/drink clickies etc)

Special Items:
Darkened Sebilite Scale Belt - 1k dd process
Darkened Sludged Girdle - cripple process
Darkened Cone of the Mystics - upgrade for ALEX
Aged Left Eye of Xygoz - no damage tanking
Darkened Journeyman's Walking Stick -- new upgrade to tash stick (Malosenia)
Journeyman's Walking Stick - tash
Corrupted Hammer of Consternation - HS hammer (new quest)
Fabled Willsapper - slow
Worker Sledgemallet - gate hammer
Very Small Stone Tear - pretty cool, only thing that fits in ammo slot and gives stats

Last edited:
spell reflect type 4 aug, chunk of permafrost or something like that, there is a clicky bp from omm missions that does a taunt. there is a dodge that was bought from market place, tumbleweed, there is an attack buff looks like a sword from market

Here's a list of anything worthwhile, a lot of what you listed is obsolete or consolidated into modern clickies (Jann Mask includes: Stoic Wolf, Memento of Ungod, Gunthak Swabby, and an additional Rune that overwrites a lot of what you listed)

For warriors in TBL this is pretty much all you'll ever need or use:
  • Passive Buffs
    • Jann Mask
    • Chestplate of the Dark Flame OR Grelleth's Royal Seal (Planemasters has push effect and is bad if you're MTing)
    • Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem (Anniversary)
    • Violet Conch of the Tempest
    • Storm Band
  • Essential Tanking
    • Horn of Unity
    • Gladiator's Plate Chestguard of War (CoA BP)
    • Diplomatic Papers (anniversary)
    • Poison / Disease Cleanse Clickies
    • Both DA Clickies
    • Shrink Item (Anni or the DoDH Mission one)
    • Blood Drinker's Coating
    • Epic 2.0
    • Overflowing Urn of Life
    • Bloody Orc Signet
  • DPS Clickies
    • Necromantic Dragon Bone
    • Highwater Breastplate of Havok (TDS BP)
    • Rage of Rolfron

Last edited:
mithril bp bellow is the taunt (old man McKenzie mission), the sword is razor's edge, the aug is permafrost chunk of resilience (ldon). as an afterthought the rage of rolfron to me is not good for a warrior, pally and sk yes. or any other group member. the reason being is it does not stack with champions aura

Great list.

Just a note that SK/Pal don't need Chestplate of the Dark Flame/Grelleth Seal. It's great free stun/dmg proc for warriors, but doesn't stack with knight-class self buffs. I found out the hard way by camping it on all three before trying it out.

Great list.

Just a note that SK/Pal don't need Chestplate of the Dark Flame/Grelleth Seal. It's great free stun/dmg proc for warriors, but doesn't stack with knight-class self buffs. I found out the hard way by camping it on all three before trying it out.

Exact same thing happened to me... that was pretty annoying.

One other thing that would be nice is like a "ease of obtaining" rating for each. Like 1-5 (+seasonal only), where 1 is you can get it in a single evening and 5 is expect some back-flagging + it has a poor chance of dropping from the timer-lockout raid.

One other thing that would be nice is like a "ease of obtaining" rating for each. Like 1-5 (+seasonal only), where 1 is you can get it in a single evening and 5 is expect some back-flagging + it has a poor chance of dropping from the timer-lockout raid.

That is a great idea, I can try and rate some of the items like that. If anyone else wants to help, just let me know what you would rate them and I'll throw it up there.

mithril bp bellow is the taunt (old man McKenzie mission), the sword is razor's edge, the aug is permafrost chunk of resilience (ldon). as an afterthought the rage of rolfron to me is not good for a warrior, pally and sk yes. or any other group member. the reason being is it does not stack with champions aura

You're not always going to be tanking as a War.

the only time im not tanking is on a raid even then im first on tank list. ive played a tank since live went live. I aslo generally think in the lines of group think since I group waaaaaay more than I raid

Trophy: Idol of Talendor --- From Legends of Norrath #2 Loot Packs (may or may not be something you can still get)

Also, some of the VoA guild trophies are easily gotten (well, the events are easy.... the drop rate is NOT). I need to pull those names (I'm getting ready for work)

Why is "Violet Conch of the Tempest" listed as a passive buff? Is that a change? Because it was a clicky from TDS that actually gave you a real buff with counters and all that. Furthermore, it had some stacking issues, if I recall.

Conch now gives Spinecoat, a lvl 83 ranger AC/DS self buff. Lasts hours and doesn't have counters. So it stacks with most stuff and is great for warriors. Doesn't stack on my SK self buffs, not sure about pally. It's a random extra drop from any Named in the TDS entry zone, Tempest Temple.

Conch now gives Spinecoat, a lvl 83 ranger AC/DS self buff. Lasts hours and doesn't have counters. So it stacks with most stuff and is great for warriors. Doesn't stack on my SK self buffs, not sure about pally. It's a random extra drop from any Named in the TDS entry zone, Tempest Temple.

I'm aware of what it is, but I was just wondering why it was characterized as "passive" when it's essentially just another clicky buff that sometimes conflicts with stuff you already have.

Side note, does Grelleth's Royal Seal have any known stacking issues with SKs?

I'm aware of what it is, but I was just wondering why it was characterized as "passive" when it's essentially just another clicky buff that sometimes conflicts with stuff you already have.

Side note, does Grelleth's Royal Seal have any known stacking issues with SKs?

I believe that Grelleth's Royal Seal is essentially useless for SK, because there are stacking issues with some of your proc SPA

I believe that Grelleth's Royal Seal is essentially useless for SK, because there are stacking issues with some of your proc SPA

Makes sense. There usually are stacking issues with this kinda thing.

I realize this topic is old, but it is still worth adding to

Sparkling Bracer of the Jeweled Hero - https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=56685
(War only) Clicky that adds a permenant 18pt damage shield that stacks with everything. Possible chest drop in the LDoN Raid: Takish-Hiz: Within the Compact

Reakash's Purifying Mask - https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=52450
Clicky 25 Disease resist from a newbie quest in Crescent reach (takes less than a minute to complete).

Bangle of Disease Warding - https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=18749
Clicky 40 Disease resist from alternate access quest in Plane of Disease

I realize the resists clickys are not exciting by today's standards but they are great for padding buffs for raids and events that dispell.

Last edited:
Here's a list of anything worthwhile, a lot of what you listed is obsolete or consolidated into modern clickies (Jann Mask includes: Stoic Wolf, Memento of Ungod, Gunthak Swabby, and an additional Rune that overwrites a lot of what you listed)

For warriors in TBL this is pretty much all you'll ever need or use:
  • Passive Buffs
    • Jann Mask
    • Chestplate of the Dark Flame OR Grelleth's Royal Seal (Planemasters has push effect and is bad if you're MTing)
    • Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem (Anniversary)
    • Violet Conch of the Tempest
    • Storm Band
  • Essential Tanking
    • Horn of Unity
    • Gladiator's Plate Chestguard of War (CoA BP)
    • Diplomatic Papers (anniversary)
    • Poison / Disease Cleanse Clickies
    • Both DA Clickies
    • Shrink Item (Anni or the DoDH Mission one)
    • Blood Drinker's Coating
    • Epic 2.0
    • Overflowing Urn of Life
    • Bloody Orc Signet
  • DPS Clickies
    • Necromantic Dragon Bone
    • Highwater Breastplate of Havok (TDS BP)
    • Rage of Rolfron
It has been a couple of years. But wanted to update this list.

The NoS blood drinkers update would be one change.

I also feel like some of the items aren’t really necessary anymore- necromantic dragon bone, epic 2.0, etc.

What does everyone else think? I’m trying to bring my warrior up to speed.

It has been a couple of years. But wanted to update this list.

The NoS blood drinkers update would be one change.

I also feel like some of the items aren’t really necessary anymore- necromantic dragon bone, epic 2.0, etc.

What does everyone else think? I’m trying to bring my warrior up to speed.
So first we need to keep in mind that not everyone who reads this guide is going to be lvl 120 and or have the ability to gain the best items. So, leaving the "outdated" items listed is still valuable to some. For example, the Jann's veil, a lot of us see this as trivial to obtain but there may be others out there that are lower leveled or on TLP and may need the use of the items it replaced. Blood Drinker's coating and its upgrade is another example.

The Necromantic Dragon Bone and Epic 2.0 you mention do still have purpose although not like they used to be. The epic 2.0 grants 800hp buff to the entire group which seems like a miniscule amount but at 1 sec cast time it is not a bad click for named or bosses as every tank who has played the game can tell you dozens of stories of how they survived or were healed with just a few HP remaining. The Dragon bone is a half second cast that does 22500 dmg which in the long run is not much but dmg=aggro and that fast cast can help establish that hatred toward you that SKs and monks love to steal.

Does anyone know the item that drops in TBL that has clicky for tank that increases hate by 20%. I seen it once but for the life of me can not find it again. I think it was a named drop but might be mission drop not sure. I have spent hours trying to find it again but no luck.
Thank You in advance

Guide - Tank Clickies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back