• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - 6 box Wiz vs Bst / Bard vs Enc? (1 Viewer)

iamin402

RedCents
222¢
Good morning so i have a 6 box going currently its: Pal/Brd/SHM/Wiz/Mag/Nec

I swapped out the Enchanter for a bard (same account) and I have a bst on the wiz account. Currently im thinking about dropping the wizard for the beastlord? just wondering what you all think.

I know about the enc vs bard but i really love the bard utility kit. and unless there is overwhelming reasons id love to keep them. However! any input is welcome just don't want to get to far in then constant swapping toons lol!..

My goal is to do any type of group content. Also to have a good set of toons to select from to attend raids (non boxing)

I would say put the BST in and give it a whirl. Bst will bring steady if avg dps (until burns then wow), hands buff for pets, fero, mana regen, more pets for mages shock line. Wiz currently arnt bad in group content, but they provide a small ADPS tool kit, and the bst might provided less single DPS, but a overall boost.

cast my vote for the beast lord. As mentioned there is the aDPS angle, and also it would be another pet class which provides good synergy with the mage spell that is enhanced by more pets. In addition to the bard singing mana regen, the beast can also help with mana regen.

If you like wizzes, keep the wizard, but if you have the wizard in the group for ports, don’t worry. The modern era EQ makes traveling a breeze, even for a full melee group. Drunkard’s Stein and Fellowship clickies, just to name two, also help with evac.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Whether or not to use a Bard or Enchanter really comes down to personal preference. Your group, identified above, is a caster group. In my caster groups, I always have an enchanter and run Twincast and the Mana aura line. You can still get the dual invisibility with an enchanter/wiz or mage/necromancer similar to what the bard can bring. Personally, I think the Enchanter is better at crowd control compared to the bard and is better for caster groups since their Tash lines has an addition debuff that permits spells to hit for additional damage as well as other tools.

For my melee groups, War/Cleric/Brd, Bst/Rog x2, is where the Bard really shines. Currently, I enjoy my melee group a little more than my caster group. It feels weird to run around without Selo's...

If you drop the Wiz for the Bst, you are dropping a "taker" and adding a "giver". Rogues, Zerkers, Warriors, Necros etc are "takers" and do not really add much (if anything) to groups. Whereas "givers" like a Shaman, Bst, Cleric, Bard, etc give out benefits to heal/buff the group. As mentioned from other comments, the Bst will provide aDPS and mana regen which will help the group. There is the one issue of both the Shaman and Bst having similar buffs and debuffs so there is some duplication of effort. For my groups, I try to ensure that I have an equal amount of givers and takers; or at least more givers than takers.

Whatever you choose, you have a pretty solid group.

I'm prejudiced toward Bards personally however that being said I've found that Bards are some of the best aDPS for Wizards. Switching the BST in for the wiz would be what I would do if I was changing anything in your group though

I'm prejudiced toward Bards personally however that being said I've found that Bards are some of the best aDPS for Wizards. Switching the BST in for the wiz would be what I would do if I was changing anything in your group though
I second this and also you will miss out on ports. But pick your flavor of group that is fun to play

your topic had me excited thinking is this person gonna 6 box wizzies? or bsts? honestly (and it sucks) the endgame has no room for wizzies or monks anymore imo ... they underperform or needs a lot of support to make a decent parse. i do hope they get some help from dpg sooner than later

so id go bst over wizz any day

You run the exact same group comp I do and I love it. Other than my pally, all of my other chars are silver and in non-prestige gear and I have 0 issues clearing any group content in the game. I would only consider switching to a Bst if you plan to keep it active as melee classes do much better with prestige gear and augs.

your topic had me excited thinking is this person gonna 6 box wizzies? or bsts? honestly (and it sucks) the endgame has no room for wizzies or monks anymore imo ... they underperform or needs a lot of support to make a decent parse. i do hope they get some help from dpg sooner than later

so id go bst over wizz any day
I agree. When i made my raid, i skipped out on wizards and monks for this reason. Maybe one day i will add 1 wizard because of DPS ive seen some badass ones. But these are full raid gear however

i would suggest a bst for the win , mana ,buffs, pet tanks, dps , synergy,,,,, i use one an he does allot for the group,

Request - 6 box Wiz vs Bst / Bard vs Enc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back