• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 Box Comp Repair (1 Viewer)

fanga

RedCents
219¢
So despite reading all the threads and community advice regarding running SHM as a primary healer, I decided to build my 1-120 leveling group as SK/SHM/BRD/BER/BER/MAG. Things went well until about level 50 and PoP zones. I was getting absolutely stomped, like total group wipes on blues in PoNightmares at level 58 stomped. Then for a tough pull I dropped the mage out of the group to bring in the cleric merc I kept for rezzing. Lo and behold the group became totally unkillable with the merc. I was doing pulls of 4-5 at once with a 2 hander on the tank.

So I’m going to be running a healer merc until the SHM is capable of being a main healer.

Current DPS parse is: 25% SK, 25% Mage, 20% BER1, 20% BER2, 9% BRD, 1% SHM.

Question 1: At what level/AA are Shamans able to hold water as a group healer?

Question 2: I’m planning to drop one member for the merc until the Shaman gets gud, then PL them back to parity with the other 5. Should I drop the SHM or one of the DPS?

1. 101+ is when they have a toolkit designed around being a solo healer - they just don't before that
2. drop a dps probably if the whole point was to get shm level'd up

If you are playing on a live server, you may invite them all to a fellowship with sharing xp on and alternately put one of the 2 ber out of group with his own healer merc. With sharing XP on, the ber should not fall behind and the allover dps will stay close to the dps when all grouped (-dps-boost from shaman and bard for the 1 ber)
Ontop you may use the enhancing campfire to boost dps for all.

On my 1st return, I actually chose CLR and SHM and 2 healed it until 105ish. Then I swapped out the cleric, solo healed with SHM, and changed all sorts of dps classes around. I started with SHD,CLR,SHM,BRD,MNK,MAG. I finished to 115 as SHD,SHM,BRD,BST,BER,ROG. Midway through ToL leveling, I stopped on SHM as I was struggling because I didn't go and spend time on rez stick. I swapped CLR in and then it went super smooth. I did go back and level up the rest, SHM, MNK, MAG, ENC. I had solid gear on all toons, but got worked in the 117-118 range. The BRD would die, or not mez, or whatever.

Fellowship all, shared exp on all, use the merc in his spot, PL him when you hit your goal where the SHM will work better.

1. 101+ is when they have a toolkit designed around being a solo healer - they just don't before that
2. drop a dps probably if the whole point was to get shm level'd up
oof that’s a lot of levels to carry, suppose I should rewrite the Shaman’s KA file to try to make him a halfway decent nuker then.

If you are playing on a live server, you may invite them all to a fellowship with sharing xp on and alternately put one of the 2 ber out of group with his own healer merc. With sharing XP on, the ber should not fall behind and the allover dps will stay close to the dps when all grouped (-dps-boost from shaman and bard for the 1 ber)
Ontop you may use the enhancing campfire to boost dps for all.
How does this work? I thought the ungrouped fellowship members couldn’t be in the same zone and still earn vitality or are tge patch notes from 7 years ago explaining fellowships now out of date?

I am not 100% sure I but while still leveling my own team, on the ocassion a guildmember where looking for a spot in a group, I set one of my team out of group to let him join, I had the impression that the one outside of my team was getting fellowship-xp standing close by to support.

Last edited:
How does this work? I thought the ungrouped fellowship members couldn’t be in the same zone and still earn vitality or are tge patch notes from 7 years ago explaining fellowships now out of date?
it is only that they can't be in the same group, has nothing to do with zone or prox

Question - 6 Box Comp Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back