• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - 24th Anniversary Augs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
24,873¢
Didn't see a discussion on these - the 24th mission drops one of apparently several Type 18/19 augs.

All have mediocre ac/hp/heroics (ac30 hp270 +7 heroics +6ha/sa.

But each has a perk:
Acolyte's Casting Magic of the SelenelionProcs Hammer of Magic II on spell casts (6k nuke)
Acolyte's Assaulting Magic of the SelenelionProcs Hammer of Magic II on combat
Acolyte's Defending Magic of the SelenelionProcs Hammer of Magic II on successful use of basic defensive abilities
Acolyte's Warding Magic of the SelenelionReduces incoming magic damage by 6%
Acolyte's Protecting Magic of the Selenelion6% chance to resist magic spells
Acolyte's Soothing of the SelenelionIncreases incoming healing by 3%
Acolyte's Ventral Defense of the SelenelionReduces incoming frontal damage by 0.8%
Acolyte's Defense of the SelenelionIncreases your AC softcap by 6%
Acolyte's Enhancement of the Selenelionac30 hp/end 750 +30 heroics +63 ha/sa
Acolyte's Attacker of the SelenelionIncreases your Accuracy by 6%

Days past I used to know the formulas of DB/DI, AC, etc... but I recon an AC softcap boost or mitigation of incoming damage is a right handy boost.

EDIT: Added Acolyte's Attacker of the Selenelion

Last edited:
The AC softcap augs stack. You can now have:
7% (Raid TBL) + 6% (Group TOV) + 8% (Raid TOV) + 6% (24th Anny).

The Ventral/Dorsal augs do not stack within their categories - but do stack with eachother. The best ventral is 1.1%, so the new anny one is a little useless at 0.8%.

The soothing lines do not stack. Same as above. Anny is inferior.

Attacker line (Accuracy) -DO- stack:
7.14% (Raid TBL) + 6% (Group TOV) + 8.5% (Raid TOV) + 6% (24th Anny)

Defending, Warding, and protecting are embarrassingly bad.

The Ventral/Dorsal augs do not stack within their categories - but do stack with eachother. The best ventral is 1.1%, so the new anny one is a little useless at 0.8%.

Defending, Warding, and protecting are embarrassingly bad.
The AC soft caps do stack but you may as well not, the benefit is bordering on unparseable for 1 or 4 of them

Thank you, Kookies.

Every little baby step adds up. But for quite some time now, a non-raiding, top-tiered/geared character is solidly overpowered in any non-raid content.

I work to keep my main with the best gear/strategies, but don't have the time or passion any more to spend days parsing and breaking things down like I used to.
His success is no longer make/break due to gear. But kinda freeing 'cuz can now spend time working 1-group raid strategies rather than 6-days for that one drop for a tiny boost (I'm looking at you, Soulfury Embermeer and your shiny Jade of the Ether)

With that(off-topic, sorry) said, I love being up to date on information new things and greatly appreciate your data above (and Eltai's). Thank you.

Last edited:
I have been hording all the extras on my tank to try and figure out what ones would eventually be the best. I don't have access to the previous ones and only have the cloak. Trying to make sure i run the best 3.

Right now i have been using Ventral, Defending and Devotee's Stealth.

Discussion - 24th Anniversary Augs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back