• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - $100 duck mount (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
856¢

• Individual Donors
    • $5 = Title (the Generous)
    • $10 = 3 Overseer Agent Packs
    • $25 = Pair of Royal Antonican Weapon Ornament Packs
    • $50 = Blue Quarm Hat Ornament
    • $100 = Majestic Mallard Mount
    • All higher tiered individual incentives will include incentives from previous tiers.

So the quest is to squeeze money out of players so they can then take a tax deduction and advertise as their contribution...they're not even doing a match to what players contribute...might as well do a gofundme...lol

200.gif
Michael Douglas Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
Show Me The Money GIF

Last edited:
Well they do have some universal rewards for all players if they make certain tiers of donations overall .

Collective Donations (benefits all players) of exp or extra plat or faster rare spawns and and more loot

So the quest is to squeeze money out of players so they can then take a tax deduction and advertise as their contribution...they're not even doing a match to what players contribute...might as well do a gofundme...lol

200.gif
The Office Lie GIF

Your donation is tax-deductible and will help change kids' health to change the future. Simply click on the "Donate" button at the top of the page to help.

They are optional donations. Extra Life is a pretty excellent charity and well in line with what DPG does. They have put up 5k as a company each year. So while it may not be a match, they do contribute. I think them offering incentives is excellent and I hope it drums up extra interest. The people who benefit have long futures to look forward to, since all of these support children's hospitals. Hard to knock them for trying to support that. Sorry you feel like they're trying to squeeze you.

They are optional donations. Extra Life is a pretty excellent charity and well in line with what DPG does. They have put up 5k as a company each year. So while it may not be a match, they do contribute. I think them offering incentives is excellent and I hope it drums up extra interest. The people who benefit have long futures to look forward to, since all of these support children's hospitals. Hard to knock them for trying to support that. Sorry you feel like they're trying to squeeze you.
Bunch of BS if you ask me...the stuff they're peddling should be part of regular content release. Any reputable corporate actor would do a match of some sort...1:1...at a minimum 1:4 or 25% of contributors...even NPR gets that bare minimum match from local businesses...a game developer with deep pockets and multiple IP's can do better man...

200.gif
Show Me The Money GIF
This is completely false on so many levels.

1) They are donating $5,000 as mentioned earlier.
2) I don't think I've ever recalled DBGs aggressively advertising their charitable contributions.
3) Tax deductions don't work like that. For starters, you aren't giving the money to DBG, you are giving the money to the Extra Life Charity and joining DBG's team to show how much that team has given. That means you can collect a tax deduction for the donation assuming you itemize your deductions.
4) Even if you gave the money to DGB for the donation, they don't get to claim any additional benefit for it. The money given is considered a type of income and the money donated is the deduction. In other words, it all balances itself out. (Yes I simplified that part down a lot but the point is the same).

Donate or don't donate to the cause, it honestly doesn't matter to me but please stop spreading lies to influence others if you don't know what you are talking about.

This is completely false on so many levels.

1) They are donating $5,000 as mentioned earlier.
2) I don't think I've ever recalled DBGs aggressively advertising their charitable contributions.
3) Tax deductions don't work like that. For starters, you aren't giving the money to DBG, you are giving the money to the Extra Life Charity and joining DBG's team to show how much that team has given. That means you can collect a tax deduction for the donation assuming you itemize your deductions.
4) Even if you gave the money to DGB for the donation, they don't get to claim any additional benefit for it. The money given is considered a type of income and the money donated is the deduction. In other words, it all balances itself out. (Yes I simplified that part down a lot but the point is the same).

Donate or don't donate to the cause, it honestly doesn't matter to me but please stop spreading lies to influence others if you don't know what you are talking about.
You're right man...let me put up a webpage to advertise my brand, drop 5k i'll take as a tax write off, and sell you a bunch of digital assets that I "promise" is all going to a good cause...there's really no need for a middle man in the transaction if you want to donate to a cause i'm pretty sure you can donate directly to them...in whatever amount you feel is right for you

I don't want to argue much and have this thread locked or wind up in Fippy's but I do want to give some facts out that seem to be misunderstood about this charity drive.

1) Extra Life is a fundraising program created by the Children's Miracle Network (CMN). When you make a donation to this, 100% of the money is going to the CMN This isn't a middleman that takes a cut before passing it off to a different charity.
2) In donating to this, none of your money is going through DBG. You are not giving your money to DBG with the hope or promise that they will donate it to the charity. You are donating it directly to CMN. Again, there is no middleman here.
3) CMN is a highly rated charity that has helped a few of the people I work with. Last I looked, 88% or so of the money donated to CMN goes directly to the children's hospitals which is really solid for a charity of this size. Charity Navigator has more information if you are interested.
4) Like other methods of donating to CMN, if you choose to donate through the Extra Life fundraising campaign, you can choose to donate any amount you would like.
5) If you were planning on making a charitable donation to CMN and want some in-game cosmetic bonus items for your generosity, feel free to donate through the Extra Life link in DBG's post and join their team. If you would like to donate but despise DBG and would rather walk around with the feeling that you are sticking it to the man, the Charity Navigator link I posted has a link that you can click and donate.

locking this thread because unfortunately, some people don't understand "hey if you don't want to donate to sick kids then don't, but there's no need to keep spam posting the same low-effort troll drivel". It is pretty embarrassing. We're better than this.

Last year several of us participated, I'm hoping more from the community do again next year.

1666782027114.png

No expense spared for @ImGreg
1666782043945.png

Avaran
1666782087893.png

BWood
1666782102765.png

unfortunately our "team captaion" was accendo

1666782122459.png

1666782264371.png

There were many more RG folks who participated - i didn't keep a list, but perhaps should have

News - $100 duck mount
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back