• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Utility shiny / reward (EQ collection items / overseer collection dispensers) 2021-02-18

Server Type
Live
reward.mac
use overseer dispensers to fill in your missing collections.

shiny.mac
The idea behind this is that you have houses with collectibles (one per expansion should be enough). Now when you make a new character you run around and just grab one of each and click it. Well yes if you want to give up in frustration with all the clicking.

My saviour* my hero* is the following macro that does all of this for you.
* debatable

Future plans:
  1. On startup create a Collections.ini section if it does not exist
  2. On collecting a collectible set the Collections.ini section item as collected
  3. Inspect the collectible items with the same name to use the ID e.g Corpse Dust
  4. Dump the vault list to a file
Bugs
It sometimes ends without doing everything necessary (experiencing behavior when changing the owner). Still trying to work this out (look for Failed and rerun it)

Background
Was originally imagined as just sorting colleciton items (as if)
Then it grew: click it, change owners, check house content
Then found oh noes the achievement list is nowhere accurate spelling/duplicate names

Forum post where I though I could just take the output from the everquest achievement window and use that, spelling on items would match the collection name. I was so wrong. So had to add the shiny.ini and had to keep editing it as new mistakes were found. History tracking was needed. so moved it here.
Author
jande
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Latest updates

1. Sorting house

Added : /mac shiny grab XPAC Imagine you have a house with different xpac collections, this...
  2. spelling / gather command

spelling DB did a spellcheck run on CoV collection achievements command /mac shiny gather (this...
  3. mq2rewards

Was loading wrong rewards plugin

Latest reviews

Took me a nin to get the hang of it but so sic yo.
Saved my sanity on overseer collections
Amazing