• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQWire

A RedGuides exclusive plugin
MQ2EQWire lowers CPU and GPU usage for EverQuest when it's running in the background without affecting in-game performance. FPS limiters claim to do something similar, such as the one included in EverQuest's options -> display -> advanced as well as MQ2FPS, but they also reduce response and action times of clients running in the background. MQ2EQWire entirely stops EverQuest's draw call, meaning the graphics won't update when running in the background, but the game will respond as normal.

It can be used in conjunction with an FPS limiter for maximum CPU reduction, or on its own for maximum performance with a slight effect on CPU reduction.

Installation:
Download the zip file and extract it to your /Release folder.
Once in-game, type /plugin mq2eqwire
You will need to re-download it after every patch.

Commands:

/plugin mq2eqwire

Load MQ2EQWire

/plugin mq2eqwire unload

Unload MQ2EQWire

/wire help

Command List

/wire BGRenderRate #

Set the background render rate. E.g. /wire BGRenderRate 0

/wire statuson

Show "now in front" & "now in back" messages

/wire statusoff

Hide "now in front" & "now in back" messages

/wire debugon

Show debug messages

/wire debugoff

Hide debug messages

/wire on

View wireframes, looks neat

/wire off

Turn off wireframes

/wire drawchaton

A feature that turns on drawing chatboxes. Why do you need to see chatboxes on your alts anyway? Forward tells to your main, silly! This also has a performance hit, so it's not recommended.

/wire drawchatoff

Turns off drawing chatboxes

Price:
$10 for one year of updates, no auto-renew.

Try before you buy:
MQ2EQWire is included for free in Very Vanilla Test Server.
Server Type
Live, Emu, TLP, Test Server
Author
eqmule
Downloads
Type
Digital product
License duration
1 Years
Renewal price
10.00 USD
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from eqmule

Latest updates

1. EQWire 2.0 - Lean and HUDless

New commands, and no more HUD required!
  2. 20180929

Improved efficiency, will now save about 50% more CPU per instance over last version. Commands...

Latest reviews

Works exactly as advertised. Cut my CPU and GPU utilization a substantial amount. I'm using it with ISBoxer and I actually adjusted my FPS limits higher for both fore and background in that CPU strategy wizard. Then using this I've set my background to 2 fps so I can still get an idea what those characters are doing on my 2nd monitor. With 6 chars running before I'd be close to 100% CPU on my 6-core FX-6300. Now I'm running about 50% with all 6 instances running Kiss 11.008 and I'm actively pulling mobs. There is one thing to get used to, when running in the background all you see is the base picture without any text boxes. It's more like watching a movie in full screen mode.
I love this plugin
Great plugin for maxing out what your system can do. I had an older "all-in-one" computer that used built in graphics with no upgrade option. Even on minimum settings & stickfigures, the graphics restricted me to 2 characters loaded max. MQ2eqwire jumped it up to 6 toons running with no issues.
Simply Amazing, Thank you