• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Enter the May contest for a chance to win an original 1999 cloth map, krono and other loot
MQ2EQWire

Utility MQ2EQWire 2020-05-28

Server Type
Live, Emu, TLP, Test Server

2018 ESA Winner

A RedGuides exclusive plugin
MQ2EQWire lowers CPU and GPU usage for EverQuest when it's running in the background without affecting in-game performance. FPS limiters claim to do something similar, such as the one included in EverQuest's options -> display -> advanced as well as MQ2FPS, but they also reduce response and action times of clients running in the background. MQ2EQWire entirely stops EverQuest's draw call, meaning the graphics won't update when running in the background, but the game will respond as normal.

It can be used in conjunction with an FPS limiter for maximum CPU reduction, or on its own for maximum performance with a slight effect on CPU reduction.

Installation:
Download the zip file and extract it to your /Release folder.
Once in-game, type /plugin mq2eqwire
IMPORTANT: You will need to re-download it after every patch or you'll crash.

Commands:

/plugin mq2eqwire

Load MQ2EQWire

/plugin mq2eqwire unload

Unload MQ2EQWire

/wire help

Command List

/wire BGRenderRate #

Set the background render rate. E.g. /wire BGRenderRate 0

/wire statuson

Show "now in front" & "now in back" messages

/wire statusoff

Hide "now in front" & "now in back" messages

/wire debugon

Show debug messages

/wire debugoff

Hide debug messages

/wire on

View wireframes, looks neat

/wire off

Turn off wireframes

/wire drawchaton

A feature that turns on drawing chatboxes. Why do you need to see chatboxes on your alts anyway? Forward tells to your main, silly! This also has a performance hit, so it's not recommended.

/wire drawchatoff

Turns off drawing chatboxes

Price:
$10 for one year of updates, no auto renew.

Try before you buy:
MQ2EQWire is included for free in Very Vanilla Test Server.
Author
eqmule
First release
Last update
Rating
4.94 star(s) 18 ratings

More resources from eqmule

Latest updates

1. EQWire 2.0 - Lean and HUDless

New commands, and no more HUD required!
  2. 20180929

Improved efficiency, will now save about 50% more CPU per instance over last version. Commands...

Latest reviews

If you're boxing and don't use this, you're doing yourself a huge disservice. An incredible plugin, that gives huge performance gains with absolutely no set up or effort.
Had this for 15 minutes, and its unreal how much smother my game play is!!! Extremely easy to setup. Better than any other FPS limiter I've ever used.
I've tried everything over the years to have 8-12 windows open on my old, crappy laptop. This is truly - truly - TRULY - a game changer!
I was a little skeptical buying this since I have a pretty strong PC to begin with but I figured less stress on my CPU is always a good thing. Just by simply loading the plugin the drop in resources was insane! Highly recommended plugin.
My hardware is sufficent to run 4 accounts smooth, adding the 5th account, all 5 boxes start to lag. Now, using MQ2EQWire I can run the full group of 6 accounts without any sign of lag. Does nicely what I hoped. Gread Plugin.
I downloaded this when my 12 box crew started lagging. I use Isboxer's "click though FX windows" which require the background to run at 30fps which I was able to do with this program (very versatile) and it really helped cut my CPU usage. If you are not needing your background windows to run at 30fps you would get even more benefit from this program. I could no longer 12 box without this program unless I bought a new computer.
Hella 5Star Review - I recommend this plugin to everyone
Work as advertised, no loss in performance. Probably will make your money back in a week from electric bill savings.
Amazing, definitely worth the buy
Totally delivers... taking one star off because ... EQMule doesn't need it. :)