• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Work in Progress Don't Make Me Say It! 2022-02-10

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Other Authors
Kaen, Aquietone
Software Requirements
DanNet or EQBS, though you could edit the broadcast string to an empty string to not broadcast anything at all.
Server Type
🏢 Live
It's Gribble's fault.

DMMSI_0.png

Well, actually trying to get Blood Drinker's for my Warrior, Paladin and Shadow Knights from the Dead Hills missions caused me to write this. Looking at the quest text prompts to start the instances / get the quests should tell you why.

This gives you a movable button that you can click to broadcast a phrase to your group to say to any targeted NPC, after a randomized delay.

DMMSI_2.png

To set what your group will say, target an NPC, right click the button and either chose some of the presets, select the last few quest prompt trigger phrases from the NPC from the listbox, or manually edit the line that your group says and click out of the right click popup.
(stolen shamelessly from Kaen's fantastic HunterHUD ).

DMMSI_1.png

/Hail, Ready, Leave are builtins that change the value of the Say box for you (how many quests end with you Hailing an NPC, or have /hail as a step?)
Repeat last used should revert to your previously broadcast value.

The Listbox gets all say events and if they have [quest text goes here] in the text, puts that value in the brackets at the top of the stack... or tries to. KNOWN BEHAVIOR BUG is that it doesn't always get things in the right order with the code that prevents 6 copies of the same quest prompt text from populating the listbox with everyone in your group saying [Adventure] at the same time. Fix suggestions welcome. Please. :)

Broadcast you would want to alter if you don't use DanNet.
Target is self explanatory, but you might have to change that for personal reasons (or maybe there's a better way?).
As you change the Min and Max Random values, it updates the Randomizer.
Randomizer does some math stuff from the Discord to make things seem more... human like instead of everyone saying ready ala /dgga /say ready
Say is the final output command.

Stop Don't Make Me Say It closes the program, as does clicking the X in the titlebar (which may just go away in a future release but is there now to make moving the button easier).

Also, feel free to look at the code and point and laugh - constructive critism welcome. Just ignore the bottom part of the file commented out, it'll be removed
Author
Diebold666
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Diebold666

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. Debug printing left in

debug printing to MQ window was left in by mistake from release version. Derp.

Latest reviews

Works Good so far. Tyvm, for putting the time to create. Very easy to use.
Back