• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Taskmaster nerfed (1 Viewer)

thez

RedCents
210¢
*** Tasks ***

- Added a timer to normal tasks. You can now only complete a task once every 15 minutes. As with shared tasks, the time counts from when you initially get the task, so if it took you longer than 15 minutes to complete the task, you can immediately get another one.

The end of an era.

Not exactly ... it is better than it was in the past ... used to be 30min, before they removed the lockout timer.

This can still be Afk'd. I know Im not going to stop. As long as they left the XP alone. Granted it'll take 2 hours for one AA .....

you will look like busy with the run version and bored with the warp version , every body s choice
but my opinion, taskmaster is still good way to get easy xp without harm

grinded out 400 aa so im not complaining. this still doable afk so ill still use it. will only net like 5 now instead of 12 or something lol.

I have 2 suspended accounts at the moment that I'm attributing to a modified Warp version of the Advtask.

I wasn't getting the AdvTask2 ro work properly and without MQ2Task I didn't want to chance doing it AFK so I just manually selected my tasks, ran the task legit once to set waypoints then made a normal EQ hotkey to /zone to get to the location I needed to go to. I did that for about an hour Saturday night and again for a an hour or so Sunday night. Always attended. Always doing a GM check before each task.

Sunday afternoon Account 1 was suspended. I assumed it was from the LSMM I had been running earlier and waited for the other 3 accounts to be hit as well. But as of Monday afternoon the only other acct to get hit was the other acct that I ran the tasks on. So I'm guessing that all the zoning, even without any warping, sent up a million red flags

I was doing them non stop yesterday coming up with new missions to add. Would do them till they started spamming then pick a new one from the list to make a new portion of the macro. Swamp of no hope now has 12 total tasks defined. But if there is gonna bea lockout thats gay. Oh well. And how does anyone know about a lockout, I didnt read anything in the eqnews text file. Are people in game allready?

Learningcurve said:
And how does anyone know about a lockout, I didnt read anything in the eqnews text file. Are people in game allready?
It's in the patch notes. Theres 2 copies of it posted here somewhere

As Alatyami stated, even a 15 min timer is better than what it used to be. The lockout timer was formerly 30 min. way back when I first stated the benefits of doing these for easy xp. When DoD came out, the lock out timers where removed when they implemented the monster missions. I like everyone else assumed it was a bug or overlooked and the timer would be put back in. Lucky for us though, at least for this amount of time, it was not. 15 min. sucks ya, but still better than the former 30 min.

Also, this should take a lot of attention off of it (since there won't be as many people doing it and they probably added the timers so they could take GMs off this to concentrate on Ro related stuff), even if the exp is worse it might end up being a lot safer. it's a pretty fair trade off imo.

Inefficient now, especially with MQ2Task being confined to the timer as well. 1 AA Every 2 Hours is awful exp, can afk macro better exp prolly with a warr soloing in the hole :) Oh well

Mochila said:
Inefficient now, especially with MQ2Task being confined to the timer as well. 1 AA Every 2 Hours is awful exp, can afk macro better exp prolly with a warr soloing in the hole :) Oh well
Zactly. And not run the risk of being tagged for Warping and /zoning.

Taskmaster nerfed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back