• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

AFK Taskmaster (cont.) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alatyami

NotAddicted.com Engineer (Retired)
RedCents
794¢
WARNING: GM's are watching this very close on various servers. Be careful where you use this.

UPDATED: February 19b, 2006 More tasks in Gunthak.inc w/ updated ini.

Note: I will be adding West Karana tasks once I convert them to the new format. Currently, we have 65 tasks and many more in the West Karana include. Also, I have included in the AdvTaskWarp a new MQ2Rwarp.ini, either add the zone entries or overwrite your old one.

The AFK Taskmaster series continues on into the new year. One of the longest ongoing macros, as it was started in Aug 2005 and still continues strong. The only thing that Sony has nerfed so far is that they removed the lock out timer, but that was in our favor!

A word of caution though, because this mac has been around for awhile, it has been under the GM Radar a couple of times, I think is only when the GM's get bored.

The AFKTaskmaster currently has three versions, Caster, Runner, and Warp. The Caster and Runner versions do not require any special plugins and can be ran using a vanila compile of MQ2. The Warp version, as you can probably guess, uses MQ2Warp and MQ2Zone (sometimes called MQ2RWarp and MQ2Piggyzone). Everything you need is in the ZIP file. To use the macros extract the ZIP contents into your /Macros folder. Each version of the macro is separated into a different .mac file and the run commands are listed with each one. All versions of the macro use the same AdvTask.ini, thus if you only want to run the Giant Expedition (lvl 62-66) change the value to 1. If you do not want to run a task then give it a value of 0.

The AdvTaskWarp is setup to utilize any of the tasks listed in the INI, however, the Caster and Runner version are designed for level 61 - 66 Tasks, namely Giant Expedition, Mystic Ring, Lookout Below, and Scary Caves. The tasks listed in the INI file should range from 20 - 66.

Now for the good stuff ... the macros ...

AdvTaskWarp2.mac said:
Mod Notes [02/19/2006]: Alatyami
* Made the targeting more specific, /target id ${TaskGiver} (Zepher)

Updated AdvTask.ini
Rich (BB code):
[The Dreadlands]
Big Holes Everywhere=1
Don't Drink That...=1
Drachnid Breeding Grounds=1
Dreaded Giants=1
Giant Expedition=1
Hey, Watch Out Over There=1
High and Low=1
It's Murky in There=1
Jailing the Dead=1
Jaws of Death=1
Lands of Dread=1
Learning About Hornets=1
Looking Over the Edge=1
Lookout Below=1
Mind the Bees=1
Mountaineering=1
Mouth of the Dragon=1
Mystic Ring=1
Poor Old Tree=1
One Dead Tree=1
Ruins Everywhere=1
Scary Caves=1
Serenity Near the Lake=1
Statue Garden=1
Stirring Things Up=1
Through the Rubble=1
To the Castle!=1
Upward Mobility=1
What Place is This?=1

[The Overthere]
Badgering the Goblins=1
Checking in on Cabilis=1
Danger, Here be Goblins=1
Dangers of the Deep=1
Dig in=1
Drachnid Breeding Grounds=1
Drop into the Temple=1
Earth and Sky=1
Falling into Goblin Territory=1
Following the Bandits Home=1
Fortifying the woods=1
From the Mountains to the Sea=1
High and Low=1
Holding the Fort=1
It's Dinner Time=1
Jaunt Along the Broken Stone=1
Kunark Landing=1
Mining Kunark=1
Remains of an empire=1
Spires and Ruins=1
Through the Rubble=1
Trailblazing=1
What's Left of the Tower=1
Where? Overthere!=1

[The Swamp of No Hope]
Delving the Mines=1
Everything in Ruins=1
Lizard Tour=1
March for Drolvarg Literacy=1
On the Watch for Drolvarg=1
Pillars of Civilization?=1
Stone-Faced Lizards=1

[The Gulf of Gunthak]
It's a Tradition=1
Leaving Home=1
Stormwave Ho!=1
Time for Bed=1
Where Underground?=1

Last edited:
Does anyone have the lower level tasks for this, like level 45-52? I have another account that I want to leave at 52, for naggy fun, but would like to task him to get AA's now :p I am thinking doing naggy with 100aa's would be a blast...

i would suggest adding a player check to this macro.

i saw 2 toons on drinal ... using a warp version ...

may not be this macro .. but same thing..

of course they had no player check ... or anything.. and just went about saying samephrase over and over.. till they got a task .. then they warped out...

5 min later they were back again...

just a thought from me

ARMY

I want to gain AAs while being AFK. I've heard there should be a macro for that so I thought I'd ask. After that I got directed to this post - now im here.

I've downloaded the package -> checked out the files with winzip -> copied the notepad files into my macro folder -> opened the notepad and did SAVE AS and inserted .mac after each macro -> i click on macroquest icon -> log on everquest -> go on my character -> write /mac advtaskrunner.

It said something about the Flow and the Subroutine. Is it advtaskrunner, advtaskwarp, advtaskcaster, advtaskpath or any other macro which is the AA gaining (while afk) thing? What shall i do?

Thanks

sgresham said:
I want to gain AAs while being AFK. I've heard there should be a macro for that so I thought I'd ask. After that I got directed to this post - now im here.

I've downloaded the package -> checked out the files with winzip -> copied the notepad files into my macro folder -> opened the notepad and did SAVE AS and inserted .mac after each macro -> i click on macroquest icon -> log on everquest -> go on my character -> write /mac advtaskrunner.

It said something about the Flow and the Subroutine. Is it advtaskrunner, advtaskwarp, advtaskcaster, advtaskpath or any other macro which is the AA gaining (while afk) thing? What shall i do?

Thanks

Make sure you read the top portion of the MAC while in notepad or whatever you use. It normally tells you what other plugins you need to run that particular macro. Often the person writing the Macro will go one step further and tell you in the origional post what your going to need to run it Army is great for doing that in his tradskill macs.

These additional plugins will be in your main mq2 directory and they need to be activated while inside EQ.

So can I go afk some random zone and gain AAs automatical? I dont know much about this....

which macro shall i use? warp? taskrunner? taskcaster? thanks

sgresham said:
So can I go afk some random zone and gain AAs automatical? I dont know much about this....

which macro shall i use? warp? taskrunner? taskcaster? thanks

This macro runs out of Dreadlands which is a very high visibility, I have not run it AFK since I had 2 toons watching me for a day recently. I was not even AFK. You will get popped more often by players who do not like MQ2 then by a GM who is randomly looking for ya.

What you need to do is go to a site and look up the missions as a whole before trying to run the macro on them. If you don't understand what your doing in the game before running the mac your going to have a hard time defending what your doing if challenged.

The first time a GM asks you and you don't have a decent answer ... your banned ... simple as that so make sure you know the game before you automate it...

I tried to run this today, with advtaskwarp, and it wouldnt accept any of the tasks. Is there somethign else i need to do? which ones will advtaskwarp run? the task options listed in the ini came up, but none were accepted. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

HELP PLZ

What need to be updated in macro on my PC to make it run ?
I added short tasks to the listed ones, but i can t run the macro
/cry

there s something to update/upgrade in macro but i don t understand what...yet

thks

Flaboop said:
I tried to run this today, with advtaskwarp, and it wouldnt accept any of the tasks. Is there somethign else i need to do? which ones will advtaskwarp run? the task options listed in the ini came up, but none were accepted. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

When you look at the ones coming up in the .ini is there a 1 or a 0 at the end of the line if there is a 0 then the mac is told to ignore that task and go on.

Even the ones that were marked 1 in the ini were passed over. the ini check said it was 0. they all came up 0. dunno why

Either

DO a FIND / REPLACE of all the MACROS
Replacing all AutoTask with AdvTask

OR Rename your AdvTask.ini to AutoTask.ini

The AdvTaskWarp is setup to utilize any of the tasks listed in the INI, however, the Caster and Runner version are designed for level 61 - 66 Tasks, namely Giant Expedition, Mystic Ring, Lookout Below, and Scary Caves.

lv 61 cleric is using theses three missions

Lands of Dread=1
To the Castle!=1
Dreaded Giants=1

have not gotten the 3 good ones you all are using /cries

SOOO for all those about to post .. BUT ALTA what about me i am lvl 55-61 and need a task ...

the WARP verson has those 3 tasks for you to use...

ADDITIONALLY .. until alta makes the change... if your macro is not getting any task ....

armysoldier said:
Either

DO a FIND / REPLACE of all the MACROS

Army

The first time a GM asks you and you don't have a decent answer ... your banned ... simple as that so make sure you know the game before you automate it...

How can I avoid this? Can you give me some links on the quest etc and some answers

READ young padiwan

UPDATED: January 11, 2006

The AFK Taskmaster series continues on into the new year. One of the longest ongoing macros, as it was started in Aug 2005 and still continues strong. The only thing that Sony has nerfed so far is that they removed the lock out timer, but that was in our favor!

A word of caution though, because this mac has been around for awhile, it has been under the GM Radar a couple of times, I think is only when the GM's get bored.

The AFKTaskmaster currently has three versions, Caster, Runner, and Warp. The Caster and Runner versions do not require any special plugins and can be ran using a vanila compile of MQ2. The Warp version, as you can probably guess, uses MQ2Warp and MQ2Zone (sometimes called MQ2RWarp and MQ2Piggyzone). Everything you need is in the ZIP file. To use the macros extract the ZIP contents into your /Macros folder. Each version of the macro is separated into a different .mac file and the run commands are listed with each one. All versions of the macro use the same AdvTask.ini, thus if you only want to run the Giant Expedition (lvl 61-66) change the value to 1. If you do not want to run a task then give it a value of 0.

The AdvTaskWarp is setup to utilize any of the tasks listed in the INI, however, the Caster and Runner version are designed for level 61 - 66 Tasks, namely Giant Expedition, Mystic Ring, Lookout Below, and Scary Caves.

Now for the good stuff ... the macros ... below are the raw macro files these are included in the ZIP but are listed for your preview.

Alatyami said:
UPDATED: January 11, 2006

Now for the good stuff ... the macros ... below are the raw macro files these are included in the ZIP but are listed for your preview.

what do you mean by RAW FILES plz?

He means the files, but already saved into the macro forum so you can extract them straight to it I would assume.

armysoldier said:
Either

i have advtaskwarp.mac and advtskwarp.ini
i still can not run the macro
what the hell i m not doing properly ?
plz help
i just modified in the.mac the task for my 59 bard

whatever version of taskmaster you running.... your going to have to look in the maco

so a search for INI... in ATL's code it says Autotsk.ini

what does yours say ...

whatever it is .. is what your INI should be renamed to.

advtskwarp.ini to Autotsk.ini

KOKKOR said:

raw files means they posted the code for you to see .. you can copy and paste into notepad.

Alot of times you will not get a ZIP file with everything already done for you

ready to unzip and use

armysoldier said:
whatever version of taskmaster you running.... your going to have to look in the maco

what does yours say ...

Thks army i will check that again because i should have changed in the macro the ini file
i changed in the macro autotask to advtask.ini i will check if changes are up
IF NOT i ll get mad :rolleyes:

just a silly question but is there any other info or word i have to change in the macro before run it ?

Thks in advance

The INI for all three versions is AdvTask.ini and is included in the zip. If not then it should be.

The four big ones are for 61-66, the rest of the ones in the Warp version are for 56 - 60ish. Its been way to long since I have completed any those.

hey Army, which updates were you talking about?

KOKKOR said:

Raw files meaning just the .mac's are listed. However, in the ZIP you have includes, path files, and everything else needed to run the mac's.

armysoldier said:

what does yours say ...

Wow Army, you're running an older version from when it was call AutoTaskmaster. I had a few versions floating around, and decided it would be easier to make it all the same, the included ZIP is everything joined together.

If any one is new to the AdvTask mac's use the latest version.

Alatyami said:
Wow Army, you're running an older version from when it was call AutoTaskmaster. I had a few versions floating around, and decided it would be easier to make it all the same, the included ZIP is everything joined together.

If any one is new to the AdvTask mac's use the latest version.

alt look at the code posted... where it checks the .ini file

I am using newest out there

in your macs it looks at aouttask.ini ... not advtask.ini

i did quick change and all is well

i will redownload the zip.... but i only just DL it after you put this new post up

but your posted macs still show autotask.ini in them ... take a peek

just double checked.. so does the advtaskearp.mac in your zip

the macs are looking for autotask.ini when they do their task checks

from advtaskwarp

/varset TaskSetting ${Ini[AutoTask.ini,${Zone},

i am not on crack

8-)

KOKKOR said:
Here is the advtaskwarp.mac i try to use WITHOUT SUCCESS YET :p

what s wrong with ot plz.....

Kokkor what exactly is not working?

the mac has the same name for the ini your using....

does it just sit and not get a task?

saying INI Check = 0?

or what

armysoldier said:
Kokkor what exactly is not working?

the mac has the same name for the ini your using....

does it just sit and not get a task?

saying INI Check = 0?

or what

I can hail mara then her task window opens and i can not get any task whatever it is

Says in red letters DoCommand - Could not parse
${Ini[AutoTask.ini,${Zone},${Window[TaskSelectWnd].Child[TaskList].List[1]},${notFound}]}

for the Ini = DoCommand-couldn't parse and something else i forgot to write down

i modified the macro yes but i just added tasks and their locs
any idea?
if some have time to spare ( or lose :) ) try my files yoiu should get the error message and mac should not run
thks all

KOKKOR said:
Here is the advtaskwarp.mac i try to use WITHOUT SUCCESS YET :p

what s wrong with ot plz.....

thats from Nov 28, 2005 .... it did have the wrong task INI listed in line 42.

armysoldier said:
just double checked.. so does the advtaskearp.mac in your zip

the macs are looking for autotask.ini when they do their task checks

from advtaskwarp

/varset TaskSetting ${Ini[AutoTask.ini,${Zone},

i am not on crack

8-)

Ah I see ... crap ... good eyes. Fixing now .....

AFK Taskmaster (cont.)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back