• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

HELP (1 Viewer)

snowshovel

RedCents
78¢
I've used before but have been gone for a year or so, no matter what permissions i select i get the following error

WTF.png

Ideas:

A) Right click on the file. Click "Run as Administrator"
B) Turn off antivirus
C) Make sure you have enough HDD space
D)
Navigate to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local.
Right click on the Temp folder. Choose Properties.

Click the Security tab and click Advanced.

On the Permissions tab you should see permissions that are there. 3 permissions below you will see: SYSTEM‘ with Full control which applies to ‘This folder, subfolders and files’Administrators‘ with Full control which applies to ‘This folder, subfolders and files’ ‘YourUsername‘ with Full control which applies to ‘This folder, subfolders and files’ These all 3 permissions should be inherited from the C:\Users\[Username]\ folder. If you don’t have the ‘Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent’ option ticked, click on Change Permissions….

Tick the box next to ‘Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent’. Then click Apply and OK buttons. Click Continue if there are any problems, then remove the permissions that aren’t inherited.

After you follow steps above, you should have the permissions to write to the directory and you won’t get those error messages any more.

E) Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and if you see a task name something like Consent Manager UI, highlight it and click End Task.

You type %appdata% instead of the path he told you. That should get you to the right spot even if you installed Windows elsewhere or didn't put your username right in the address.

HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back