• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Beast Lord vs Berzerker? (1 Viewer)

runcade

RedCents
45¢
I run a SK/Cle/Enc/Wiz/Mag/Bst group right now. Solid dps, utility, mobility, and I never run out of mana. However, I got wrecked in a TBM mission that requires a strong melee dps burn. I have always enjoyed the fire and forget pets but I am starting to wonder if replacing the beast with a zerker would get more sustained and burst dps?

If you're concerned about having a strong melee DPS ability, why would you remove your only other melee DPS class? IMO, I'd really keep the beast and swap the Mage out for a zerker when you need higher melee output. Or even swap the zerker in for the enchanter if you don't think you'll need CC.

The mage is my most important char as I group CotH 100 times a day. For that one mission I could swap out the enchanter but in my day to day play I often pull 3-4 and need him. I guess I am just curious if a zerker is 50% more dps than a beast or double the dps or similar.

Well, the insane zerker DPS you're reading about is tied directly to their Dicho ability, which means you get to use it once every 60 seconds. If you're burning a single mob or need to get one dead quickly so you can relax and take on another, then fine, but if you're looking for sustained burns a zerker isn't the end-all, be-all that it might appear. Now, they're f'n awesome (I love mine), but for a specific mission or something you'd have to manage when you burn the house down and when you're "just good."

Overall, I'd probably guess that a zerker is more dps over time than a beastlord (comparably geared). So, if you want to keep your group makeup and are just asking about zerker vs. beastlord, then zerker is better, but you lose some utility.

Thanks. I think I will stick with the beast and just skip that mission. There are lots of posts about it being broken and even though I tend to be a completionist I will skip it.

If i were u i wouldn't change out for a zerker atm b/c i feel a zerker dicho ability nerf comin in the near future, there are alot of complaints about it. but if ur willing to risk that chance on a near future nerf id swap out the enchanter or wiz just for that mission or any heavy melee mission u find in the future, i run a bard in my grp and with my war i dont even mez unless i got a named and 5+ other mobs in camp. and at that i only toss an aoe mezz when i rember.

Shammy is kind of a broken class now.
The Beastlord practically has the same buffs at 105 plus mana regen.

Shammys main DPS is dots. Most groups kill too fast for any real DPS from dots.
A cleric in group their heals are over kill and would never fully get utilized. They aren't strong enough healers to support a normal tank.

Keep the BST!

I currently run MNK, WAR, CLR, BRD. I'm thinking of adding a BST to my lineup just because I'd love the buffs, spot heals, and additional DPS.

Now that all said I'll probably add my Wizard to it, and a BST for a full group. Though seeing what Zerkers are doing i'd trade my Wiz for a Zerker if I wanted to level up one again. Though that will never happen since I'd die without ports and running 6 toons everywhere.

my standard is tank, cleric, mez, wiz, wiz, beast or wiz, wiz, zerker... but to be honest the beast groups kill faster and are more stable in group content.... I wanna love the zerker so badly, but the beast is a beast!

Shammy is kind of a broken class now.
The Beastlord practically has the same buffs at 105 plus mana regen.

Shammys main DPS is dots. Most groups kill too fast for any real DPS from dots.
A cleric in group their heals are over kill and would never fully get utilized. They aren't strong enough healers to support a normal tank.

My new group is

WAR
CLR
BRD
BST
BER
SHM

Wondering if I should ditch the shaman and add another BST/BER/ROG/RNG/MNK or something, not sure how much ADPS the shaman is going to add to WAR+BER+BST

When you say BST is covering a lot of the SHM @ 105 is that true in F2P Max AA TDS accounts or does that mean TDM or EOK accounts?

My concern would be without SHM no haste and wont hit haste cap with just BRD?

My concern would be without SHM no haste and wont hit haste cap with just BRD?

Beastlords get a haste spell/AA.

My main group at the moment is:

SK
CLR
BST
RNG
WIZ
MAG

With an enchanter out of group for mezzing/haste/KEI. I usually drop the RNG whenever I want to insert a class to PL/AA. For example, right now the RNG is grouped with the ENC doing out of group DPS while I finish maxing AA's on my newish WAR. Once the WAR is finished his bullshit TS AA's I'll swap him out with the BER and max him, as well (he's close, just a few more general AA's).

for PLing, I do a 9 man setup and it murders! group 1 = tank, cleric. mezer... group 2 = wiz, wiz, wiz, wiz, cleric (or shammy or druid, any healer) and a toon to be PLed..... the kills are SO fast! the mobs last less then 10 seconds every fight!

Beastlords get a haste spell/AA.

My main group at the moment is:

SK
CLR
BST
RNG
WIZ
MAG

With an enchanter out of group for mezzing/haste/KEI. I usually drop the RNG whenever I want to insert a class to PL/AA. For example, right now the RNG is grouped with the ENC doing out of group DPS while I finish maxing AA's on my newish WAR. Once the WAR is finished his bullshit TS AA's I'll swap him out with the BER and max him, as well (he's close, just a few more general AA's).

So with BST haste + BRD you are hitting haste cap?
I have not even looked at a shaman post-PoP so not sure how much DPS+ one would give to my war+bst+ber group

So with BST haste + BRD you are hitting haste cap?
I have not even looked at a shaman post-PoP so not sure how much DPS+ one would give to my war+bst+ber group

I don't use a bard in that setup. Really, with any modern worn haste plus any 85+ lvl spell-based haste you're going to reach the cap. Overhaste you have to get from clickies (Ancient Memories, etc.) or bard aura/song. There's no way to get to the fully overhasted possibility without a bard. But do you really even need it? I submit that you do not, especially if you don't have a full melee group. The clickies will get you most of the way there anyway.

Question - Beast Lord vs Berzerker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back