• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Question regarding Classes to build around a Beastlord and Zerker box team (1 Viewer)

Lonestar93

RedCents
I have recently come back to Everquest and I recently started a Beastlord and Zerker as they were two classes that I had not really played before.

I was considering building a box team around the two and I wondered what the best options would be assuming that I would be four or five boxing and thus needing to make a few compromises.

I was considering running SK/Bard/Cleric, but wondered if perhaps Warrior/Bard/Druid or SK/Bard/Druid would be better to get ports in the team or whether I would be sacrificing too much high end healing potential by going druid over cleric (Hope was that although Cleric Mercs aren't fantastic, that I could pop a cleric merc to help the Druid if the extra healing was needed).

I wish I could run a sixth box, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra cost at this time.

Thanks!

I'm about to do a box team of:

WAR, CLR, BRD, BER, BST, RNG

You don't get the benefit of a dru/wiz for movement, but its easy enough to PL a wizard or druid to get part of your team in a spot, drop a campfire, and then port in everyone else.

So I think I'm about to bite the bullet and add a sixth box to the team, but probably keep them FTP.

Would make the most sense to add a Wizard for the extra DPS, a Mage for convenience of COTH and another backup tank or should I add a Druid for the extra healing (or am I missing another viable option). I had thought about doing a Ranger like Sum1 above is doing, but I was thinking that with a SK it wouldn't make as much sense as if I was using a Warrior instead.

Also, can I get away with the Cleric being Silver, or should the Cleric be gold as well?

Thanks!

I'd do SK, Bard, Cleric, Beast, Zerker, Wiz (ftp). Wizzies do just fine FTP (I have one and I love it). You also get ports/TLs with that setup, which I frankly don't know how I lived without it before. My wizzy is a relatively new addition to my toon collection.

Still a fan of holy trinity + porter + dps especially if you have just 1 group

1 Tank
2 CC
3 Heal
4 DPS (prefer porter)
5 DPS
6 DPS

If the common macro's out there did a better job at dealing with CC via offtanking rather than mez doubling up on tanks (even Pet tanks) and healers would make more sense but they just dont so CC+DPS is the best strat

I do like a druid as an option for #4, sure you lose 20%+ (made up #) of DPS vs a Wiz but you do gain more survivability, killing in 20s vs 15s is worth is for survivability IMO.

I'm personally about to add a 2nd Zerk to the group comprised of SK/Brd/Clr/Bst/Ber.....shit just melts....

I think you'll be good until DBG realizes zerker dicho is out of whack and nerfs it (similar to the nerf to bard dicho overpower). That's why I decided to PL another wizzy for my caster and move the ranger to the melee group. Plus rangers, as hybrids, get a lot of benefit from both the overhaste portion of bard aura AND the nuke mods afforded to it.

Stupid question but why does everyone go SK over Pally?

Aggro spells mostly IMO, also they have like a few % higher DPS as all their taps do dmg
Also the melee tap's at high level keep the SK up pretty well without needing heals

Most people also have a cleric so negates some of the need for HP buffs.

If I do not have a cleric in group I like a paladin. If I do I like a SHD

Pally instead of having taps for heals have heal procs that serve the same purpose. Between their aggro cast able spells and then healing procs I have never seen a difference between either. Used to run both for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pally instead of having taps for heals have heal procs that serve the same purpose. Between their aggro cast able spells and then healing procs I have never seen a difference between either. Used to run both for awhile.

I think SHD do more spell DPS than a PAL even thou both have similar melee-proc-augments
Spell itself has a proc chance, as do the AA's to increase DD damage, the quad taps and such

I like SHD because of AE aggro, snare, and FD.
I like PAL because of off-heals, rez, buffs.
The DPS delta and tanking delta is probably measurable better 1 way or the other but is negligible

I have not played a PAL past PoP really so not sure how well they compare now for AE aggro vs SHD or WAR

Yeah the DPS aspect I can't say much about but SK / PAL are really on par when it comes to aggro and AE aggro. Unless war got something new in EOK pal / SK still out AE aggro war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WAR
DRU
BER
BER
BARD
BST

Shammy and beastlord are almost redundant. I like the DPS of your group idea but would go for a druid. Better heals, damage shield and ports

If your shaman can heal everything alright, I'd take a shaman over a druid for a melee group and a druid in a caster group. Ports doesn't matter, like stated above just levelling a port wiz and using fellowship is easy enough.

I would probably go

WAR (hands down the best tank in the game, and tanking is his job)
BST
BER
BST (hell yeah, 2 beastlords can do ANYTHING together and they do some quite awesome DPS with Emerica's ini + shitloads of proc tank healing from pets etc plus you could actually use one for backup healing if needed)
BRD (I would normally always use a chanter over a bard myself, but in a pure melee group I can see the benefit of a bard)
CLR/SHM (only do shaman if you can main heal enough with it).

Question - Question regarding Classes to build around a Beastlord and Zerker box team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back