• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Very basic question around spell sets (1 Viewer)

Bingles

RedCents
42¢
Hi all

I'm new to this so apologies for the basic questions.

I'm attempting to run an 87 Pal/87 Dru/87 Enc/85 Wiz/95 Mage box team

I have copied the .ini's from the compiled list for level 85 heroic toons, and am trying to figure out how to set up their gem slots.

I assume that the total amount of spells that a character can utilise is 12 - i.e., KissAssist will not mem/unmem buffs/dps abilities etc as required?

That is to say, in the .ini, I can only have a total of 12 abilities that take up gem slots (i.e. buffs, heals, dps abilities, etc), and I need to ensure that these 12 abilities are mem'd before I run the macro?

Further, can you put an ability in any gem slot, or is it number specific (i.e. if I have an ability in the .ini at DPS1, does this mean it needs to be in gem slot 1?)

Thanks for your assistance

Hi all

I'm new to this so apologies for the basic questions.

I'm attempting to run an 87 Pal/87 Dru/87 Enc/85 Wiz/95 Mage box team

I have copied the .ini's from the compiled list for level 85 heroic toons, and am trying to figure out how to set up their gem slots.

I assume that the total amount of spells that a character can utilise is 12 - i.e., KissAssist will not mem/unmem buffs/dps abilities etc as required?

It will mem/un-mem buffs for certain. You can select which gem KA will use for that under the MiscGem=X option in the INI. I don't think you would want it to be trying to mem/un-mem combat abilities.

That is to say, in the .ini, I can only have a total of 12 abilities that take up gem slots (i.e. buffs, heals, dps abilities, etc), and I need to ensure that these 12 abilities are mem'd before I run the macro?

Yes

Further, can you put an ability in any gem slot, or is it number specific (i.e. if I have an ability in the .ini at DPS1, does this mean it needs to be in gem slot 1?)

Any slot will work.

It will mem/un-mem buffs for certain. You can select which gem KA will use for that under the MiscGem=X option in the INI. I don't think you would want it to be trying to mem/un-mem combat abilities.

Thanks - I was a little confused about the 12 gem slot limit when some peoples .ini's have like 8 or 9 buffs (only leaving a few spots spare for dps/heal etc). So I assume it will use the misc gem slot to mem/unmem and cycle through buffs?

Thanks - I was a little confused about the 12 gem slot limit when some peoples .ini's have like 8 or 9 buffs (only leaving a few spots spare for dps/heal etc). So I assume it will use the misc gem slot to mem/unmem and cycle through buffs?

Correct, it will also replace the spell that was originally in the Miscgem slot after it is done with it's buff cycle.

most times you mem your combat stuff and heals and let the buffs use the swap slot.... the only thing that changes that is a long cool down buff (5 min or so) that you would want to dedicate a slot to. We now SAVE spellsets in KISS so you can easily have kiss "memmyspells" and take that headache out!

Question - Very basic question around spell sets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back