• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Finishing a 6 box (1 Viewer)

RedCents
649¢
OK all, i have a 5 box team and want to finish it off with 1 more class.
I have a SK, Mage, Chant, Cleric, Necro. Just need the last spot. Any one have a
good argument for the last class? i was thinking of druid for ports, snare, DoTs, back up heals,
some buffs...what are your thoughts? any thoughts are welcome,

Also, does druid DS and mage DS stack?

thank you all

--update--

added a WIZ for #6

Last edited:
honestly, I'd do a wizzy. Ports and DPS!!!

Its all just a preference though. Some will tell you otherwise.

Maybe get a melee class so if you're farming some gear for all your toons the loot won't rot. Seems you have some silk and plate classes but no chain!

honestly, I'd do a wizzy. Ports and DPS!!!

Its all just a preference though. Some will tell you otherwise.

Maybe get a melee class so if you're farming some gear for all your toons the loot won't rot. Seems you have some silk and plate classes but no chain!

ya, was thinking wiz for nukes and ports
my cleric can heal great so not sure if i really need back up heals
probably go wiz, haha

I would go against my normal answer and say, Have you tried a Wizard?

You really do need to try a wiz one of these days Razkle you may like it

- - - Updated - - -

OK all, i have a 5 box team and want to finish it off with 1 more class.
I have a SK, Mage, Chant, Cleric, Necro. Just need the last spot. Any one have a
good argument for the last class? i was thinking of druid for ports, snare, DoTs, back up heals,
some buffs...what are your thoughts? any thoughts are welcome,

Also, does druid DS and mage DS stack?

thank you all

What level are all these now?

SK/CLR/ENC/WIZ is a classic because of how powerful it is, people tend to just add more DPS or utility typically a mage and everything else works well as the 6th (like your necro)

What I see when I read a post like this is... "My group has 5 toons, what it lacks is something with punch, something that can really do damage... oh and maybe even port my group around... any idea what I should add?"

You really do need to try a wiz one of these days Razkle you may like it

- - - Updated - - -

What level are all these now?

SK/CLR/ENC/WIZ is a classic because of how powerful it is, people tend to just add more DPS or utility typically a mage and everything else works well as the 6th (like your necro)

SK, Cleric, Mage, Chant = 105
Necro = 95

- - - Updated - - -

What I see when I read a post like this is... "My group has 5 toons, what it lacks is something with punch, something that can really do damage... oh and maybe even port my group around... any idea what I should add?"

hahahaha, funny stuff Raz

personally I would drop the necro for a beast or the pure destruction a zerker brings... but I am partial to beasts... I would say my fave 3 classes are Wiz, SK and Beast...

i really tried a necro in bots grps, with the top dps classes there was no way my necros could do anything, mobs would die so fast his dps wasnt fast enough...imho rangers wiz and zerkers are kicking asses, the 3 classes have a burn dicho while wiz and rangers can redo with forceful regen in a named fight..im trying a rogue but his dicho is a long term dmg with long CD

why should the necro leave? Dots, pet, pulling,
what would be a better choice to bring dps and utility? besides wiz, i have one of them now
thanks

The generic 'optimal' group is basically this

1 SHD = long time best tank due to being #1 or #2 tank for DPS, aggro, puller, mana booster.
2 CLR = long time best healer + hp buffs + rez
3 ENC = long time best CC + mana regen
4 WIZ = long time #1-#3 DPS + ports which make life easier. Only other thing I ever consider is a druid as having ports to me is required.
5 DPS, Utility, personal fav
6 DPS, Utility, personal fav

#5#6
  • Mage is popular for #5/#6 because good DPS + pet 2ndtank + call of hero makes life easier at times.
  • MOAR WIZ is popular because things just die so fast and they are the simplest to play/bot for 80%+ efficiency.
  • Bard is popular due to vast utility and run speed makes life easier, also unpopular as there is a lot of overlap with ENC. Very common to see group without ENC as people are comfortable with it's CC + Mana regen
  • ROG/RNG/MNK/BER/BST is popular for good DPS, however many think melee is easier to notice as mq2 user however IMO watching for a few seconds most people can tell your casters are bots
  • BER is popular as recently they have gained ridiculous DPS
  • SHM is unpopular for 6person group becuase lots of overlap like ENC already brings good-enough-slow and cleric already covers all heals. Popular if no ENC or no CLR and Very popular if small group.
  • WAR/PAL, people will swap SHD for these for emotional preference, they want extra healing, better raid tanking, or it is already a main of theirs.

My #5 is a Mag because I like easy life at the moment
My #6 is a bard because I enjoy bards.
Currently XP'ing for AA in 105 in TDS and my fights are typically 10-40s on dark blue to yellow.

Right now necro is typically not popular as most things should be dead <1m with lag/crits/macro delay and such really only 30s dots are worth using.

The generic 'optimal' group is basically this

1 SHD = long time best tank due to being #1 or #2 tank for DPS, aggro, puller, mana booster.
2 CLR = long time best healer + hp buffs + rez
3 ENC = long time best CC + mana regen
4 WIZ = long time #1-#3 DPS + ports which make life easier. Only other thing I ever consider is a druid as having ports to me is required.
5 DPS, Utility, personal fav
6 DPS, Utility, personal fav

This is basically my setup now, except my #5 and #6 varies between Mage, Ranger, Zerker, Beast. I have a second group that will be finished once I can move a couple toons around that will let me fill group 1 up with caster DPS and let group 2 be:

1 WAR
2 CLR
3 BRD
4 BST
5 BER
6 RNG

** and while zerkers are doing insane DPS right now, don't discount beastlords... I've been VERY impressed with the one I PL'd.

Question - Finishing a 6 box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back