• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Mage Pet vs Actual Tank (1 Viewer)

RedCents
141¢
Just curious what people think, or if you do use a Magician Pet over a real tank.

I've thought about doing this as I free up a spot in the group for someone who isn't maxed AA (I normally run two groups in the same spot but bringing that to a halt).

What issues have you found if you run a Mage pet as a tank? I've been doing it lately but only at a low-spawn camp farming named. They do a good job besides holding aggro against the mercs on burn.

I use my mages Pet as a secondary tank for when my real tank goes down. If you set HealGroupPetsOn on the healers they will heal the mages pet as if they were a normal character and the mages pet will can normally finish off any mob if you have the mage setup correctly so their pet can tank.

If you are going to be doing tbm+ then you are going to want a real tank, unless gear isn't important to you and you are happy killing trash mobs, then you could probably get by with a mage pet.

my pet group tears up shit my regular group has trouble with so it depends on mechanics of mobs... Giants don't seem to stomp the living shit outta pets like they do my warrior!

Discussion - Mage Pet vs Actual Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back