• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Question - NO luck boxing on quarm....Help? (1 Viewer)

Infiniteye

BANNED
RedCents
104¢
I am wondering if there's any way to box on Quarm I downloaded VMware to use the free trial to see if I could play both my accounts on the main computer. I have been using my laptop to box the other character and it's just annoying to me, and my laptop wasn't made for gaming it overheats. I just tried to connect to Quarm and it gives me a message about not letting accounts from virtual machines connect. They have thought of everything or I just don't know how to bypass this. I'm not asking to hack I just want to play both toons on my desktop computer. I am pissed that people bitched so much that the new event server got nerfed on boxing. This breaks my faith in the player base of today's EQ1. They are nothing more than whine-bag bitches who can't win so they want a participation medal for everyone and they want a steel cage around the playground to protect their delicate sensibilities. Because someone is not smart enough to box or play multiple toons they have ruined it for others who have more than one account and want rewards on both! /rant over. FUCK EQ CRYBABIES.

Thanks for any help I'm assuming I'm up shits river because the only thing I can think of now is a VPN but that won't solve an IP issue?

Howdy, Lead engineer here... if you have a box that you want to run VMs on, you might try XenServer. I doubt they will be able to detect virtualization using that. I had an old server farm I ran on it, because my prior employer was to cheap to buy VMWare lol. The one trick to this is you need hardware capable of virtualization, and its directly from bios to XenServer. So if you happen to have an old box laying around use this and you can run a full 6 box team on Quarm if you so desire.

Thanks guys, I doubt I have the technical know-how to use that program and I don't have an old box I donated the one I had to a friend because the MB was blown but he bought a new one and made an EQ rig with it. I was moving cross country at the time anyway so I had to get rid of stuff. Then I had another computer after that but I threw that one out after it also had problems and I was building a new one with a new case because I didn't like the blue lights anymore and wanted a less visual case. I appreciate the quick replies and guess I'll just keep using the laptop for now. :)

Question - NO luck boxing on quarm....Help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back