• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bug - [TLP] /claim out-of-era gear on TLP (1 Viewer)

You fucking rockstar! - This shits gonna get nerfed, it would be one thing to get non-game impacting items, defiant is Raid gear + for Luclin

There was another exploit a few months back on how to get to POK on TLP, back then there were a few NPCs in the zone but after that exploit Daybreak wiped the zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I do wonder what would happen if you claimed the mercenary contract on TLP... probably nothing

I think it will be more about the actual Gear. going to be interesting how long they let it go. None of its game breaking but it is game changing

The cat was already out of the bag but whoever copy/pasted my post verbatim to the main forums titled "HOW TO:" probably didn't help things either. People should learn to keep what is posted in these private forums to themselves and this community as much as possible. Copy/pasting exploits from here moments after you read them is 1 way to ensure that people don't share information.

edit: Redbot here, point taken. User found and banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure that there are people that have level 2 access just so that they can blow the whistle....

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Can I have your permission to move this thread to level 1, now that it's nerfed? I don't want phini players signing up solely for this to find it doesn't work.

Apparently even though most items were greyed out in the claim window... if you had 1 claimable item, like the Exp pot from Quarm or the satchel from daybreak store... you could toggle-sort through the way /claim window was filtered, and get non-claimable objects to appear as claimable.

I just ate a 10 day suspension. No biggie! Wonder if any of my hidden or traded off stuff survived?!

Yeah it looks like they are mass suspending and possibly banning (not sure if true - ducreux seems like a trustable person though bottom of page 9)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-to-do-damage-control-daybreak.237104/page-9

There were a lot of threads about this and a couple walkthroughs on the official forums and tons of talk about it in phin general chat. I think people will know more in a few days when the weekend is over.

Advice given by radarX forum mod on appealing (page 10) :

Some tips I can provide though not just for you but anyone appealing suspensions/bans that I've seen help over the years:

Be honest and upfront about what you did.
Be a human being. I'm not saying you have to be polite but realize you are talking to another human being who is trying to do their job.
Understand we know how important EQ is to you guys but realize it's just as if not more important to us. It puts food on our table.
Be patient. We have 7 products and get a fair amount of tickets a day. This issue isn't a lost item so requires a lot more time to review and process.

I got an e-mail saying I was suspended for 5 days.
Then another saying I was suspended for 10 days.

So am I out 15? =p

I only claimed from 1 account, but I claimed.. everything.
I parceled some defiant gear and left it in someone's parcel.
I deleted some gear to see if I can use reclaim tokens later.
I put stuff inside of claimed bags to see how they sort all that out.

Wonder if anything will slip through the cracks.

I wonder why ten. My 11 accounts all ate 5 and nearly all claimed more then one item.

With the high volume of items, expect them to continue to investigate and add 5 days per item they find, I expect the investigation to last atleast another week. They may have to do this manually filtering the claims or write a tool to filter it in such a way. Just my guess. If that is the case, you never know you might get away with it you might not.

On a side note, those who survive will have a nice week of farming with little competition :#

This shit was posted to the everquest forum on reddit.com yesterday or the day before. It blew up really fast.

With the high volume of items, expect them to continue to investigate and add 5 days per item they find, I expect the investigation to last atleast another week. They may have to do this manually filtering the claims or write a tool to filter it in such a way. Just my guess. If that is the case, you never know you might get away with it you might not.

This statement is being tossed around on the live forums with out a source, I believe you and others are making it up. The facts are pretty clear. Some received, five day emails, other ten and a few I know a five, and then a ten. If you have a source for your statement, please lets have it.

This statement is being tossed around on the live forums with out a source, I believe you and others are making it up. The facts are pretty clear. Some received, five day emails, other ten and a few I know a five, and then a ten. If you have a source for your statement, please lets have it.

Its more an educated estimate based on database parsing and this company/games history. I've not been on the forums for live since RadarX made his first few statements. Take it for what its worth, I never quoted any statements. But they haven't re-opened claims and that makes people nervous. And If I had a source I wouldn't reveal it anyway.

OMGZ FEARMONGER!

Its more an educated estimate based on database parsing and this company/games history. I've not been on the forums for live since RadarX made his first few statements. Take it for what its worth, I never quoted any statements. But they haven't re-opened claims and that makes people nervous. And If I had a source I wouldn't reveal it anyway.

OMGZ FEARMONGER!

So complete crap, got it. I could provide emails quoting five day suspensions, and can guarantee I claimed more then one item per account. Yes it is true those accounts could be updated to further suspensions later, just like it could also be true that neither one of us has any idea what truly decides how long a person is suspended for.

I claimed a lot of items on the 1 account which received the 10 day, but went back and did some damage control before this all went down. I deleted basically everything I claimed. I kept back the Dreamweave Satchel (just a 16 slot bag) and the 3 pieces of Defiant which I packaged together inside the Satchel and left it as is. I also deleted all of the level 1 toons that I'd planted Gifts on. Now I guess it's just a wait and see thing. So in terms of the 5 days per item claimed, I don't think that is accurate at all as of yet.

So complete crap, got it. I could provide emails quoting five day suspensions, and can guarantee I claimed more then one item per account. Yes it is true those accounts could be updated to further suspensions later, just like it could also be true that neither one of us has any idea what truly decides how long a person is suspended for.

Do you need to go eat a cookie or something because you're acting like a real bitch here. At no point did he say he 'knew for sure' anything, he said he expects. You're both overly hostile and wrong at the same time, always a winning combination.

Do you need to go eat a cookie or something because you're acting like a real bitch here. At no point did he say he 'knew for sure' anything, he said he expects. You're both overly hostile and wrong at the same time, always a winning combination.

Maybe I tired of his dumb cat avatar? More likely I am fed up with people passing off their theory's as semi fact. Posts were made stating otherwise here and on the live forums and people continue to discount them. The point, we have no clue why they choose to suspend someone, or ban them. Saying otherwise is again, complete crap.

I highly doubt they would issue a 5 day, then increase it to 5 days per item later on down the road. That seems like even more work than the initial amount of work that'll be required.

I dont think they would consider someone deleting the items after claiming them as someone regretting their mistake but instead as someone planning to use tokens of reclamation in the future to reclaim the deleted items and benefit. Lots of people know about tokens now and I would be really surprised if their fix which I think is coming with the upcoming patch didnt take that method into consideration. I think there are a lot of people that planned to delete/recover and click the defiant package at lvl 65 for elaborate. Im most interested right now in how they determined ban vs suspension. More stories keep popping up in general/live forum about people in different guilds getting the harsher punishment.

I highly doubt they would issue a 5 day, then increase it to 5 days per item later on down the road. That seems like even more work than the initial amount of work that'll be required.

I've had a 3 day turn into 10 but it's hard to say it was because of an exact item count. A similar story happened about two years ago on Test when there was a problem with the station store and everything was being sold for 1 station cash. I bought a ton of shit, name change potions, faction potions, mounts, etc. Got hit with a 3 day suspension then upgraded to 10 less than a day later. The best part though is that I actually got to keep all those items. There was only one guy who managed to get permanently banned from that and it was because he bought hundreds of LON decks and was selling the loot cards for kronos on other servers.

Maybe I tired of his dumb cat avatar? More likely I am fed up with people passing off their theory's as semi fact. Posts were made stating otherwise here and on the live forums and people continue to discount them. The point, we have no clue why they choose to suspend someone, or ban them. Saying otherwise is again, complete crap.

OMGZ was in jest,I guess the tone here about getting suspened is saltier than I thought lol. So from here on out keep it light or to fippys and locked. Using exploits and risking suspension just goes hand in hand. Constructive discussion from here on out.

Also SAI6911 bought you a nice gift for your avatar:)

Last edited:
OMGZ was in jest,I guess the tone here about getting suspened is saltier than I thought lol. So from here on out keep it light or to fippys and locked. Using exploits and risking suspension just goes hand in hand. Constructive discussion from here on out.

Also SAI6911 bought you a nice gift for your avatar:)

I see that, I am sure everyone appreciates your support of the website.

And no, I do not believe you were in jest. You were, like must of us do. Regurgitating conjecture and rumor.

Bug - [TLP] /claim out-of-era gear on TLP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back