• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Where to Level...What to DO.... (1 Viewer)

Sologaming

RedCents
58¢
So I started a 6box team using MQ2 and Kissassist.
The team is as follows.

Shadowknight – Cleric – Bard – Shaman – Wizard – Magician ---- All of them are around level 56-57

I am almost at the point of quiting again due to a lack of resources online.
I have no idea where I should be going to level and the few places I have tried has resulted in multiple deaths and a waste of time.
I tried Riwwi due to it being a Hotzone and was told that was the best route to go.

I am on the Fironna Vie Server….

Soooooooo….

Where should I go?
Why am I getting my face smashed in against blues/whites?
What am I doing wrong?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

It's hard to say without seeing the gear the characters have, and what your ini files look like. blue/whites should not be any issue in any zone.

I would try some of the t2 planes, until you get your ini files ironed out, and everyone in decent gear (defiant works through mid 60s). (Plane of nightmare, storms).

Post your tank stats, and their KA ini. Also, you might try using autocleric on the cleric, it's a lot easier out of the gate, and much easier keep going while leveling (auto spell mem/use!).

Ill post it up when I get home. I am about full defiant geared on all toons. Tank and Cleric get the majority of any gear that drops that they can use. I might just be lacking some MQ2/KA setup. Not going to claim to be very strong when it comes to setting this type of stuff up :)
Thank you for the quick reply!

I havnt played since Luclin launched :( Last content i remember was Planes of Power. Im about as noob as it gets rofl. Who wants to be an awesome person and give me a step by step walkthrough and catch me up on all the info? We can use phone/skype/other chat programs...

Check out Almar's Leveling guides: http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/

From that guide Crypt of Nadox should be well suited for KA.

Btw, I am 99% sure Almar lurks in these forums.

Sologaming is your tank on All-Access and auto-grant? That might not be an issue just yet,but around 65-70 you should definitely consider turning on auto-grant on your tank.

And since you are on FV, you can really twink there. Besides defiant there should be a lot of other choices with recommended/required 60-70 gear for not that much pp.

Have you thought about leaving a few toons behind. Alot of people run 4 box crews and fill the last 2 spots with mercs. The mercs make a nice buffer for when a pull goes bad or your healer/tank are acting funny. It also gives you the option to group with real people. Sometime just 1 extra person to help you pull or tank can make the boxing experience a whole lot easier.

I'll follow up with what the two posters above me said and I can vouch for the Hole and POI. Both are easy zones to pull in, only a few wanderers you have to worry about. Great money in The Hole, too.

Awesome guys. I greatly appreciate all of the input. This has been one hell of a transition, am hoping to make it a long term one and guidance is always a plus to obtaining that goal.

A few people have suggested buying gear, Is there somewhere with a gear list for that level range? So i know what to look for...Like I said. Im a bit of a noob, so not sure what is what.
Thanks!

your on fv.. sort by max lvl and hit points.. dont overspend its not worth it.. you need plat for 100+ thats when gear goes mental expensive

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I reworked the team to a 3 box with 3 mercs. SK /w Tank Merc - Shm /w Heal Merc - Mage /w DPS Merc (Caster) - Seems to be working out much better. I have tried to buy up defiant gear for my team as i find it cheap, but being new im poor so trying to save up as much as possible in preparation for the lvl 80+ stuff

your on fv.. defiant gear is not cost effective.. :/ prices are so inflated

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What? Defiant gear on FV is extremely cheap considering attuneable doesn't matter at all, you can resell the gear after you use it. That leads to there being tons of it.

See thats why I love you guys. Keep me from wasting funds of stupid stuff and using it towards what is needed to have an enjoyable play experience.

Check out this guide, since you're on FV

http://almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/guide/1-50.cfm

It was written for boxers and was written primarily for the FV server too, it should be able to point you in all the right directions =)

Where to Level...What to DO....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back