• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Instances of Eq freezing (1 Viewer)

masfirme2

RedCents
95¢
Hey. I am loading into the game and playing fine until I try and load another character into the game, then the character I was loading in freezes once inside the game. So I tried only running MQ2 on one character screen with both in game and had no problems until I refreshed injections and tried to run it on both characters, then the 2nd froze right away as MQ2 was loading. I am not sure what to do or what I need to link. I formatted my HDD and reinstalled EQ and the problem still remains.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Since you reformatted I'm guessing you updated to the latest MQ2 - 11282016 - if not be sure to do that. Than what I would recommend is deselecting plugins - deselect all plugins except those needed for what you are doing with MQ2 - such as kissassist - which needs MQ2Cast, MQ2Debuffs, MQ2Exchange, MQ2Melee, MQ2MoveUtils, MQ2Posse, Mq2Rez, & MQ2Twist (Bards). See if it runs smoothly - if it does you continue to add plugins back a few at a time until it freezes. Also, adding your macrquest.ini file to the post can help with the trouble shooting.

The pvp alert is causing the crashes, whenever someone zones in I freeze on that account. but yeah, the mq2 wont ever work without the latest compile right. Also, when I scroll over the MQ2 icon in task window it says "Nov 14, 2016". With pvpalert unloaded I don't ever have any problems, thing is that's one feature I really like, lol.

Last edited:
BUMP
Did you ever get a chance to take a look at the MQ2PVPalert plugin causing lock ups/crashes ? Several people I know are experiencing the same exact Issue, with plugin disabled it runs flawlessly. As an alternative, the mqposse plugin is ok, but nowhere near as good imo.

Thank You!

Problem - Instances of Eq freezing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back