• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - price drops on gtx 1060s (1 Viewer)

aspire2008

RedCents
2,825¢
Prices on 1060's have dropped quite abit.

Overkill gfx card, if you are just playing EQ exclusively (you are still ok with a gfx from 4 years ago if thats the case).

But, if you play any modern games, its worth the plunge.

6GB version (good if you run high resolutions beyond 1080p)

http://slickdeals.net/f/9215587-gig...ddr5-video-card-215-w-masterpass-checkout-s-h

3gb version (ample for 1080p and lower resolutions)

http://slickdeals.net/f/9211191-msi...herboard-for-79-99-ar-or-less-more-newegg-com

215$ and 165$seems pretty awesome for a current gen card

How do these cards compare with like 970 and 980?

I have been wanting to swap to Nvidia, I got almost 200$ off an AMD R9-390x from best buy a year ago, they were being stupid and marking it wrong, so had to buy it...

215$ and 165$seems pretty awesome for a current gen card

How do these cards compare with like 970 and 980?

I have been wanting to swap to Nvidia, I got almost 200$ off an AMD R9-390x from best buy a year ago, they were being stupid and marking it wrong, so had to buy it...

No reason to upgrade to a 1060 if you have the 970 or 980, probably best to skip a generation, unless you are playing something modern that came out within the last year or like Witcher 3 for example. Still a ~15% upgrade in performance though. It really depends on what you play.

I play Dota2 and EQ and thats it, atm, and I am not planning on upgrading anytime soon. My gtx 680 and 670 are way overkill for EQ1 already. My gtx 680 struggles with Witcher 2 (a 5 year old game) at 2560x1600 res & high settings, to give some perspective though. So I can't even imagine how Witcher 3 holds up against it.

Yea my amd 390x is overkill for what I play, the desire is more for going back to nvidia because I bought an nvidia shield for living room (awesome) which can stream games from pc IF I have an nvidia in pc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1060 doesnt have the ability to use SLI.

Unless you plan on never buying a 2nd card, even if to have the possibility of upgrading 1-2 years later- Look at the 1070 for SLI.

Tech - price drops on gtx 1060s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back