• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - I need to mix up my group. Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

riot

RedCents
498¢
Right now I'm running Pally, Cleric, Chanter, Bard, Rogue, Shaman. Terrible combination of classes and results in a lot of wasted dps.

Should I drop chanter or bard? Replace whatever I drop with what? I use the pally to pull since i control him manually so it's not like bard or chanter matters much in terms of pulling.

Drop shaman and replace him? I've had no issues with healing or keeping my tank alive by strictly using the cleric so shaman seems like a waste to have.

I would drop Shaman for sure, replace with more DPS (Like a Ber if you want to keep rogue).
In my experience, the bard can provide a bit more DPS than chanter (Once you kill fast enough dots dont matter), but enchanter blows the bard out of the water with CC.
I would drop the enchatner or bard and add some more dps there as well. Like a wizard, so you get sweet, sweet ports. Which to drop depends on how much CC the stuff you do needs.

I usually pull full camps in TBM so good CC is necessary. 10+ mobs at once so I'll probably keep the chanter. So that means I should be leaning towards a caster heavy group then, right? Since I'm losing out on a lot of the melee buffs that the bard gives. I could probably drop bard/shaman and replace with wizzys/mages.

If your not going for the meta group, that sounds like a winner. Mages are fun and it's really nice to have COH when moving. DPS wise, if you have a really good mage setup, he can compete with the wizard when the wizard is not burning most of the time.

Sure you could go Pally, Pally, Pally, Pally, Enc, CLR, and destroy all that is TBM, but once the next expansion comes out without tons of undead, that group goes back to sucking. Or Wiz/Wiz/Wiz/Pal/Clr/Enc, but I have more fun with different classes.

If you happen to prefer melee classes and want to get more DPS synergy, adding hybrids and/or a zerker in place of the Cleric and Enc would be good. The SHM becomes pretty useful in a melee group without a cleric because it actually has to work at healing, since they are so terrible for self DPS. I just keep my pulls to 3-4 or less and find I can usually go without the bard even mezzing. I'd try BST+Ber or BST+RNG

Pally => SHD (optional)
Cleric
Chanter => DRU
Bard
Rogue
Shaman => BST

Druid gives you more dps / ports / battle rez
BST > Shaman nuff said

Beating Razkle to the punch:

Pally > Wiz
Cleric > Wiz
Chanter > Wiz
Bard > Wiz
Rogue > Wiz
Shaman > Wiz

Win.

Till you met that magic/fire immune mob...........

- - - Updated - - -

I think your wiz/mage, bst/mage, bst/wiz type combo in place of shaman/Bard would suit your desire for a better DPS set up without losing to mudh utility, and maybe even gaining a bit.

Wiz=massive caster DPS + ports
Mage =good caster DPS, ok melee(pet) + COH + summoned items (mod rod, DD items(wiz usable))
Bst= great melee DPS(bst+pet), good magic (ice/dot) + buffs + PARAGON + heals

Now if they would just put an endurance boost to the mod rods.......

On a serious note, I'd definitely drop the shammy for a wiz. I personally don't like pet classes, so can't say I'd recommend mage/bst to replace another toon, but just swapping out the shammy for a wiz will be a huge, huge swing in DPS for your group and in turn make a high-survivability group even more sturdy since you'll be able to burn mobs down that much faster. You have a huge amount of survivability in the pally/cleric/chanter trio already. Anything outside of that can just be loaded for DPS and you should still be fine no matter what.

If they don't seriously improve shamans by the release of EoK, think I'll be replacing mine as well. I like redundancy in heals, but for the most part it's not needed. Beastlord looks like the way to go, unless the DoT improvements they've been promising since forever is a game changer for usefulness of shamans.

Enchanter + Wiz, Wiz, Wiz, Wiz, and maybe a healer for when they all draw too much aggro. Tank with the chanter.... but that does take some work.

No idea if EoK will make shamans useful in a group (for my set-up) outside of DoT revamps, but according to Aristo

DoT revamps will resume after I'm reasonably happy with these spells for Empires of Kunark. Doing both at once is madness.

Think I'll just wait it out with the shaman. Surely DayBreak will make shamans great again. I have faith.

Reading about some EoK stuff, sounding like unless you're raid geared, you might want to consider having a secondary healer that is more healer than DPS. And supposedly that'll be even after you max out EoK tier 2 group gear.

Reading about some EoK stuff, sounding like unless you're raid geared, you might want to consider having a secondary healer that is more healer than DPS. And supposedly that'll be even after you max out EoK tier 2 group gear.

That'll need to be re-tuned at some point. The raiding game is (as far as I'm concerned) mostly dead or dying, which means the group game is where most of the effort needs to be. If shit is so hard that group geared toons can't function people will move on. I realize that might come across as a little whiny, but that's not my intention. I appreciate a challenging event just as much as the next guy, but when doing ANYTHING takes two healers and a raid geared tank... ehhhh..... I'll pass.

Man, I hope the group content doesn't require 2 healers...that's going to be incredibly dumb if that's the case. :|

I copied my warrior over to beta and grabbed T2 group gear, maxed out the AA's and ran around Frontier Mountain with just a healer merc killing blues/yellows no problem. Didn't try anywhere else other than TDS zones. Because my warrior was taking so little damage, I thought maybe the FM mobs were tuned wrong. But with the EoK T2 Group gear and aa's maxed, I was killing nameds on Bro Island with just the healer merc and no special disc going and the merc was easily able to keep my warrior up. But who knows, maybe the other EoK zones has mobs that hit a whole lot harder?

Question - I need to mix up my group. Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back