• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Kodi - Internet suspended (1 Viewer)

dchap0808

RedCents
28¢
Jut curious if anyone else who uses Kodi has had their Internet suspended by their ISP.

I have a fire TV that has it installed. I knew it was questionable, and have since read up on using a VPN while using Kodi.

Anyway, came home yesterday to my cable/Internet suspended due to using Kodi. Cox communication is my ISP. They have very specific information on what I was streaming and when, which is a little unsettling to say the least.

Wonder if anyone else had had similar issues.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Well, it was for using the plug ins to access streaming media. Not specifically the Kodi app.

I have dozens of coworkers that have had the same setup, fire TV using Kodi to stream, and they've had no problems at all. Only difference, they all have a different ISP, where as I have cox communications.

This should have nothing to do with Kodi itself. Did they send you the stock "you were sharing xxxx media so you are suspended" note?

What Addon in Kodi were you using to watch said streaming?

I'm sure there are emails to the default cox email that I have never used that is tied to the account, despite them sending email for billing info to my regular yahoo email.
Im Going to try to recover the password for the default email address later today to see exactly what, if any, emails they have sent.

The only add on that I use is exodus. I have plenty others installed, but I don't use them. Most don't work well anyway.

I have to call a special department today to discuss the details.

Funny thing, i had a 300gb/mo cap on my cox. Routinely used 1500-2500gb a month. Never heard a peep. I think my "cap" now is 2tb/mo. I wouldnt trade them for anyone right now, at least in this area.

But i never do anything possibly against tos that isnt encrypted via proxy/vpn/https.

PIA is great. Then you can get fancy and have your firewall or a linux box setup to route your questionable devices (like rpi's with kodi, etc) through PIA vpn, and even make shortcuts on the device to ssh to the VPN router box, and change the country you are VPNed to for geoblocking avoidance. Stream canada, UK, france, etc with no issues.

Discussion - Kodi - Internet suspended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back