• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Macro Issues - Buffs, Pulling, Etc. (hopefully simple) (1 Viewer)

mrwhiskerz

RedCents
20¢
Okay I have a couple issues, hoping it's something simple with a minor oversight on my part... none of my guys are buffing for one. This is annoying.

in the root (Release) folder I had updated macroquest.ini [Plugins] to set some plugins to load like mq2eqbc=1, mq2moveutils=1, mq2cast=1, mq2melee=1 etc.

in the macros folder I modified my Kissassist_character files in the buffs section to look like (example Shaman)

[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Inner Fire

RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10

I followed the same for mage where I replaced Inner Fire with Minor Shielding. This does nothing. I manually loaded mq2cast and reloaded, it still does nothing.

For my monk I set him to PullerTank... I had to set ranged item because it wouldn't allow melee pulling... so I bought shurikens and set it like this...

[Pull]
PullWith=Shuriken|Shuriken
MaxRadius=750
MaxZRange=60
PullWait=5
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0

He does target mobs... but he never moves out... once he finally did start moving out.. he moved out within melee range and I would tap the kick button since it woudl time out and he would just run back to camp... I decided to just run it manually... but apparently from all the guides I've read there should be some kind of automation if it's desired.

Any guidance is appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

33 views with no response I figured it was probably too sketchy... so i just deleted the whole damn thing and started fresh... so far on the buffing, that seems to be working. More to come.. if the pulling works then awesome.

Reading through the forums DID help.. I saw on plenty of occasions people deleting everything and starting fresh and things miraculously worked, lol... (or more like.. we didn't make the same mistakes)

PEACE

- - - Updated - - -

Okay for Shaman I did the same thing as Mage with Minor Shielding.. and he wouldn't buff anyone with Inner Fire.

Also, monk still could not use shurikens to pull and the only thing I could do is run him manually. I guess all in all.. deleting everything didn't fix anything hehe.

- - - Updated - - -

For what it's worth, the shaman will cast Inner Fire if my tank has been poisoned. But only then. Almost as if it were under cure, instead of buffs. But it IS under buffs.

I honestly don' use KA much, afraid I would be no help. But figured A post is better then adding to the view count =)

It MAY help to look at other posted class INIs, but bear in mind to note if they are older INIs or not. KA has had a lot of updates in recent times, and I am sure no simple "cut&past+edit toon name" is gonna work, but it may help in determining if you have something turned on/off or misspelled/syntax error. Or heck, just give ideas for later on!

Those folks coming along later though may need more information to help. Are you for instance playing on a regular live server? TLP? EMU? Test? What level range are we talking about?

for the buffs you might need to specify which group members to cast on... |melee|caster|group|me
Buffs1=Inner Fire|group

for the monk puller check your melee section and make sure melee=1
might also need to do a /melee save and check the ini file for the plugin MQ2Melee

I also do not use kissassist very much, hopefully some of regular KA users will be able to provide more detailed help soon.

I actually followed the guide to the letter since I didn't want to introduce unnecessary variables. I am on TLP and mine are very low.. lvl 4 monk and shaman and level 3 mage.

From my experience with these macros, Killian's and E3 was always great but I doubt they have that for the redguides updated version. I had extremely complex scripts and everything ran smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

for the buffs you might need to specify which group members to cast on... |melee|caster|group|me
Buffs1=Inner Fire|group

for the monk puller check your melee section and make sure melee=1
might also need to do a /melee save and check the ini file for the plugin MQ2Melee

I also do not use kissassist very much, hopefully some of regular KA users will be able to provide more detailed help soon.

I'll look at that now, thank you. Melee is set to 1 but it gives the error, can't pull with melee using MQ2AdvPath use a disc, aa, spell etc but in TLP there is no throw stone so I had to resort to shurikens which is just not working

- - - Updated - - -

No.. the Shaman isn't falling for any of this nonsense... he's not buffing anybody and that's just his decision lol

- - - Updated - - -

How about this.. any other alternative options to KA? It doesn't work so I'm not really keen to sticking with it.

No, it updates everything else just fine and I tried on a higher level character to test... I went to my 91 SHM and it summoned his and had all areas setup just fine... but it refuses to buff. For me buffing is the most annoying part... and the one thing I can't seem to get this to do.

Also for some reason on the higher level, it says dps is disabled because section is empty. I don't even know why it would say that. I have two spells there, more for testing than anything... but they're not being enabled.

I'm grasping at straws for potential problems but I'll try to help.

Also for some reason on the higher level, it says dps is disabled because section is empty. I don't even know why it would say that. I have two spells there, more for testing than anything... but they're not being enabled.

this reads to me like you may have ended up with duplication of .ini's i.e. there are two Kissassist_SHAMAN.ini's floating about and the one you think you're editing isn't the one that Kissassist is using.

and for (apparently no) characters buffing, there should be a Kissassit_buffs or something like that file, is it (or the folder it's in) read only?... KA reads / writes to that file when casting buffs and if it doesn't have edit permissions it may cause strange behaviors...

just brainstorming...

For my monk I set him to PullerTank... I had to set ranged item because it wouldn't allow melee pulling... so I bought shurikens and set it like this...

[Pull]
PullWith=Shuriken|Shuriken
MaxRadius=750
MaxZRange=60
PullWait=5
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0

He does target mobs... but he never moves out... once he finally did start moving out.. he moved out within melee range and I would tap the kick button since it woudl time out and he would just run back to camp... I decided to just run it manually... but apparently from all the guides I've read there should be some kind of automation if it's desired.

I pulled my War out of storage yesterday, after updating the RG MQ2 (wanted to try the new plugin MQ2CpuLoad). This of course updated the KA file. Now my War does the same thing when trying to use thrown items (Starfish Stones|Starfish Stones), but has no issue when using a Bow|Arrow combo. With throw items he cycles thru all possible pull targets 2-3 times, then MIGHT run out to melee distance with one (at that point just getting aggro by proximity), then returning to camp to start the cycle all over again.

Also tried switching to Throw Stone. This works ok, as long as there isn't an active disk running when trying to pull. If there is a Disc running he runs within distance, then side steps like he's trying to regain line of sight/effect, until he decides to give up and run back to camp. He will do this until the disc runs out then will pull normally using throw stone (or jeer, etc.).

Mind last time I had War out, He pulled just fine using Starfish Stones, but havent used the combat ability (Throw Stone) type pull since KA9 was released...

I pulled my War out of storage yesterday, after updating the RG MQ2 (wanted to try the new plugin MQ2CpuLoad). This of course updated the KA file. Now my War does the same thing when trying to use thrown items (Starfish Stones|Starfish Stones), but has no issue when using a Bow|Arrow combo. With throw items he cycles thru all possible pull targets 2-3 times, then MIGHT run out to melee distance with one (at that point just getting aggro by proximity), then returning to camp to start the cycle all over again.

Also tried switching to Throw Stone. This works ok, as long as there isn't an active disk running when trying to pull. If there is a Disc running he runs within distance, then side steps like he's trying to regain line of sight/effect, until he decides to give up and run back to camp. He will do this until the disc runs out then will pull normally using throw stone (or jeer, etc.).

Mind last time I had War out, He pulled just fine using Starfish Stones, but havent used the combat ability (Throw Stone) type pull since KA9 was released...

This might fix the issue with Throw Stone disc, but I can't help with the throwing item problem.

Line 1857 in kissassist.mac:
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Spell[${castWhat}].Duration.TotalSeconds} || !${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}) {

Changed to:
Rich (BB code):
/if (!${Spell[${castWhat}].Duration.TotalSeconds} || !${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}) {

Looks like an update today, since my install is fresh I think I will start fresh again then post my .INI as suggested by Maskoi. If I can get the buffs working... it really won't matter if the auto pulling works lol.. I don't trust automation for many reasons and I look at this as an opportunity to play my bard the way it should be played. Not just a twist box.

I'll update once new release is out.

I remember initially having a problem with my monk throwing to pull... Finally remembered how I fixed it.... Make sure you have two stacks of what your using to throw. It was putting the entire stack of throwing items in only one range/ammo slot but not the other, once I had two stacks of the things it managed to get items in both slots and started working.

I remember initially having a problem with my monk throwing to pull... Finally remembered how I fixed it.... Make sure you have two stacks of what your using to throw. It was putting the entire stack of throwing items in only one range/ammo slot but not the other, once I had two stacks of the things it managed to get items in both slots and started working.
Had that, (as I have a min-summon of 101 set) so usually have a stack of 100 in range and a stack of 1-100 in ammo. but i even went as far as deleting the ones I had, re-summoning, and verifying I had them in the correct spots.

Okay, so now that I've done patch... I started with a fresh beastlord ini.. he's 91.. here's what I have... keep in mind I load mq2cast so I'm not sure there. This DOES cast and buff the pet, it even shrinks the pet with earring. This does NOT buff me or anyone else. This does NOT cast nukes in combat. Basically the two most important things.

[General]
KissAssistVer=9.1.2
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=15
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
CastingInterruptOn=0
EQBCOn=1
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=1
CampfireOn=0

[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=1
SpellSetName=KissAssist

[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Callous Ferocity Rk. II|MA
Buffs2=NULL
Buffs3=NULL
Buffs4=NULL
Buffs5=Spiritual Valor Rk. II
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=Pact of the Wurine
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=Spiritual Enhancement Rk. II
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL

[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll rear
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1

[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell1=NULL
GoMSpell2=NULL
GoMSpell3=NULL

[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup
GMailOn=0
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL

[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=2
DPSInterval=30
DPS1=Sha's Reprisal Rk. II|96
DPS2=Falrazim's Gnashing Rk. II|90
DPS3=Glacial Lance Rk. II|87
DPS4=Spinechiller Blood Rk. II|84
DPS5=Shout at the Moon
DPS6=Attack of the Warders
DPS7=Bestial Alignment|40
DPS8=Banestrike|98
DPS9=Spiritcaller Totem of the Feral|92
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
DPS16=NULL
DPS17=NULL
DPS18=NULL
DPS19=NULL
DPS20=NULL
DebuffAllOn=0

[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL

[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
XTarHeal2=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0

[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL

[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Spirit of Averc
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=1
PetShrinkSpell=Magnetic Minion Magnifier
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffs1=Bolstering Warder Rk. II
PetBuffs2=Unrivaled Rapidity Rk. II
PetBuffs3=Spirit of Kron Rk. II
PetBuffs4=NULL
PetBuffs5=NULL
PetBuffs6=NULL
PetBuffs7=NULL
PetBuffs8=NULL
PetCombatOn=1
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1

[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0

[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=5
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0

[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0

[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

- - - Updated - - -

This is to a completely fresh install just since patch

I truly think DPS=1 is broken, but in your DPS section you also have some without
|%....which could cause a problem.
Rich (BB code):
[DPS]
 DPSOn=1 (id try it at 2)
 DPSSkip=2
 DPSInterval=30
 DPS1=Sha's Reprisal Rk. II|96
 DPS2=Falrazim's Gnashing Rk. II|90
 DPS3=Glacial Lance Rk. II|87
 DPS4=Spinechiller Blood Rk. II|84
 DPS5=Shout at the Moon need fix
 DPS6=Attack of the Warders need fix
 DPS7=Bestial Alignment|40
 DPS8=Banestrike|98
 DPS9=Spiritcaller Totem of the Feral|92

• Mask pointed out recently that some of the throwing is broken. Iirc he posted a KA code fix until it gets put in the release compile (not tested). This relates to pulling, and running up to mobs, but not actually engaging.
  • Remember, Tank and PullerTank will automatically use DPS=2 regardless of what it is set to in the INI. Why? It's best for the Tank to grab aggro often and early, and many times our aggro management abilities are put in the DPS [section]. Any delay there can cause a grp member's death, so KA just fires DPS entries in rapid succession. The Mob HP % in this case merely aids in ascertaining firing order but the actual HP check is void.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I had added an explanation of DPS=2 in the wiki but I don't see it. It is currently merely mentioned but needs clarification. I will try to edit the wiki later today.

Fair enough, Thx Darkie!
Rich (BB code):
Turned of automatically setting Tank DPSOn=2. Not sure why i ever did that in the first place but combat cast will now respect DPSOn=1 for tanks.

This is a pretty substantial change. I had things in HOLYs merely so I could control when things fired based on target's HP. I will have to revamp my SHITs for multiple toons and start putting those abilities in KA.

The Bard changes look pretty extensive as well. I will have to completely rewrite my bard setups (which I have to do anyway due to DBG futzin with Dicho). It will be days until I am back online...

Found a small problem with summoning items for pulling - e.g. Ton Po's Mystical Pouch|Summon|Shuriken of Eternity|2, or Bloody Ancille's Pouch|Summon|Hunter's Barbs|80

9.1.3 has a new Summonstuff routine that returned if combat ability or spell was not ready. No check on item, so always returned.

Changed return /if statement from:
/if (!${Me.SpellReady[${Spell[${SSpell}].RankName}]} && !${Me.AltAbilityReady[${SSpell}]} && !${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[${SSpell}].RankName}]} && !${Me.AbilityReady[${SSpell}]} && !${Me.AbilityReady[${SSpell}]}) /return
To:
/if (!${Me.SpellReady[${Spell[${SSpell}].RankName}]} && !${Me.AltAbilityReady[${SSpell}]} && !${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[${SSpell}].RankName}]} && !${Me.ItemReady[${SSpell}]}) /return
and this now seems to work.

This was fixed in 9.1.3

As of today I still cant pull with any throwing items wether purchased at vender or summoned/crafted. I have tryed with a few diferent classes using different items. Below is the ini for my berserker using his summoned/crafted axes. And having a stack of them in ranged and ammo slots. He targets the mobs but never throws the axe.
Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=9.1.4
Role=PullerTank
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=0
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
CastingInterruptOn=0
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Berserker|41
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=0
Buffs1=NULL
Buffs2=NULL
Buffs3=NULL
Buffs4=NULL
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=175
StickHow=snaproll rear
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
BeforeCombat=Cast Before Melee Disc
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup
GMailOn=0
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=0
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=NULL
DPS2=NULL
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
DPS16=NULL
DPS17=NULL
DPS18=NULL
DPS19=NULL
DPS20=NULL
DebuffAllOn=0
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
XTarHeal2=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Dulled Axe|Dulled Axe
MaxRadius=400
MaxZRange=15
PullWait=30
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullLevel=35|50
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn1
MercAssistAt=97

Any help would be great as I am new to kissassist.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem - Macro Issues - Buffs, Pulling, Etc. (hopefully simple)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back