• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Training afk groups on FV (1 Viewer)

Did you go into your MQ2Rez settings and restrict your rez to 90% or 96%? I highly recommend doing that. It immediately nullifies the chance of having a dickbag do that to you again.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably should have mentioned how to do it... sorry:

1. Load MQ2Rez in game (/load MQ2Rez)
2. Open your server_character.ini file inside your macroquest folder.
3. Find the [MQRez] section that should have been created
4. Update the rez setting from 0 to 90 (or 96... I leave mine at 90 because that's what I remember pallies had... they may be up to 96 now for all I know).
5. You can also set a delay in MQ2Rez so that it won't immediately click rez if offered one. It makes you seem slightly less boxy, so you may want to do that, too. I use Delay=3

Just getting back to this, thank you for the post. I'm new to MQ only started it up about a month ago and loving it for the most part. Since then I have set AFK tools to 4 (quit eq) with any PC in a 200ft radius yet this still happened again (Caballero on Xegony) Not sure it's the place to name people but just thought I'd give a heads up. He managed to train the group, and rez from at least that distance which I'm still a little unsure how but none the less I came back to my comp after 20 min and kindly thanked him for rezzing me.

I caught it before much damage was done, zerk only lost half a lvl, but its really f'ing annoying. Thanks for this I'll update the ini now. I've just resorted to rezaccept=0 but glad there is a work around.

I really don't understand why people would really sit there and waste 20, 30 or more minutes of their life rezzing someone who isn't there. I mean how funny can it be after 5 minutes? Anyway /rant over. Upside is my 6 box crew is almost max aa (EoK aa)!

I don't like people playing street police and he sounds like a dick but I also have no sympathy for afk groups in public zones (if they really are afk) getting trained either. Just my 2cents.. Isn't unattended game play one of the biggest pet peve DB has with MQers? I think I remember seeing something on eqmules mq2 site feed about don't use MQ2 for afk killing. Doing it in a public zone is risky even with afktools imo.

Just getting back to this, thank you for the post. I'm new to MQ only started it up about a month ago and loving it for the most part. Since then I have set AFK tools to 4 (quit eq) with any PC in a 200ft radius yet this still happened again (Caballero on Xegony) Not sure it's the place to name people but just thought I'd give a heads up. He managed to train the group, and rez from at least that distance which I'm still a little unsure how but none the less I came back to my comp after 20 min and kindly thanked him for rezzing me.

I caught it before much damage was done, zerk only lost half a lvl, but its really f'ing annoying. Thanks for this I'll update the ini now. I've just resorted to rezaccept=0 but glad there is a work around.

I really don't understand why people would really sit there and waste 20, 30 or more minutes of their life rezzing someone who isn't there. I mean how funny can it be after 5 minutes? Anyway /rant over. Upside is my 6 box crew is almost max aa (EoK aa)!

Some people just dont have a lot to do out of raid time.

I don't like people playing street police and he sounds like a dick but I also have no sympathy for afk groups in public zones (if they really are afk) getting trained either. Just my 2cents.. Isn't unattended game play one of the biggest pet peve DB has with MQers? I think I remember seeing something on eqmules mq2 site feed about don't use MQ2 for afk killing. Doing it in a public zone is risky even with afktools imo.

I agree it's a risk to use MQ while afk, but you mention public zones...are there non-public zones or do you mean content under lvl 85? Or are you just referring to HA's and Instances.

Publiz Zone = non insanced zone.

IE if you start a mission that zones your group, and only your group, into a zone, then your in a private zone.

---------------

Just an aside, spell range was increased a while back. Between that, AA, and item focus, the new max is around 250 for most spells, some farther

Go into your server_character file right now, find the area for MQRez, and change the minimum value you're willing to accept from 0 to 96. Done. The way I see it, if they want to try to delevel you 4% at a time, then by all means let them have at it.

Pretty cheeky stuff. Someone has their bot team, AFK camping a big EoK named camp on the weekend during x2 rare spawns. It's pretty obvious and no safety measures running. I mean, when there are safe spots to work out of, but you choose to camp right on top of spawns and the only mobs you pull are the ones that are line of sight or agros you, it says to me you don't know or have the ability to make pullpaths or that MQ2nav doesn't work there lol. I'm not reporting or training them, just going to go go do whatever else instead, but this is the kinda stuff that you deserve to be reported for or trained.

Maybe a bit judgemental since I run my bot team there too and I think if anyone stands around looking at my team, they will think no way am I just boxing. Only difference between me and that guy is I am actually there the whole time and controlling my tank manually+melee. So usually @1 to 2 hours or so later I leave and someone else can take the camp. 1 to 2 hours is about all I can take of playing EQ grind/named camps before I gotta go do real life for a bit lol. That's the only problem I have with AFK camping. Some people just leave it running forever and occupy a camp non-stop for days.

Pretty cheeky stuff. Someone has their bot team, AFK camping a big EoK named camp on the weekend during x2 rare spawns. It's pretty obvious and no safety measures running. I mean, when there are safe spots to work out of, but you choose to camp right on top of spawns and the only mobs you pull are the ones that are line of sight or agros you, it says to me you don't know or have the ability to make pullpaths or that MQ2nav doesn't work there lol. I'm not reporting or training them, just going to go go do whatever else instead, but this is the kinda stuff that you deserve to be reported for or trained.

Maybe a bit judgemental since I run my bot team there too and I think if anyone stands around looking at my team, they will think no way am I just boxing. Only difference between me and that guy is I am actually there the whole time and controlling my tank manually+melee. So usually @1 to 2 hours or so later I leave and someone else can take the camp. 1 to 2 hours is about all I can take of playing EQ grind/named camps before I gotta go do real life for a bit lol. That's the only problem I have with AFK camping. Some people just leave it running forever and occupy a camp non-stop for days.

What server? I'm slightly concerned it was me :) ... but I took over a /pick and wasn't bothering the main zone for days, so there was that, too.

News - Training afk groups on FV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back