• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Training afk groups on FV (1 Viewer)

creator

BANNED
RedCents
545¢
Guy named Sakataa "Shadow knight" on FV is using the map in the mq2 and if he sees you running kissassist he will train you he was doing it over and over, be warned...And he clearly is using the compiler, as there was no way he could have seen movement without it...

Use mq2posse and GTFO. If players get close, your group leaves. Nobody's angry, nobody's reported.

My solution was made for Zek, if it can protect me in pvp it can handle bluebies no problem

Last edited:
Alot of afk groups on FV are running their bots in obvious areas that everyone tends to travel through or named camps and he likes to seek them out, especially when its a full anon group in zone.

I'm never AFK while grinding, but I wish someone would train me every now and then for more kills per hour :O

This guy spends his evenings going from zone to zone training people and hunting down botters or people he thinks are botters. I have had issues with him too

I'm not on FV, but someone like that would have to really go out of normally used areas and really search to do that to my afk group. And honestly, if people are sticking AFK groups in places/camps that gets traffic then it's kinda hard to blame. Although this guy just sounds like an asshole.

I don't go around training anyone, but sometimes I go to camp crap for the artisan quest that I can't camp anywhere else and there is an AFK group or an AFK mage/merc right there. I don't blame them, I do the afk/merc thing on those myself (never actually have a bot running...for that), but I don't respect them as having any rights to the camp, nor do I expect any when I afk/merc over night. I just pull around them. including what they're fighting and have no problem with someone doing the same to my afk/merc overnight.

Sometimes I come across afk bot crews in current camps that I want a shot at for certain drops that I can't go somewhere else for. Problem with this is 12 hours later, 48 hours later, a week later, they're still there. Obviously they're not camping the no-drop gear drop that once they get they'll leave, but are camping the rare bazaar drop to sell to make plats to make $$ and they're not leaving anytime soon this year. That's a problem. I'm not training or reporting anyone, but I don't like or respect that.

I'm not on FV, but someone like that would have to really go out of normally used areas and really search to do that to my afk group. And honestly, if people are sticking AFK groups in places/camps that gets traffic then it's kinda hard to blame. Although this guy just sounds like an asshole.

I don't go around training anyone, but sometimes I go to camp crap for the artisan quest that I can't camp anywhere else and there is an AFK group or an AFK mage/merc right there. I don't blame them, I do the afk/merc thing on those myself (never actually have a bot running...for that), but I don't respect them as having any rights to the camp, nor do I expect any when I afk/merc over night. I just pull around them. including what they're fighting and have no problem with someone doing the same to my afk/merc overnight.

Sometimes I come across afk bot crews in current camps that I want a shot at for certain drops that I can't go somewhere else for. Problem with this is 12 hours later, 48 hours later, a week later, they're still there. Obviously they're not camping the no-drop gear drop that once they get they'll leave, but are camping the rare bazaar drop to sell to make plats to make $$ and they're not leaving anytime soon this year. That's a problem. I'm not training or reporting anyone, but I don't like or respect that.

I agree with you for the most part. The only part I disagree with is being able to "hide" your afk group from this guy. He's been at this for months and has found me in some weird places so I watched him and he literally checks each and every zone and then runs to the group and watches it to see if they're botters or whatever then leaves. He has watched me while I was doing partisans one evening until he deemed I wasn't a botter then left.

The issue is with players like this though, they think they're untouchable and what we're doing is wrong because of the creed against MQ2 use.

Ultimately, what he is doing is harassment pure and simple. Two wrongs don't make a right kind of thing.

I understand if you need the camp, mob, or report the group. But this guy actively goes out of his way to find people and if he deems them as playing the game a way he isn't happy with he trains them repeatedly. He isn't any better than the people who bot for days on end, which is the exact people he has issue with and "patrols" for

I have been monitoring this shit heads progress as well as Minato <Valhallah> (Zaraki) , Skalde <Prosperitas> (Smakm), Schadenfrued (Prosperitas) and of course, Sakataa. Also the "bot patrol guilds" are <Hive of Scum and Villany> (Schadenfrued's guild) and <West Freeport Militia> Sakataa's guild

Minato and Skalde only check TBM zones for AFKers whereas Sakataa checks ANY ZONE/CAMP POSTED IN OUR "STRATEGIES" SECTION. Be warned, if you're at a popular camp they're the ones that he checks first.

Sakataa also has a char he checks zones with, Feytality. Full anon, not sure the class. But this is one of the characters he likes patrolling with.

Primary Zones he checks every few days/daily:

Heart of Fear ** (A, B and C) - He checks these zones the most of any other I have seen. Herald of Fear camp primarily he'll catch you there within a day and recheck it daily for you
Ethernere - He checks grawrawr/other camps
Neriak D - He spends a lot of time here, either harassing a bot or he actually plays the game outside of ruining other peoples fun
Sepulcher - He also spends a lot of time here, not sure the reason

He starts his patrols at 3pm EST usually and ends them at Midnight EST. Sakataa is most active on weekends as well as Friday/Monday.

If you have an interaction with any of these players be warned, DON'T TALK TO THEM, DON'T ARGUE WITH THEM, DON'T ENGAGE THEM AT ALL. I got suspended for reporting one of them for training me and they weren't suspended or banned at all.

These are players who most likely hate their lifes/jobs and they come home each day and take it out on other players. There is no winning against these people through social interaction, if they see you it doesn't matter if you respond they will train you and harass you until you log or leave. If they deem you a "cheater" no amount of convincing them or talking to them will help you. Sakataa will send you daily tells and make it his life mission to find your groups when you're online. They also have no action taken against them for training. No amount of enchanters or good tanks will save you from being trained when the trainee is adamant about watching you die.

If this guy has been pissing you off/you wanna get back at him... The best way of combating this guy I have found is let him catch you then watch as he spends his whole night waiting for you to log back in at the camp he caught you at. It's actually pretty sad that he has nothing better to do with his life but I guess that makes sense for any online troll.

Hmm interesting, when the new expansion is out and I have some more time I should look into this guy and his activities, need to set up a honeypot group and record him training it then he should be the one getting banned. I don't like bullies and it's not against the Eula to use mq2 as long as we attend.

Side note : if anyone has good video recordings of him training and wiping a group you are running send them to me I know how to get them into the right hands of people that will take action against this sort of harassment.

Hmm interesting, when the new expansion is out and I have some more time I should look into this guy and his activities, need to set up a honeypot group and record him training it then he should be the one getting banned. I don't like bullies and it's not against the Eula to use mq2 as long as we attend.

Side note : if anyone has good video recordings of him training and wiping a group you are running send them to me I know how to get them into the right hands of people that will take action against this sort of harassment.

I have screenshots and logs but I don't have a video.

I gave up on trying to seek justice after I was suspended for using MQ2 while attended. I don't feel it is a set in stone rule that you're allowed to use it while attended but that may depend entirely on "how" you use it. When I got suspended I was watching my group but not in control of the tank, maybe if I was moving the tank more humanly I wouldn't have gotten the suspension.

It really sucks to say this but as far as I can tell this guy is going to get away with bullying people week after week and month after month until he quits. All my attempts to get him suspended failed, the only thing i didn't try was sending in a video because all that would do is prove I used mq2 (which using MQ2 got me suspended last month).

From what I can tell, he's in a gray area where we can't really do anything about him because we're botters/using cheat software which gives him a free pass for harassing us.

Would be super fun if we could setup MQ2Posee (with a wizard) and/or GTFO to bot and then, when caught, just have the wizzy port the group to different popular zones each time toons in question pop into the zone. So, like this:

- botting in random TBM zone X
- dickbag y zones in; we assume he sees us
- MQ2Posse/GTFO mems Shards portal, punts group
- dickbag y zones into Shards; we assume he sees us
- MQ2Posse/GTFO mems a different wizzy port, punts group
- rinse, repeat.

Let him chase around a group for an entire night without actually getting to do anything about it. You aren't actually botting at that point.... just porting your group zone to zone as a way to taunt his lame ass.

Would be super fun if we could setup MQ2Posee (with a wizard) and/or GTFO to bot and then, when caught, just have the wizzy port the group to different popular zones each time toons in question pop into the zone. So, like this:

- botting in random TBM zone X
- dickbag y zones in; we assume he sees us
- MQ2Posse/GTFO mems Shards portal, punts group
- dickbag y zones into Shards; we assume he sees us
- MQ2Posse/GTFO mems a different wizzy port, punts group
- rinse, repeat.

Let him chase around a group for an entire night without actually getting to do anything about it. You aren't actually botting at that point.... just porting your group zone to zone as a way to taunt his lame ass.

I've had him follow me from quest giver to instance in Sul Vius Life/Decay to make sure I zoned into an instance and wasn't going to "juke him out" and go off botting someplace.

It was funny having him waste his time chasing me/staying logged in and FD at my camp for 4hrs waiting for me to log back in... but after one week, two weeks, shit... going on 3 months of me being on/off harassed by him.... His behavior goes from funny to downright fucking annoying.

Also, I want to edit this post and say if there's any chance these guys are smart enough to google their own names with the suffix Everquest and find this thread... You may be proud of yourselves for annoying the botters and reading that you've pissed them off but you've only cost us minutes, maybe hours whereas you've spent literal DAYS getting worked up and harassing people. All that aggression and high blood pressure for such sustained periods of time isn't healthy. Not only have you wasted your time but you also shortened your lives.

While you may be unbelievably annoying and minorly inconvenience us, we all will live longer <3

lol... or setup a macro that just clicks the sul vius life/decay clicky over and over again.... see how long he'll pop back and forth with you :)

Meanwhile... you're actually off botting somewhere :)

lol... or setup a macro that just clicks the sul vius life/decay clicky over and over again.... see how long he'll pop back and forth with you :)

Meanwhile... you're actually off botting somewhere :)

I've actually done that!!

Since he isn't very smart I usually let him spot one group then log the group off and he spends all night waiting for that group to log back in. Which means I can actually play uninterrupted all night =D

I've actually done that!!

Since he isn't very smart I usually let him spot one group then log the group off and he spends all night waiting for that group to log back in. Which means I can actually play uninterrupted all night =D

Pretty hilarious!

last time someone trained a guildy we all logged on around 75 toons and setup a raid and welcomed the trains!

last time someone trained a guildy we all logged on around 75 toons and setup a raid and welcomed the trains!

I have done this too, bringing all my characters to one camp to eat a train. It's entertaining for sure.

The issue most people who aren't being harassed miss out on though when they say "I welcome trains" is the shit gets old when it happens to you day after day. I know you're not saying you always welcome them, but for some people who don't play on FV, they may not grasp how annoying it can be to deal with this guy. I can't be the only person who plays this game that some days you just don't wanna talk to anyone and don't wanna group or raid you just wanna be left alone doing your own thing in your own area.

On these select antisocial days we most likely all have, it can be very upsetting for a seemingly untouchable player to harass you so badly you're forced to either bring more characters to defend yourself or log off and not play that night.

Honestly, not going to lie... What bothers me most about this is he was able to get away with training me for 3 months and I got suspended for using MQ2 whereas he didn't get so much as even a warning for training me. That incident has given me a whole different outlook on MQ2 and Everquest as a whole.

Yea, I'm at that point, too. The thought of a new expansion where shit is so hard that group gear pushes toons to 200k hps and 15k ac .... f that noise. At least f that on all 9-10 accounts.

couple of years ago I got fed up with wannabe white troll knights on my old server and paid DBG $25 a pop to transfer the ones I wanted to a new server, worth every penny!

Povar, povar, Povar has Devs, GMs, and Guides that actually play on the server... guides can play but they are not supposed to play on the same server they are tasked to monitor. Leads to corruption. I went from chatting with 2 or 3 GMs a week about being somewhere to 1 GM in the last year and a half on the new server, so yeah, Povar sux! And FV is no better..... the ability to trade no trades brings out all the scumbags..... I will take low pop servers anyday! unless I need to raid then I will just move a toon, raid gear him and move him back.

And FV is no better..... the ability to trade no trades brings out all the scumbags.....

Money, it brings out the worst in people! That's half the reason I was being trained. They thought I was RMTing all the items I was getting cause I was farming the same named for weeks on multiple occasions (not full 24hr days, 12hrs or so each day). But that's what we call the fundamental attribution error as they were unaware I had an entire raid team to gear.

TBM has some baller non prestige level 100 gear, comparable to CoTF raid (except the AC). I sold all my gear before I quit 2 years ago and I needed to regear a lot of characters.

Thank god that's over, now I can box my raids in instances where no one bothers me ever. I even go all secret agent man getting to the raids. Take one group, request it, zone in drop banner then port everyone in!

Druadic on Xegony does this, he has trained me multiple times. I learned my AFK tools lesson when he 0% rezzed my sham down to 101 from 105. Thankfully I was only afk for about 20 min and put a stop to it.

Druadic on Xegony does this, he has trained me multiple times. I learned my AFK tools lesson when he 0% rezzed my sham down to 101 from 105. Thankfully I was only afk for about 20 min and put a stop to it.

Did you go into your MQ2Rez settings and restrict your rez to 90% or 96%? I highly recommend doing that. It immediately nullifies the chance of having a dickbag do that to you again.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably should have mentioned how to do it... sorry:

1. Load MQ2Rez in game (/load MQ2Rez)
2. Open your server_character.ini file inside your macroquest folder.
3. Find the [MQRez] section that should have been created
4. Update the rez setting from 0 to 90 (or 96... I leave mine at 90 because that's what I remember pallies had... they may be up to 96 now for all I know).
5. You can also set a delay in MQ2Rez so that it won't immediately click rez if offered one. It makes you seem slightly less boxy, so you may want to do that, too. I use Delay=3

I played on RF for about a year then quit for a bit. Had planned to come back play f2p but of course it is so much better with gold accounts so I did that.

I initially tried Trakkanon but literally 0 bazaar sellers was just a little too empty for me
Been playing seriously about 2 weeks on FV and have a group from scratch to 80s now, thinking to start 2nd & 3rd group now that XP is slowing down and I have resources to support 3 groups.

Had a hard time trying to figure out what server to play on and wondering if FV was a good choice?

Would love a sensible adult guild with couple people that MQ2 non-blatantly to hangout with

Off topic, but you only need 6 to plant a banner now?

12 but fellowship max size is 12 so as long as you have 3 people who can drop a fellowship fire that pretty much means you can drop a banner too (assuming they're all in the same guild of course)

I played on RF for about a year then quit for a bit. Had planned to come back play f2p but of course it is so much better with gold accounts so I did that.

I initially tried Trakkanon but literally 0 bazaar sellers was just a little too empty for me
Been playing seriously about 2 weeks on FV and have a group from scratch to 80s now, thinking to start 2nd & 3rd group now that XP is slowing down and I have resources to support 3 groups.

Had a hard time trying to figure out what server to play on and wondering if FV was a good choice?

Would love a sensible adult guild with couple people that MQ2 non-blatantly to hangout with

Fv is a great server choice imho even with the blatant and allowed harassment there. As far as guild choice I run solo and honestly don't know of any MQ2 guilds. I will say though stay away from the two main guilds on the server, ESPECIALLY Prosperitas. They're weird people to begin with and they FUCKING CAN'T STAND boxers. Valhallah is a bit more open to boxers and MQ2 from what i hear/know. They even have a few people who raid that blatantly use MQ2 and have for years. Prosperitas though, stay away from. Sailea/Slader are coo coo in the head.

I think in general a 'MQ2 guild' is a bad idea, eq has always been a drama and reputation chat room, no reason to be known for mq2.
It is better to be a wolf within the herd of sheep =)

I have found a decently active 'family guild' on FV that gives me some green chat, without any demands on my time/participation thou I do help guildmates when I can.

Just hoping to find some friends that mq2 it up on FV as well.

btw msg me here if you are looking for a pickup guild to join

i prefer trak over all but i camp for what i need. I like not being messed with or having to deal with folks.. humanity sucks id rather not have to trifle with it.

Have seen and run into a few pro MQ guilds. One has lasted a long while and its members regularly AFK camp zones. So, not sure how much DBG is caring in that regard =)

News - Training afk groups on FV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back