• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Membership sale (1 Viewer)

Inkie

RedCents
3,963¢
Ready to add another year of membership perks to your account? NOW is the time! Beginning at 9:00AM PT on Thursday, August 25, 2016 the 12-Month All Access Membership will be available for only $71.99 USD* (regular price = $119.88 USD). That works out to less than $6.00/month!

Benefits of the 12-Month All Access Membership include:

Premium benefits in EverQuest, EverQuest II, PlanetSide 2 (PC), and DC Universe Online (PC)
10% off Marketplace purchases
500 Daybreak Cash Reward to claim each month
Special membership offers and promotions throughout the year

For full benefits, visit our All Access page.

This special price is available for a limited time only! Want to get your hands on this great deal? Make sure you purchase the 12-Month All Access Membership by 11:59PM PT on Monday, August 29, 2016!

*Sale/Promotional rates will renew at the standard rate. The standard rate will automatically renew for successive 12-month terms until cancelled.

might be a good deal to lock in the main accounts for less $$.

https://www.everquest.com/news/all-access-12-month-membership-sale-august-2016

I normally just do month to month just because of concerns that maybe they ban my accounts because of MQ2. I don't do any active stuff or warp/zone around and try to maintain a low profile on my server, but I understand just using MQ2 puts me well within their rights to ban my accounts. But at $72, it's like I am just risking 5 months of paying $15.99 upfront and then getting 7 months for free. Think I'll be jumping on this for at least my tanks and melee's.

if you account gets banned, you are suppose to be refunded all unused moneys for subscriptions except for the month you are currently in.

IE you sign up for 12 months... in 2 months you get your account closed (banned) you are suppose to get the 9-10 (depending on where you are between month 2 and 3) refunded.

Or so I have been told by friends, never been through the process.

$6/mo locked in vs $8/mo on kronos not locked in...
Can't gaurentee Krono prices will stay the same.

While it saves me almost $100/mo a $3,000 up front commitment seems like overkill... some of my accounts once they are max aa'd I have them in TBM group gear and could FTP.
Thinking maybe 2 of my groups I do this with, but the rest I stay month to month via krono.

Really wondering if EQ will even be around in 12 months or if it will end up sun-setting. This says financial trouble to me, just my personal opinion. Don't think I've ever seen a sale dip as low as $6/mo.

I've done this with only my main. Other accounts I dont think it is worth it as I don't see this game lasting too long. I've seen too many signs that keep pointing to financial issues.

1) removal of expansion from key bug. They could of just ate the cost and made their customer happy and they didn't. they just pissed off their customers even more
2) Customer Service services are down to nothing which makes me think they don't have the money to support their customer base
3) Lack of content on expansions. We have seen this for years
4) Lack of communication from dev's and roshen. Very little information gets out about new features or updates to the game. We barely get the live stream anymore from holly
5) TLP.....That in it self should be number 1 sign. They keep adding more resources to new TLP servers and not regular live servers. Add a TLP server that you can just copy the game and just take away expansions and use it to bring in money without having to create new content. Every time they bring up a new TLP its a quick cash flow of money coming in.
6) Using the TLP cash cow to fund the new expansion creation.

Should I keep going? lol

I've done this with only my main. Other accounts I dont think it is worth it as I don't see this game lasting too long. I've seen too many signs that keep pointing to financial issues.

1) removal of expansion from key bug. They could of just ate the cost and made their customer happy and they didn't. they just pissed off their customers even more
2) Customer Service services are down to nothing which makes me think they don't have the money to support their customer base
4) Lack of communication from dev's and roshen. Very little information gets out about new features or updates to the game. We barely get the live stream anymore from holly
5) TLP.....That in it self should be number 1 sign. They keep adding more resources to new TLP servers and not regular live servers. Add a TLP server that you can just copy the game and just take away expansions and use it to bring in money without having to create new content. Every time they bring up a new TLP its a quick cash flow of money coming in.

Should I keep going? lol

This game has 5 + years left. As for funding expansions they dont need to. They have current devs who maintain the game create the expansions they rarely hire new people to work on it so they're paying these people regardless.

You mention all the bad things but why not mention the game has added 2-3 devs to its team in the last 6 months ? Why would they do that if it wasnt making money ?

As for the membership sale its posted on the site of every game not just EQ since it is all access.

My guess is this is aimed at all the accounts people keep f2p that will never sub but since its so cheap maybe they get these people to pay for a year. You lose some $ on the people who extend a year but you gain if you get new people who would never of paid before.

Should I keep going? lol

I thought it was a good deal for split second and decided against it on all my accounts (I'm saving $72 a year with free subs via Krono). The only accounts I go All-Access on are my war/puller and my 4 trader accounts.

I don't play more than 5-6 months out of the year and with subscriptions being FREE via Krono (i.e. let someone else pay for the Krono), it didn't make sense to me. I use about 6-7 Krono per year per account, so even if I had to pay for it it still comes out worse.

Now this might be a good deal if you actually play 12 months out of the year or are raiding 12 months out of the year, but otherwise I'd steer away and stick with Kronos if you play less than 9 months out of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

This game has 5 + years left. As for funding expansions they dont need to. They have current devs who maintain the game create the expansions they rarely hire new people to work on it so they're paying these people regardless.

You mention all the bad things but why not mention the game has added 2-3 devs to its team in the last 6 months ? Why would they do that if it wasnt making money ?

As for the membership sale its posted on the site of every game not just EQ since it is all access.

My guess is this is aimed at all the accounts people keep f2p that will never sub but since its so cheap maybe they get these people to pay for a year. You lose some $ on the people who extend a year but you gain if you get new people who would never of paid before.

I think its because Daybreak cooked the books for too long because of the Krono market. Subs via Krono are not being seeing on their accounting now, since people have horded Krono for so long. Yes, they get more money for a Krono sale, but in actuality they loose money over the year since you aren't locked into a full 12 months and can pay monthly via Krono whenever you feel like playing EQ. How much of the player population actually play all 12 months out of the year is the number I'd like to see.

there was a thread on reddit when smedley was still running things and he talked about EQ not comming down because everythings been paid for 120X times and their content team planned 6 or 7 expansions ahead?
i mean i smoke alot but eq stuff sticks in all of our brains

there was a thread on reddit when smedley was still running things and he talked about EQ not comming down because everythings been paid for 120X times and their content team planned 6 or 7 expansions ahead?
i mean i smoke alot but eq stuff sticks in all of our brains

When they released the 17th expansion they said the lore for the 25th one was already written.

I just splurged a bit for a couple of accounts. I won't be going any further down that rabbit hole, though.

Just can't make myself do it.

I've played since 1999, and lately I really fear for the health of my game.

That and, I didn't actually get around to trying quarm until after we had to nuke the TLP version of MQ2 because of idiots. Such a shame =*I

News - Membership sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back