• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Isbox and RG Compile? (1 Viewer)

Curious if you happen to have more info for what all you are running, process order in which you start the different programs etc.

I'm successfully using ISBoxer and RG's unmodified version of MQ2 with KissAssistVer=9.0.
I have been boxing 6 toons nightly grinding up some lower toons with a mix of my main boxes (2x DH HAs for Lesson burn then The Bokon High Council for Rare Collection Loots to sell)

Please provide a few more details.

Thank you,
~TheFiddler~

- - - Updated - - -

When are you experiencing the Crashes?
>When you Load MQ2? Where in the process are you loading MQ2?
>When you Start KA on your toons?
>Other?

My Process from Cold Boot:
Rich (BB code):
1) Run EQ Patcher
2) Start Inner Space [allows it to update without getting stopped by Character Loads]
3) Once EQ Patcher is done patching, CLOSE IT
4) MQ2
5) EQBCS
6) GINA
7) GamParse
8) Right Click Inner Space icon in Tray and select either my Main Team or individuals as I may need
9) Alternative to #8 - I open my Main Team via an icon on my Desktop instead

By The Way - I never start all my toons KA at the same time if we have a new version rollout. I find this can HARD LOCK all my toons and I have to kill the processes in the Task Manager and start over if I accidentally do that anymore.
I have to start one at a time initially with a new version rollout and after they take their time to setup the changes to their ini's I'm golden to start them all at the same time after that.

~TheFiddler~

Curious if you happen to have more info for what all you are running, process order in which you start the different programs etc.

I'm successfully using ISBoxer and RG's unmodified version of MQ2 with KissAssistVer=9.0.
I have been boxing 6 toons nightly grinding up some lower toons with a mix of my main boxes (2x DH HAs for Lesson burn then The Bokon High Council for Rare Collection Loots to sell)

Please provide a few more details.

Thank you,
~TheFiddler~

- - - Updated - - -

When are you experiencing the Crashes?
>When you Load MQ2? Where in the process are you loading MQ2?
>When you Start KA on your toons?
>Other?

My Process from Cold Boot:
Rich (BB code):
1) Run EQ Patcher
2) Start Inner Space [allows it to update without getting stopped by Character Loads]
3) Once EQ Patcher is done patching, CLOSE IT
4) MQ2
5) EQBCS
6) GINA
7) GamParse
8) Right Click Inner Space icon in Tray and select either my Main Team or individuals as I may need
9) Alternative to #8 - I open my Main Team via an icon on my Desktop instead

By The Way - I never start all my toons KA at the same time if we have a new version rollout. I find this can HARD LOCK all my toons and I have to kill the processes in the Task Manager and start over if I accidentally do that anymore.
I have to start one at a time initially with a new version rollout and after they take their time to setup the changes to their ini's I'm golden to start them all at the same time after that.

~TheFiddler~

Are you using any of the following:
MQ2Nav ==> Mostly this guy
MQ2Advpath ==> Seems better in latest build
MQ2Autologin ==> Seems better in latest build, now getting the memcheck errors even when using native EQ clients & WinEQ

Those are the things I've isolated my issues around.

Using ISBoxer with compile here and not crashing anymore than expected here. MQ2Nav crashes, don't have loaded like Tone said. I do have MQ2Advpath and MQ2Autologin both running and don't seem to have any issues with either of those. Occasional miss log in when I tell ISBoxer to load 18 toons... but that's not really on the plugin. LOL

MQ2Nav seems to be it.
Wondering why it's specific to this compile? MQ2Nav and Isboxer get along fine on the other compile.

It's unfortunate 'cause Kiss has problems with the other compile, so I use this one when I'm playing more "Hands off", which almost always means I'm using MQ2nav at this point. Guess I'll get better associated witi Advpath for now.

MQ2Nav seems to be it.
Wondering why it's specific to this compile? MQ2Nav and Isboxer get along fine on the other compile.

It's unfortunate 'cause Kiss has problems with the other compile, so I use this one when I'm playing more "Hands off", which almost always means I'm using MQ2nav at this point. Guess I'll get better associated witi Advpath for now.

Be grateful its been working for you up to now. A lot of us have abandoned MQ2Nav completely for a couple of reasons, ISBoxer being one of them.

Question - Isbox and RG Compile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back