• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Social for using AoN to pass through Locked Doors

RedCents
769¢
I have been using these keys setup on my toons for a while now and its been working great for me.
Your setup for this will vary due to where your AoN is located on your toon.

If you are not already familiar with the /useitem in game command, you can simply type /useitem in game to get a full listing of info. I have used this in a number of socials since they have implemented it and am really glad they have put this in the game. No MQ2 or Macro needed for this!

/useitem Usage
/useitem [Item#] [Slot#]

For /useitem command, 10 Bags are read
Top to Bottom and from Left to Right.
Reference the Pic Below for Bag [Item#]:

Bag-Map.jpg

For the [Slot#] portion of this command you will need to count Top to Bottom and from Left to Right in the same fashion as above starting with [0] so that a 20 slot bag will be numbered [0] to [19].

You will need to figure out what [Slot#] your AoN resides and not move it unless you plan to change the Social key as well.

Here Below are the Code Text and Image from one of my toons I use.
Rich (BB code):
DOOR
/pause 5, /useitem 23 20 # Bag 1, Slot 21 - AoN
/pause 1, /blockspell add me 581 # Block AoN
/pause 1, /blockspell remove me 581 # Unblock AoN

DOOR-Social.jpg

Another Reference

I hope this is useful for someone else as it has been useful for me.

Regards,
~TheFiddler~

P.S. Usage of the Pound Sign [#] in a Social was implemented a few years ago so that you can add a Note on each line. Again, I was very happy when they finally added something like this to the game. I simply have added a note on each line of my social above for my own understanding of what specifically I am doing with that line.

Last edited:
Man, This was great info just for the /useitem command to list the slot #'s (been using a note from an email for like FOREVER).
and the # to add a note will be SO useful when setting up to use AA#'s so you can remember what AA said number goes to....

Just goes to show you there is SO much stuff added to game (and MQ2) that we all forget, or gets hidden in the overflow of notes or that we miss becouse we were "gone that day" and skimmed the patch notes that we can all still learn and utilizes.

Just goes to show that even seemingly trivial stuff can add to someones personal experience, and enhance their play.

Thxs again TheFiddler.

Guide - Social for using AoN to pass through Locked Doors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back