• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How much real $$ to do pay for EQ monthly? (1 Viewer)

Jax

RedCents
418¢
I want to make sure my level of insanity is being matched and exceeded by others!

I'm now at 5 characters with all-access paid monthly, and probably going to add a 6th here shortly. Then of course I get impatient and have a few adult beverages and decide to buy some XP potions here and there... then of course gotta get TBM. Adds up a bit!

*sigh* I keep about 8 accts gold, might switch them around a bit depending on their AA grinding needs. I usually buy $9 krono from Hopeless instead of subscription. If I am using a vanity toon SC can get spendy (ornaments, mounts, house items etc) but luckily I got over that and only care about a few toons that way... TBM is my new nemesis post-keys...

Yeah... my SK, who I consider my "main" is a Drakkin (all my guys are) ... I don't care for his TBM group armor look at all so I'm probably going to actually put some ornamentation on him and make his armor all black like a proper SK should be. I'm hoping I can get a more plate-ish look, but I haven't messed with that yet.

Ok, so at least one other guys paying more than me. Hehe...

Yeah... my SK, who I consider my "main" is a Drakkin (all my guys are) ... I don't care for his TBM group armor look at all so I'm probably going to actually put some ornamentation on him and make his armor all black like a proper SK should be. I'm hoping I can get a more plate-ish look, but I haven't messed with that yet.

Ok, so at least one other guys paying more than me. Hehe...

armor dyes anyone? at least the color is right, if not the actual appearance. Drakkin plate armor look so lame, sigh.

I expect there are lots folks paying far more then just one group. I try my damdest to avoid paying anything and stay FTP... sometimes I think that is actually costing me more

Yea... I don't want to talk about it.
Just added up the July damage for EQ::

I've bought $300 worth of Krono for both Subscriptions & Plat
18 TBM Expansions
9 Heroic characters...
Spent some cash to deck out my warrior with all 32 slot bags

Ouch lmao...

Oh and ordered 64 gigs of ram to upgrade my computer to get another group stable on it :P

Damn you Everquest... you sucked me back in.

I have 8 all access accounts and every month my goal is to farm up at least 8 kronos

I have to play like this because if I start spending my real life earned money on EQ I can't stop myself

How do you guys run more then 12 clients on one pc btw ? My I7 is maxed out at 9 already while my videocards sits idle at 30% and i mean that in a bad way as i would have more FPS if it wasnt half asleep when i hit that 12 the account, bottleneck somewhere else in my system ? 24 GB of ram so that aint it either.

I have 8 all access accounts and every month my goal is to farm up at least 8 kronos

I have to play like this because if I start spending my real life earned money on EQ I can't stop myself

I have two full groups farming for plat to buy krono... Might need a more productive camp though, I'm waaaay off the beaten track but not as productive as probable need to be.

You're not crazy. Really 6 all access paid annually is 60$ a month. Where I live a new movie in theatres is 15 more if it's 3d avx with a date that's 30 then supper for two people is 50-100 if I go bowling instead of a movie it's more expensive.

You can find creative ways to farm Kronos but with 6 characters a month you're looking at 12 million plat. Now if you're playing live max out your aa and get some of them in ftp gear if you want to save money.

How do you guys run more then 12 clients on one pc btw ? My I7 is maxed out at 9 already while my videocards sits idle at 30% and i mean that in a bad way as i would have more FPS if it wasnt half asleep when i hit that 12 the account, bottleneck somewhere else in my system ? 24 GB of ram so that aint it either.

I run 18 regularly, and have up to 24. Part of it is sys specs, but ppl here using an i7 *coughRaz* have had some what, 40? You aint gonna do it without ISBoxer tho. Do a search for ISBoxer, there are a bunch of good threads on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is one good thread.

Its pretty much a break even or maybe come out a bit ahead. I typically spend all the donations on Expansions, and bank all the krono and slowly let it dwindle down. When it starts getting low you'll start seeing me come out with strategy posts (camp spots), how to posts, and macros to refill the coffers. Redguides pretty much covers it all as long as I keep up on the my contributions to it ;)

Its pretty much a break even or maybe come out a bit ahead. I typically spend all the donations on Expansions, and bank all the krono and slowly let it dwindle down. When it starts getting low you'll start seeing me come out with strategy posts (camp spots), how to posts, and macros to refill the coffers. Redguides pretty much covers it all as long as I keep up on the my contributions to it ;)

This fuckin guy.... Lmao long time no see.

I run 18 regularly, and have up to 24. Part of it is sys specs, but ppl here using an i7 *coughRaz* have had some what, 40? You aint gonna do it without ISBoxer tho. Do a search for ISBoxer, there are a bunch of good threads on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is one good thread.

You don't need isboxer when you use MQ2. Just use MQ2FPS and viewport to bring CPU usage on inactive screens to 1-2%

You don't need isboxer when you use MQ2. Just use MQ2FPS and viewport to bring CPU usage on inactive screens to 1-2%

It is certainly debatable, and there are many (myself included) that disagree. I have run my 18 with and without IS (w/viewport) and IS makes it better. Raz would tell you that there is no way in hell you gonna run 40 without it.

This fuckin guy.... Lmao long time no see.

Lol, Good to see you back on Tone! For those that don't know... Tone was one of the original fully automated macro authors, and wrote or heavy modified the tipt fully automated macro for bards ;) I can't tell you how many characters I maxed out having a bard kill the ghost mobs in that instance.

Consequently, Its one of the first bans I received when I "optimized" his macro by using warp... Yes GMs do pop into instanced zones as I found out in 2006 ;)

Lol, Good to see you back on Tone! For those that don't know... Tone was one of the original fully automated macro authors, and wrote or heavy modified the tipt fully automated macro for bards ;) I can't tell you how many characters I maxed out having a bard kill the ghost mobs in that instance.

Consequently, Its one of the first bans I received when I "optimized" his macro by using warp... Yes GMs do pop into instanced zones as I found out in 2006 ;)

It was Vxed, but who's counting :)

I am nowhere near Razkle or william12, but I let EQ pay for itself.

Compared to other hobbies, EQ is still an inexpensive choice.

You can run 16 instances with a crappy old AMD B50 (Athlon II x3 unlocked to Phenom x4) and AMD 5770. All you need is 16GB or RAM and optimized settings (see threads here on Redguides).

That said 12 instances is the optimum to get acceptable performance.

Try this thread for starters: http://www.redguides.com/community/...while-boxing-multiple-toons-(lets-share-info)

- - - Updated - - -

Here is one good thread.

I do use isboxer, thats why i find it so odd that my I7 can get maxed out by 9 instances of EQ

what william12 said you need to use MQ2FPS or just make small viewports yourself for those characters which are not primary.

Also in advanced Display Options set Max.Background FPS -> Min.CPU this is the big one, there are other changes(see thread I posted) to optimize but this helps the most.

On one Haswell i5-4590 computer with 16GB RAM, integrated GPU, I was maxing at around 10 too until this change.

After change -> 16 instances no problem from the CPU, but occasionally one or two instances would crash. Crash possibly because of the integrated GPU.

The vxed macro always got me killed, tried many times but always died.
if you run minimal settings for each instance of eq you need 500mb plus an additional 10% per instance, so ie 500+50 if running 700mb would need 700+70, the extra ram is for zoning for each toon, if you dont have that pad you will crash toons everytime you zone. Pre SoF era you didnt need the padding of ram, with 10g of ram i could load 8 toons full settings, around 1200mb per instance and could run flawless, post sof same setting and i would crash everytime i zoned, thats when i found that i needed a padding of ram per instance.

I pay for 3 gold subs, a raiding zerker, a bot raid geared warrior, and a second raid geared warrior. I then farm to get a krono or 2 for the rest of my bot grp to get aa's. Currently have 3 warriors, 1 shammy, 2 clerics, a mage, a wizard, 1 chanter, 2 zerkers, a monk, 3 rogues.

I recently bumped my main box to 64 gigs. I'm running 30 instances and using ~37% of my RAM. I have a 4gig 980 video card. Wonder at which point GPU matters. I think I could get 60 clients stable if I wanted. Tested 36 and 42 without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EQ live servers are going to be true box at some point. You heard it here first.

Way too much money to be lost. There is no way =p

Anyhow, currently paying for 12 active accounts on TLP servers. I pay them for a year in full generally, to save money, otherwise I buy cheap krono.
Then the subscription fee's for this site every other month or so, and that other site. Sub fee oN magelo as well.

Majority of the time the game is a profit for me. Most toons are FTP besides only a selected few but I make more money selling Hate raid loot than anything else.

I have decided to use krono on my crew of 6 for at least 7 months... that way I spread the cost of any new expansion on them... seeing as we can now buy the new expansions for SC in DBG Store (a least that's what I am hoping for).

My main I just pay $99 per year for... but am stupid for collectors expansions.... last one was stupidly overpriced, I knew it, but still paid it. So I spent $250 on him in the last year. I can no longer afford magelo and RG now gets that money.

Question - How much real $$ to do pay for EQ monthly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back