• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Request - List of AOE items to use for DS PL'n. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
408¢
Hi all... I've bounced around through various threads looking for options to DS PL'n toons. I'm not very experienced in PL'n vis DS but was messing with it recently. I'm looking to make a list of Pot's, and items use for the PL'd toon to do damage to the swarms. Please share and I'll try to edit this thread and compile into a listing for everyone.

Thanks,

Rustycat

Only need 1 damage :) (for PL'n)

Frankly, I'm about to start PL'ing a beastlord (I'm tired of TBM zonewide rare weapons rotting) and a Pally (splash, whaaaa??). I may also do another wizard, but that's up in the air.

To do that I'm going to also start a lvl 1 bard and bring them all up at the same time. I figure staying within 5 levels of the PL'ees will let the bard ae damage songs hit all the massive trains I'm looking to pull, and it lets me not worry about getting oil of fennin ro (expensive when doing this a lot).

I usually always use a level 1 Bard + Whatever class I want to level for low level powerleving...

I use a Shadow Knight with a Zlandicar Heart as the power leveler (No Riposte this way)... Then I bring my Druid/Bard/Enchanter for buffs and away I go.

Yea, I've never done it that way before, but now that I've been thinking through it I'm going to use EQBC liberally to automate everything and allow me to just run my SK around pulling huge trains. I have a 105 bard that can easily be pulled into the instance to pump the DS's higher when the little PL'ees are higher lvl and the mobs I'm killing have more hps.

I just use my mage and his cleric merc...
When pulling with a SK, you end up with huge lag and mobs do the warp dance when you get a decent train following you.
However, when you use a mage pet for the initial tag and then run around tagging everything with a throwing dagger you can pull a much larger train without the warp dance...until you fade your pet.
The instant that you fade your pet the warp dance takes effect and since your merc healed the pet and you, when you fade your merc now has all the aggro and will just stand there healing himself.
Give him 30 seconds to lock the aggro.
I have a macro somewhere that takes inventory of all mobs in a 50 foot radius and tags them each with Throw Stone. (since you and your pet faded, the damage you did with your daggers is nullified.)
Now damage shield the merc heavily.
5 levels a pull is a fairly easy goal up to 75 or 80. The wolves, cats, and bears in Icefall work great... higher than that it's best to have an extra toon in the mage group with a healer merc on efficient or balanced to keep the main healer merc up.

wirlin intriguing technique!

How do you tag with a mage pet though without doing dmg to the mob?

That is your pet is liable to single shot most mobs until 65 or so.

And how do you tag with the throwing daggers? Using your mage?

I remember wizard flux stuff fondly it was amazing for tagging on the run. Havent found anything else as useful for tagging for other classes.

How do you tag with a mage pet though without doing dmg to the mob?

That is your pet is liable to single shot most mobs until 65 or so.

And how do you tag with the throwing daggers? Using your mage?

He mentioned that when he fades off the agro onto his cleric merc (and has his pet fade it off, as well) the agro/damage resets, which means his lowbies with the Throw Stone ability can pwn shit and get all the experience. It's an interesting technique, and avoids the issue with using bard AE songs on mobs that are too high for it to reliably land.

The only issue I've had with the Throw Stone hitallmobs macro is it always seemed to miss mobs. Also, it's slow to cycle through all the mobs because of the refresh on the ability.

Request - List of AOE items to use for DS PL'n.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back