• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returntocamp and leashing (1 Viewer)

Sum1

Warriors are inferior (read: crybaby) tanks
RedCents
5,372¢
Hey all,

I was wondering if someone has a good strategy for making your toons pull back to a specific spot after a fight. I'm camping in very tight quarters and trying to limit how far away my toons get from this little corner I stick them in. I'm using KISSASSIST, MQ2Bot, and a custom macro for zerkers (dev's) in my team. I understand (and use) the returntocamp=1 from the KA files, but it doesn't always work. I'm assuming its because the toons haven't gotten far enough from the spot where I started the macro to trigger the return. Is there a way to make the leash shorter without having to make my camp radius smaller? My concern with making my campradius=30 any small is I'm worried my melee toons won't engage if the campradius is too small.

Also, the reason I mentioned my use of mq2bot and the custom zerker macro is I'm hoping there's a plugin-based solution instead of just something I can fiddle with in KA. I use /makecamp on and /makecamp off, but perhaps I need to change some leash value that I'm unaware of?

Thanks much for any assistance!

If you have a toon that doesn't move out of his/her spot and can use downs, and you are using EQBC, you could possibly use a set of downs using /multiline to work this.

So one would call /
Rich (BB code):
downshit1= /if (!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}) /multiline ; /bcg //moveto ${Me.X} ${Me.Y} ; /melee downshit2=1 ; /melee downshit1=0

downshit2=/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}) /multiline ;  /melee downshit1=1 ; /melee downshit2=0
The 1st would basically Tell your group at the end of combat to move to that loc, turn on downshit2 and turn off downshit1
The 2nd would turn downshit1 back on and downshit2 back off when you are again in combat.

Add whatever other conditions you wish and/or put the actual loc in and do a bcga instead.

Could also use an event, but thats beyond me yet.

If you are in a zone where MQ2Navigation works, you can just make a waypoint (/nav recordwaypoint camp) and return to that waypoint (/nav waypoint camp). That will stack your guys close even if they get out in some weird obstacles.

If you are in a zone where MQ2Navigation works, you can just make a waypoint (/nav recordwaypoint camp) and return to that waypoint (/nav waypoint camp). That will stack your guys close even if they get out in some weird obstacles.

Sounds like something I could call from a shit, as well. Thanks, guys!

If you have a toon that doesn't move out of his/her spot and can use downs, and you are using EQBC, you could possibly use a set of downs using /multiline to work this.

So one would call /
Rich (BB code):
downshit1= /if (!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}) /multiline ; /bcg //moveto ${Me.X} ${Me.Y} ; /melee downshit2=1 ; /melee downshit1=0

downshit2=/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}) /multiline ;  /melee downshit1=1 ; /melee downshit2=0
The 1st would basically Tell your group at the end of combat to move to that loc, turn on downshit2 and turn off downshit1
The 2nd would turn downshit1 back on and downshit2 back off when you are again in combat.

Add whatever other conditions you wish and/or put the actual loc in and do a bcga instead.

Could also use an event, but thats beyond me yet.

That is bloody awesome! I never realized I could turn on and off the shits from other shits, just never occurred to me. This is a very clever solution and should work for a multitude of purposes. I too have always been wary of making campradius too small for the reason Sum1 mentioned (may not engage inc mobs). Furthermore, although I use /makecamp on troublesome toons, sometimes it turns off if beyond some leash distance (just like KA does). Hardcoding the loc in a shit is something I will try for those cramped spots where either there just isn't room to not be at an exact spot, or, if outside an exact spot will aggro adds.

You see this da Man? This might be the solution you were looking for in your named camp.

Question - Returntocamp and leashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back