• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Couple questions that I think I know the answers to already (1 Viewer)

RedCents
408¢
While I never seem to have time to stop lately, I'm always thinking of "things". One of those things I came up with was a macro to write or remove your current characters information to your mq2autologin.ini file for you. I've currently set up multiple computers using ISBoxer for example with 18 instances. At any given time, I'm looking to have at least 6-12 of them loaded on start up and the other 6 rotating about as you PL or move groups around etc. Being able to add and remove them from your login file was something that appealed to me with something like this:

/mac autologinadd.mac <password for character> or /mac autologinadd.mac remove

To do this, the struggles are first, can mq2 determine the path on your computer typically unique to everyone automatically or do you have manually configure it elsehwere. And second, can mq2 pull your login name for the current session you're running the macro on. The PW aspect would be required to type in so not to save anywhere else other than where you would anyone in the autologin.ini. I wrapped my head around this a bit and don't see it possible.

Side note, this brought up an idea for a ini or inc file that some information could maintain things like MQ2 path, EQ path, General Video file settings desired etc. that can be maintained within the macro folder so other a variety of other functionality could be had between top level folders and such. Things like being able to read and right to a zone path file for a task macro or the like maybe. Just thinking.

I'm in a similar situation... I'd love to be able to login the same two toons (tank/cleric) and then rotate, as needed, through the other four slots. Last night the solution I decided to try was to make one ISboxer character set with all nine possible toons, and then only actually complete the logins for the ones I want to play. Good part about that is I can keep the window locations consistent 100% of the time, but bad part is it sucks to have 9 windows loading when I only want to play 6 toons.

Side question.... can I setup autologin to log all my accounts in to the character select screen while using ISboxer? If so, that would be super helpful... I don't need it to select a toon, but just get me to the point where I can select what I want.

PM me a reminder when I get home. I use ISBoxer typically with 18 sessions that load. I have like 6 configurations to mix and match the various teams. You can use autologin with ISBoxer for the core teams you want to auto load and not on the others but you need to be sure you delay between loading sessions accordingly for your computers abilities to load them all.

What I do is I use batch files to fire up my teams. I have 1 autologin file for my 18 and have them all on 1 ISBoxer team. I rarely want to play more than 12 at a time anyways and sometimes I want to mix and match whoever I want.

Rich (BB code):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe" run isboxer -launchslot "18 flat" 1

Will launch the first slot in my ISBoxer profile named "18 flat".

I have never got IS to log me all the way in. How do you set it up to enter the PW? When creating their logins, there isn't a place to put in the PW. It has always just got me to the login screen.

I have used WinEQ to log all the way in, in the past, and have MQ2AutoLogin working well. I have always wondered if the way I have some ini set (like for WinEQ) is preventing IS from logging me in.

I never had a problem getting it to work. My ini looks like this. Replace my info with yours.

Rich (BB code):
[Settings] 
KickActiveCharacter=1
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
WinTitle=EverQuest -
IniLocation=C:\MacroQuest2\MQ2AutoLogin.ini
KickActiveTrader=1
Debug=1
UseAuth=0

[stationname1] 
StationName=stationname1
Password=password1
Server=drinal
Character=Toon1

[stationname2] 
StationName=stationname2
Password=password2
Server=drinal
Character=Toon2

Here's the format you should have in your mq2autologin.ini file:

Rich (BB code):
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=C:\Everquest\

[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1

[FirstAccLogin]
Password=FirsAccPW
Server=zek
Character=IntendedCharName

[SecondAccLogin]
Password=SecondAccPW
Server=zek
Character=AnotherCharname

The issue is you need a long enough delay between the ISBoxer loading that your computer can keep up with the bottleneck loads that EQ has. At the point the character is selected and loading in the world, it essentially takes the resources needed from your processor and ram and monopolizes that. What happens is if you just leave 1 second delay, about the time you hit the fourth session, you now are waiting on resources held by the previous sessions and it can't put the proper input for the current session before the next one has started and got in place. Start with a delay of like 20-40 seconds between launching sessions. You might have to do it a few times to get the sweet spot for your computer. One of my systems has 60 seconds between sessions. I start it, tell it to do it's thing and go about my business. Then I return awhile later and it's all loaded up for me. Hope that helps!

1) Some of my account names have dashes or underlines, and I see the first part in the accountname box. Perhaps enclose them in quotes?

2) Do I have to choose between IS and MQ2AutoLogin? I heard that I should entirely remove the UseMQ2Login=1, I've also heard simply setting it to UseMQ2Login=0 will work. But, that means I can't use MQ2AutoLogin. I have some toons on IS and some on MQ2AL, can I have it both ways?

Tia

If you're using ISBoxer or WinEQ, you shouldn't really be "mixing" them with the MQ2Login. I've already been using ISBoxer after updating to it from using WinEQ. I do not know if MQ2Login uses the same format for the autologin ini file or not, so can't answer that. I would however suggest against the "mixing" of using the two at the same time. The point of using something like ISBoxer is to better manage the programs with your computer resources. Loading something outside say ISBoxer is pulling that streamline format apart and defeats part of the point. If you're using ISBoxer, then use ISBoxer is my recommendation but maybe I'm wrong. idk. :)

I certainly agree, but I have a number of one off toons that don't warrant an IS setup, and frankly, IS isn't as quick and dirty as MQ2AL, the reason why some are still not on IS. I guess I could simply use the bypassed/patchme eqgame to load those one offs. I have to admit, I am defeating the purpose by using something outside of IS while running IS, by what degree is unknown, but makes me wonder for sure...

Any ideas on the accountnames that have dashes or underlines? I certainly wont do that again, and they are real old verteran accts.

Thx Rusty!

I think you may be confusing MQ2Autologin with the new MQ2Login. While they do accomplish the same thing... MQ2AutoLogin I believe is what Rusty is saying you need to use in conjunction with ISB.

I do not use IS, but I do use winEQ, which for the purpose of this discussion I believe is going to amount to the same thing. With MQ2AutoLogin properly set up, when you start a profile in winEQ (which pre loads the account name, as it makes a separate EQ login profile per winEQ profile ) MQ2AutoLogin recognizes the account name, and loaded the appropriate password, clicks stuff and then loads the listed toon name.

Or of course, I may be totally misundestanding how MQ2login works! heh.

As for the dash/underline... no clue there.

Thx all! I have taken the plunge and now ALL toons are on IS, even the youngins, and one offs (like occasional traders). It is working, AND logging me all the way in. IS has never done that for me.

I am using UseMQ2Login=0 in the MQ2AutoLogin.INI and have a [section] for each account, FYI for anyone who might struggle with this.

AND, it is handling the dashes and underlines...

Thx again!

just to toss this out incase it is helpful...

MQ2Autologin only loads the toon name listed exactly on the appropriate line. I know... you will be like "Duh... that is what it is suppose to do!" but hang on...

If you are like me and have multiple toons on each account, it can be annoying editing the MQ2AutoLogin.ini file to reflect the toon you want to use today, and may get a toon name mispelled or fatfinger something upon ocassion. What I have done eventually is set up my INI to look like

Rich (BB code):
[FirstAccLogin]
Password=FirsAccPW
Server=zek
Toon1
Toon2
Toon3
Toon4
Toon5
Toon6

The plugin wont be bothered with the extra information there. And it makes it easy to cut N paste the toon you want to change it to... AND keep track of which toons are on which account.

--------------------------
Hopefully that came out like I intended it to say... wife's spawn of satan (cats) are doing a marathon around the house and I am only somewhat awake. Trying to decide if teriyaki or barb-b-que sauce would be best when serving cat...

I plan on leaving the "character" section blank so that the account logs in but I get to choose the toon that loads. There are a couple of accounts where I'd be swapping different characters depending on what I'm doing, and I like that flexibility.

just to toss this out incase it is helpful...

MQ2Autologin only loads the toon name listed exactly on the appropriate line. I know... you will be like "Duh... that is what it is suppose to do!" but hang on...

If you are like me and have multiple toons on each account, it can be annoying editing the MQ2AutoLogin.ini file to reflect the toon you want to use today, and may get a toon name mispelled or fatfinger something upon ocassion. What I have done eventually is set up my INI to look like

Rich (BB code):
[FirstAccLogin]
Password=FirsAccPW
Server=zek
Toon1
Toon2
Toon3
Toon4
Toon5
Toon6

The plugin wont be bothered with the extra information there. And it makes it easy to cut N paste the toon you want to change it to... AND keep track of which toons are on which account.

--------------------------
Hopefully that came out like I intended it to say... wife's spawn of satan (cats) are doing a marathon around the house and I am only somewhat awake. Trying to decide if teriyaki or barb-b-que sauce would be best when serving cat...

I do something similar to this.
I use the semi-colon to comment out the characters.
Rich (BB code):
[FirstAccLogin]
Password=FirsAccPW
Server=zek
;Character=Toon1
;Character=Toon2
;Character=Toon3

This way, I only have to delete and add a semi-colon to get the toon I want.

Question - Couple questions that I think I know the answers to already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back