• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Progresion servers? (1 Viewer)

Hapkidokid

RedCents
50¢
I've been away for a little while... I know that Ragefire is pretty much boxed and not much action there... Lockjaw used to be the go to... Now Phinigel is around? Which server is best to go to at the moment?

depends on what you want to get out of it...

RF is meh cause of the box armies. If that is what you want to have, you will fit right in.

LJ has less of them, but only cause they get harassed less on RF

Phinny ( till now) was hands off MQwise. There is a new watered down version of MQ you can use that is severly limited to basically just some "quality of life" improvements, but no "cheats"

I agree with Supreme Lord Warl0ck45. Playing both on RF and LJ and bored to death of the content already. RF has 3 end game raid guilds. 2 of them are real people guilds and 1 of them is a box guild where most people box at least 12 at raids and some bring 24 to 30.
LJ has a couple end raid guilds and some serious box crews. I've seen some people boxing 40+ toons. The population is much less on LJ and seems more laid back in chat activity.

Phinny takes forever to level! I used to like to pride myself as a grinder, but apparently I have grown soft!

On Phinny I found 1-50 went super fast. But once 50 hit it slowed right down. The grind can get tedious, but if you're a social person it's a great way to meet and socialize with people. There are a fair amount of people who 2 or 3 box. But not usually more than that

I have been having a blast on Phinny. It is kinda slow leveling but gives people time to meet some folks as well.

I haven't tried RF or LJ though so have nothing to compare to.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I will never play EQ without MQ so Phinny isn't it for me.
Also the part I like about EQ least is leveling.. so again no thank you Phinny. XP rate is horrendous.

From what I hear is LJ is just a slightly less populated version of Ragefire.

Ragefire has 2 guilds that have beaten everything, and 1 up and coming guild that has killed all but Vulak/Veymm I believe.
There is a 4th guild that has been building and does smaller style raids like HoT farming and smaller dragons.

The population is low right now due to literally over a year at the level 60 cap. Luclin should spruce things up a bit.

You're not going to find much at the lower level group game, until luclin when a surge of new cats pounce up.

Most people box to some degree. 2-3 is very common, plenty box 6 and there are a good bunch of 12 boxers. Very few do more than 12, and those that do generally share accounts with other boxers. There are only 2 or 3 "Mega Boxers" on the server, the 20+ toon guys, and they are all more or less friends who hook up to do raids occasionally. They've gotten Vulak twice now I believe.

The days of "oh muh godz! Evil boxers ruining muh Gamez" are long gone. I've not come across those types of people In a long while or even a boxer holding down a premium camp for an unreasonable amount of time. It's all very tame now. Everyone gets along.

@nyghteyes Talk to Darkwind about waking the sleeper on Ragefire. It happened fast. I believe they were the only guild that could even get that deep in ST at the time they woke the sleeper.

@nyghteyes Talk to Darkwind about waking the sleeper on Ragefire. It happened fast. I believe they were the only guild that could even get that deep in ST at the time they woke the sleeper.

The only reason they awakened the Sleeper was to screw over the rest of the server. They had nothing to gain by doing it.

The only reason they awakened the Sleeper was to screw over the rest of the server. They had nothing to gain by doing it.

Debatable. Some of the more aggressive Euro raid leaders (who are all on Phinny now) wanted it to dick over Tempus, because the 2 guilds had bad blood from Kunark. The actual reason it was decided to wake sleeper, was because the loot in Sleeper 2.0 is superior. The only thing really lost from 1.0 is the monk robe, and Rogue dagger. No one needs' a SoD in today's EQ, it's purely nostalgia. Gnome mask can be lamented, but Dwarves are superior (YEAH I WENT THERE! BRING IT).

Now unfortunately after the Sleeper was awoken, the GM's decided to nerf Sleeper 2.0 quest items by removing them, leaving Darkwind with it's foot in it's mouth. Unfortunate for all. But yeah it didn't look good for DW.

Question - Progresion servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back