• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - An addon system for Phinigel & Quarm (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,670¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Meet "Very Vanilla Truebox", a tame addon system for the Phinigel and Quarm servers. It makes Everquest more fun without giving players a competitive advantage.

truebox.png

We've listened to the EQ community at large (not just the macroquest scene), and eqmule has limited MQ2 functionality to a degree that everyone is happy with. The goal is to act like a basic addon system, similar to WoW.

Many MQ2 features have been disabled, including:

• All macros disabled, e.g. KissAssist.
  • /target doesn't work on mobs that are out of LOS.
  • Most plugins disabled, including MQ2Map.
  • /who doesn't give any hidden details on players in the zone.

Don't think of this as MQ2, but an addon system for a modern MMO. Enjoy advanced logging features, MQ2Melee and /stick commands, and MQ2Autoaccept to make EQ more fun without gaining an advantage over others.

Whitelisted plugins:

If you want to give it a try, grab the installer here:
http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/36526-Very-Vanilla-MQ2-Installer-(start-here)

Last edited:
Will this be safe on phinigel? I know eqmule has been kind of helping DBG with their truebox but blatantly allowing eqbc seems to go against the idea of truebox? Those of us with multiple computers can now broadcast cast commands via eqbc and use flags via mq2melee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will this be safe on phinigel? I know eqmule has been kind of helping DBG with their truebox but blatantly allowing eqbc seems to go against the idea of truebox? Those of us with multiple computers can now broadcast cast commands via eqbc and use flags via mq2melee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could broadcast cast commands to other computers using isboxer before.
This isn't going to break anything, it's utility only, you can't run macros, I'm not even sure mq2melee flags work, we can revisit this if someone finds stuff that can be done that isboxer can't do.

Ya but they actively scanned for isboxer and d/c'd you, they've been against broadcasting. I've seen people on phinigel skip suspensions and go straight to ban for being watched broadcasting with other programs while 6 boxing, so this will be very very interesting since you can just buy pc's for $99 and eqbc them up. I would imagine with mq2melee flags you can just say /if ${spawn.named[name here]} /pet attack and turn that flag on then add one to summon pet if he dies brb afk farming mages.

I mean hell, use showeq proximity alarm, setup a social with bct/bcga /if statements and then use programmable keyboard/mouse software to repeater press that social to broadcast if statements and afk farm.

Not to sound unappreciative, this is very awesome, just going to wait and see what happens to the guinea pigs and if dbg enforces no broadcasting.

Not that secrecy is even possible in our age, but it's already out all over the place that this exists.

That's good, we want people to use it.

If there's a feature that players are abusing and the community complains, eqmule can remove it.

If you state a good case for a plugin and there's not any pushback, I'm sure eqmule will consider it for the whitelist.

yeah most of us figured that out the first week, even if you single box with isboxer you get disconnected :D

maybe with isboxer but plenty of other broadcasting software works fine.

Been using hotketnet since day one

ps, thanks eqmule/RG for this. will have a bit of a play around on some of my box's

If you state a good case for a plugin and there's not any pushback, I'm sure eqmule will consider it for the whitelist.

Considering something like MQ2Forage. I know there's other plugins that makes it possible to do automated abilities too, that potentially could be enabled as well.

I don't see much difference to this, than having automated combat abilities through MQ2melee. It's all for convenience.

There's one argument against it. Someone can leave their pc running over night and forage up items, which are forage only.. However people are already doing that with macro keyboards/mouse & key recorders, so it won't really make much of a difference

Last edited:
That isn't the case on Phinigel from what I remember. /useitem only works on items you are wearing or outside of bags in a main inventory slot. I believe they tied using items inside a bag to an expansion unlock.

For quarm/phinigel:

You CAN do /useitem <name of item> and it will cast the clicky on it.

More clarification from eqmule:

The macro engine is disabled therefor there is no such thing as an /if statement.
there is no map.
There is no /who to display who is in a zone.
I don't see a single point of automation being possible unless you are at the keyboard clicking away.
Let's not start any unfound rumors of the evilness of "the program" it's barely been out a day and we are still testing it and if any unforeseen side effects still remain that allow people to gain an unfair advantage they will be removed.
I'm sure this thread will get locked but I hope my post stays for future reference.
You CAN click on your targets name in the target window and if you have something on your cursor it will open a trade.
You CAN do /useitem <name of item> and it will cast the clicky on it.
You can type /cast <name of some spell> And it will cast it.
Those are some examples that in no way are cheating, just utility.
You CAN NOT see all the mobs in a zone.
You CAN NOT target mobs that are not within line of sight.
You CAN NOT run any macros or afk automate anything at all.
This might have the same name as the "Program" but there are more differences than likenesses.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ow-allowing-phinigel-dbg.234102/#post-3452911

If someone has a legit complaint that's fine, all I see now are false rumors and fear.

re-subbing just because of this! I can now Backstab and talk in group ... my fingers will be ever greatfull

Has anyone even tested true box mode? Does mq2melee even work? Since it uses the script language and all those commands are unavailable I can't see that it would work well at all, but I'd like to hear from people how overpowered they are now that they have this extremely powerful version of mq2 at their disposal (sarcasm)

So far only 7 people have the compile, so my guess is no.

But if you listen to the eq forum rumors, hundreds of people have it and are using it to ghostkill raid bosses

heh, I like the monk tracking comment. I used to hear about my cleric tracking ability.... from folks who apparently never heard of learning a camp and having a timer. Makes me wonder about how they are detecting IS.... I have never used it myself but I didn't think it altered the EXE any.

Course this means DBG is gonna be getting gigs of video "proving" hundreds of folks are MQing.

So far only 7 people have the compile, so my guess is no.

But if you listen to the eq forum rumors, hundreds of people have it and are using it to ghostkill raid bosses

I picked up the compile, but I haven't had time to try it out. Just having EQBC and /stick is a game changer for me. I prefer Ragefire all the same though. I work 30 hours a week and I'm a full time student, again. I don't have time for phini's time commitment. More curious than anything else.

i have had a play around with it at a very basic level. just baseline melee is working fine which is a godsend, no longer have to pay attention to my melee box's its literally just assist and away they go.

this is good

Can't see anywhere that mentions it. So have DBG actually approved this? Don't want to get banned across my accounts trying it out..

Has anyone even tested true box mode? Does mq2melee even work? Since it uses the script language and all those commands are unavailable I can't see that it would work well at all, but I'd like to hear from people how overpowered they are now that they have this extremely powerful version of mq2 at their disposal (sarcasm)

I downloaded the new complie, but honestly, I just don't really care about Phini. I logged 2 characters on today, got them together, then was like fk this, going back to ragefire. So many people on phini are the people that complained and cried and bitched non-stop. They're the people who want everything handed to them and think they deserve to have everything. If you look at the forums, and read what some of these idiots say, some of them post things in one thread saying 'yeah I'm level 30 and can't get a group', then in the next thread they're complaining about what their buddy told them about the raid situation, like they have any fkin clue about what's really going on.

They're the same people who where complaining on ragefire and after 4 months of Kunark couldn't go from 50 to 60. They're the same people who complained about boxers in PoHate taking all their GEARZ, yet they ported into hate solo, and where trying to get a group. You don't DESERVE to just have all the items handed to you just because you hit 46 and could zone in.

/rantfuckphini

Oh, I might try out Quarm if I get a little more free time, but probably not.

Not sure how I feel about the /target at the moment. My heal buttons are /target TheTank /cast 4 for CH, but with this running if the PC is behind a corner or something. It doesn't work because he is out of LOS. Don't think there should be a LOS check for PCs. As it stands its probably a lot worse than the EQ /target at the moment because you could also /target npcs not in LOS within a certain range on the default /target.

News - An addon system for Phinigel & Quarm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back