• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - A simple break down of the current ban / undone expansion issue (1 Viewer)

Coinstop

BANNED
RedCents
1,149¢
So DBG is at it again!
Yay! /wrist

TL;DR

If you have an account that was paid for with cash - Youre FINE.

If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key and no cheap heroic keys - They removed the expansions.

If you have an account that had a cheap expansion key + cheap heroic key + No active Gold time - They BANNED your account.

The question is, will they undo this MASSIVE screw up a second time?

Side note:
When you put the expansion on an account when your character got reset to 100 - It puts you back to 105!
Good news at least!

MORE good news: Seems my "banned" accounts are now unlocking themselves - no petition needed....

Last edited:
Maybe, but I can confirm on my 15 accounts and my close friends 20 that this is the case.
Any of our old accounts that were paid for with cash are fine.
Our newer accounts that had a cheap expansion but no heroic character have the expansion removed,
Our newer accounts that have cheap expansions and cheap heroic key is banned.
Across all 35.

I have at least 2 accts that are cheap TBM & cheap heroic that I can still login with (at least for now).

they are currently burning a Krono so possibly that either all-access saved them from the banwave or it just hasn't got there yet.

If active membership is a part of it that would make sense - All of my listed banned ones were all out of Gold time.
Good observation drcrimzon

i'm not seeing any rhyme to it as I have accounts that had both heroic and tbm keys and they are banned but then some of them which came from the same batch just have expan removed and char de level. no gold on them at all

A bit more, my account that is still good has the following:
Gold/all access from krono
Verified email, sq set, account from 2004ish with prior xpac purchases. Old cc on file
Just checked, still good. Seems that heroic accounts were banned consistently, trying to come up with something different between those gold that did not make it.

damn... and I thought I was having a tough time just trying to log in... got bounced off the server 3-4 times per account from the patcher traffic, heh.

Thankfully everything seems fine for me though. Just logged in enough to set up traders and scoot =)

Account banned is now unlocked and stripped to 20/22 expansions!

I had filed a petition but no reply and is still open, person on other thread had same result with no petition.

Happy news all - They are unbanning the banned accounts.
Most of mine are all set , though Ive dropped about $350 already on rebuying xpacs ;[

Your just wasting your money when you have to buy the expansion again in a few months.

You have been Duped again!! Congrats

Your just wasting your money when you have to buy the expansion again in a few months.

You have been Duped again!! Congrats

Yeah thats a good point TBH ='[
Is what it is though, I never really paid for it in the first place at $5 a pop on the cheap keys;P

So.... the question is, did someone jump the gun and disable Heroics early and they just rolled back due to no email ready? I am reluctant to add an expansion to a heroic account givin the cluster f this has been so far. I dont think they would write the script to disable heroics if it wasnt coming.

I'm dumping all my gear to a clean account, just in case. I can lose the characters. It'll be a bummer, but I'll live if they do. The gear on the other hand, I'd be devistated.

The latest rumor is that if you were an all access member, bought a krono from DBG, or bought an xpac through DBG, BUT, you used a heroic code = No ban....Yet.

Still dumping everything just in case.

Last edited:
Yeah thats partially why I was so fast to put fresh TBMs on all of my accounts. Hoping thats a saving grace for my heroic toons.
Good luck with it everyone.

considering it took them days to unban everyone last time, I am doing nothing for a few days, I want to see how this shakes out.

But in the meantime, as before go to DBG and voice your displeasure so that we can get the word out!

How many can verify that buying TBM from DBG bumps you back to 105?

My testing so far:

• PA TBM+Heroic -> Downgraded from 105 to 100
  • PA TBM+Heroic + Krono All Access -> Downgraded from 105 to 100
  • PA Heroic only -> still 100 no change

I do not think I have the energy to move the gear around anymore...how Raz does it I do not know

I can verify that all 3 of my 105's that were degraded to 100, were restored to 105 with all their AA's immediately after buying TBM from Station Cash this evening. My other 3 105's were never affected, they had bought TBM thru SC sometime early in the year.

I can verify that all 3 of my 105's that were degraded to 100, were restored to 105 with all their AA's immediately after buying TBM from Station Cash this evening. My other 3 105's were never affected, they had bought TBM thru SC sometime early in the year.

You keep saying you bought it with Station Cash but I don't have an option for that. I remember an option for that but they took it out a long time ago because people were using triple station cash deals and getting the expansions with SC.

If you bought the expansions with station cash show me where, i get 500 each month for free when I krono so I got a shit ton banked up.

You keep saying you bought it with Station Cash but I don't have an option for that. I remember an option for that but they took it out a long time ago because people were using triple station cash deals and getting the expansions with SC.

If you bought the expansions with station cash show me where, i get 500 each month for free when I krono so I got a shit ton banked up.

i think he means just buying it from the daybreak store. Which can be accessed in game.

Oh, sorry for the confusion, I consider anything bought from the website using RL currency as SC (since I have bought SC that way). In hindsight I see the misnomer. My bad, however I did mention PayPal.

So, I logged into my account on the website, and using PayPal purchased TBM.

I can verify buying the expansion for 6 accounts boosted the character back to 105 from 100.

Turns out I have 3 accounts that are hit - what assurances do we have if we purchase the xpac that these accounts won't still get banned next week?

if you bought TDS you keep up to TDS limits (105 & ## AA),

If you went from CoTF to TBM it bumps you back down to CoTF limits (100 & no TDS or TBM AA)

Turns out I have 3 accounts that are hit - what assurances do we have if we purchase the xpac that these accounts won't still get banned next week?

None, that is my fear also. I am half expecting them to do something heinous with heroics 'next' week. I will not pony up for heroics...

Now I am trying to decide, keep playing or just sell off the toons i have and move along to something else. I definitely do not have the funds to add TBM to my 5 accounts. Only 2 of them are actually gold and the rest FTP so oh well. Waiting to see how it all boils down. Just saddening to me since I just invested a few hundred into EQ lately. A lot going to Daybreak too; server transfers, marketplace items etc. Oh well.

Bans - A simple break down of the current ban / undone expansion issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back