• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - The way to unlock your unbaned account (1 Viewer)

liword

RedCents
40¢
Since no one here want talk, I'm here to help people out. Hope this won't get me baned here,
Since I get myself a lot of troubles by helping people in this forum.

1, every account received unbaned email can be unlocked, you don't have to wait anything.

2, everquest website will lock out your IP and web browser when you failure to login or rest password for too many account or too many times.

3, The way to unlock your account is reset your password though everquest website, just click reset password, receive your password reset email, input or set your security answer, change password, then your account will beable to login in game client.

4, If you can't make website send your reset email, try get another IP address(go street find a starbucks and use their network if you don't know what is IP address) or another web browser or another PC, if you have too many account your will need both 3.

5, Make sure you get email I said in step 1, Do what I told you to do in step 4 if you fail in step 3, and you will be able to login your account.

6. For those one who failure to read step 2 and step 4.
If you have lot of account, you will be able to unlock some, rest of them need you get another IP address, another web browser or another PC to unlock.

7, If you forget your security answer you can't unlock your account by my way.
8. Do realize that everything sell in this forum are all like those keys and accounts, they have much higher price but the same risk in ebay or any other place of web, no one will be be responsible for it

Last edited:
I was unable to unlock 2, but the other 2 won't do anything, even tried incognito mode (cookies etc).

Anyone have a solution for Raz and myself?

I was unable to unlock 2, but the other 2 won't do anything, even tried incognito mode (cookies etc).

Anyone have a solution for Raz and myself?
Try the same thing people did when they rolled out heroics. Use phone Hotspot and turn it on and off should cycle through a number of addresses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

oh the humanity, anyone have 150 ip addresses they can loan me....

Nope, but if your router will allow you to change the MAC address of the WAN port. You can make your ISP give you a different IP address. Yea, I know you will have to do it 150 times, but what else you going to do?

Ok, well I didn't have to change my MAC address, but I was able to just renew the lease on my WAN connection and that did it. I was able to get both other two accounts with 1 reset

Ok, well I didn't have to change my MAC address, but I was able to just renew the lease on my WAN connection and that did it. I was able to get both other two accounts with 1 reset

Yea, some ISP's will hand you a new IP address every time you reset your router, but some, like my ISP. I have to change my Mac Address before I do the reset.

I received the ban changed to warning email. I was able to reset my password with no problems. Still can't login to account. Still getting message account is banned. Guess the wait continues.

I have pia just trying to decide if I want to attack all my sale toons or wait a week and see if they resolve otherwise I am screwed as I will have to put secret passcodes on all of them! grrrrr

update: fixed em all! did not lose not 1, thanks PIA!

Last edited:
Got all of my accounts unbaned doing this. When I couldnt do it on my computer anymore I just used my phone to complete the rest. You can still reset the password from the same computer you just have to get the link sent using another IP. So that saved a little time.

I have pia just trying to decide if I want to attack all my sale toons or wait a week and see if they resolve otherwise I am screwed as I will have to put secret passcodes on all of them! grrrrr

Depending on your preferences... You might consider putting them up for 'presale' or something at whatever price seems reasonable.

I've been working with someone who is PLing a couple clean accounts for me and when this whole situation hit I thought we were screwed. We've worked it out that I set the SQA on the accounts & verified my e-mail & now he's going to finish off the job.

I had already paid in full for the job up front so there's not really any risk of me trying to scam him now that my info is set. Once it's done I won't be able to leave enough good feedback because he's been a champ through the whole situation.

It's not your standard model but you might consider something along those lines if you can't salvage those toons any other way. Just food for thought.

I received the ban changed to warning email. I was able to reset my password with no problems. Still can't login to account. Still getting message account is banned. Guess the wait continues.

I am in the same boat, I received an email saying they changed the bans on everyone to warnings and would unlock the accounts over the Holliday weekend. Yet when I try and login it says banned, I reset the password and it still says banned.

Am I looking for another email that tells me I can now access my account beside the general warning one that came out after the banned email ?

Anyone else in our boat ?

People it is NOT a waiting game, unless you are waiting for the cold day in Hell that DBG will release your banned IP address. Here is the big secret you heard here at Redguides, if you still cannot log in your IP has been banned at DBG, yes your account may have been unbanned but your IP ban is still in effect and will possibly remain so,

the fix is easy...

CHANGE YOUR IP!

Run over to IPCHICKEN.COM and see what your current IP is, now reset your modem, change your mac, call your ISP and tell them your IP is compromised, do whatever you need to do to get a new IP address cause yours is banned! Change IP and you will see all your accounts are now good!

Sorry but you are wrong, let us for a moment pretend that I know what I am talking about, that I have not tested this on over 150 accounts and yes, if you are getting a message that says "this account is banned" then you need to wait to be unbanned, if you are getting any other message then it is 100% an IP ban issue. Tested, verified and worked around! These are facts.

- - - Updated - - -

When your account was banned the GMs also put a ban on the last IP address you logged into the game with. When they lifted the ban they did not immediately lift the ip ban, so you get an error that your password is incorrect or that you don't have a subscription or g36 error or your dog smells funny error, whatever error. If you get any error other then ACCOUNT BANNED then your IP address is banned with the login server! Period, Fact, Chisel that shit in stone!

To clarify what Raz is saying, as has been gone over multiple times in multiple threads, if you have done anything more than 3 times with the same IP DB's system will auto-block your IP address. This was already in place and has nothing to do with the ban waves. It's why you couldn't create more that a couple of accts per 24 hours. That's why your IP matters, and why it is involved.

Changing your IP gets around the IP block. I created 12 accts last night using this method. Create 2, change IP, create 2, change IP etc etc.

As far as the ban wave is concerned, certain messages mean certain things. This has been spelled out. Most of the messages can be mitigated simply by changing your IP unless you panicked and did a bunch of stuff over the last few days which would put you in a situation where you have to reset PW which forces you to put in SQ/A. In some cases, even THAT doesn't fix it unless you change your IP because your acct status, ban, etc, is not the same as the auto-block of your IP, a system which has been in place for some time now.

Again, the IP block and your acct status ARE NOT THE SAME thing, not the same mechanism. If a week ago, before the bans, you went in and tried to do anything 3 times, like start changing the PW's on your accts, it would block your IP. It has nothing to do with the bans. It is a completely different mechanism.

You could have put yourself in a situation where nothing will work now if you had panicked and done multiple things to try and get free from the ban fiasco. Regardless of the situation you are in now, good bad or unknown, change your fuckin IP. Do it!, stop, just do it! Ppl have posted multiple ways to accomplish this. Yes, you could have buried yourself into a hole so deep that changing your IP wont get you out of, but on top of everything else you may need to do, your IP is still blocked and changing your IP will solve that particular issue.

Calling it an IP ban is likely what is causing confusion, so you will notice I used the term 'IP Block'. This is standard system administration practice and is not directly connected to the ban fiasco.

Ppl don't post this stuff to increase their post count. Just fucking change your IP!

[EDIT] 2 Factor Authentication is en entirely different matter. If you have 2fa no one knows yet how to fix that.

And how is it only 2 of your accts are IP blocked and not all the rest? Because those are the one's you went in and did something more than 3 times on. It's completely conceivable that an IP block be auto-placed merely by trying to access an acct that at the time was set to banned, which most ppl did.

Last edited:
I make shit up all the time just to inflate my post count, most time I just say random shit to see if anyone reads what I write.... I think 1984 was the last year I posted something useful...

<SARCASM>

I changed password, had a friend in a different country try and login to my account and I also tried and we had banned message at the loader, if my bypassed the loader i got an account needs to be activated. Since two different ip's got the message at the patcher the account is banned I assume i need to continue waiting ?

Thanks

Lol nice username! I just noticed it.

In trying to think outside for a moment, it's possible your friend's IP was already blocked. Did you reset PW from a new IP? Although if it let you reset your PW then changing IP should allow you to login. Unless your new IP is also blocked, which could happen if you were changing it over and over (like I have) and your VPN has run out of IP's to give you. I kept a log of all the IP's I was assigned so I could tell when my VPN started cycling thru IP's it had already doled out. I then went to another VPN service... yeah, it gets complicated eventually...

You using 2 factor auth on your acct?

Look, IF it SAYS Banned then it is still banned, and if you try to log into the game not the website more then 3 times in a hour then you can expect to be resetting your password after the ban and it will also flag your IP.

Like I posted, if it says banned, you must wait, I mean on the website btw, you always want to verify at the website! Be fucking patient! they are unbanning as fast as they can!

Yo neb here is the deal, in level 2 I wrote a very detailed guide on this whole mess, my post is accurate, people just either don't read or just think they the universe does not apply to them. There are 3 issues at play, IP Ban, Account Ban and screwie 2 part authentication. I have not done any of the 2 part so no idea there, but the ip and account ban, done it, tested it and shared it, over and over. So yeah you may feel my post saying the poster was wrong without flaming the shit outta him for not reading is over some line and that's ok, he was still wrong and when people read shit that is wrong sometimes they see that and only that so they think the wrong is right. I am pretty much done in this particular thread. Helped all I could.

An update from my end as well, all is restored. A couple accounts were still banned as of this morning, but I got a response on my daybreak ticket for them and they were unlocked without password reset as well.

Bans - The way to unlock your unbaned account

Users who are viewing this thread

Back