• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Map Labels (1 Viewer)

Darkmax

RedCents
1,239¢
With MQ2Map running I had noticed a problem where spawns often cluttered the zone map to the point I couldn't see the other labels - The reason for this is most map makers put labels on level 2 which is the same level MQ2Map uses. There is a work around for this with the command NormalLabels which hides the MQ2Map labels but I wanted something easy to toggle using the map keys if possible and found an easy solution I thought I would share.

First, you want to download a custom map set and save it to it's own folder under your default map folder. The reason for this is Everquest will overwrite changes to the default maps during patch, so this keeps you from loosing your maps. I use Brewall's Maps, but any custom map set up will work. The second step is to rename all the map_2.txt files to map_3.txt. Since there are about 800 such files doing this by hand was a daunting task to say the least.

With a little looking I found a quick, easy and free solution in the form of a file renaming program. The program I used is called Renamer and comes with simple to follow instructions. Basically I just selected the custom map folder - gave it the rule to change _2 to _3. Preview and change. Ten seconds later it was done. Now my MQ2Map spawns show clearly on level 2 and the Everquest labels and custom labels on level 3 just a click of a button to add both or switch between them.

Hope you find this useful

Guide - Map Labels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back