• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Quarm , new EQ server (1 Viewer)

Spunge16

RedCents
570¢
https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-producers-letter-may-2016

a server starting at level 51 with 50AAs ready to spend, with all content up to and incluing OOW unlocked with an objective to race to kill OMM to win and obtain unique rewards which can be claimed on live and progression servers

What are your thoughts guys and gals?

I for one am quite excited, i hope its seasonal like the Diablo 3 seasons where you have a set time (maybe 3 months?) before server is wiped and you all start again (Maybe have toons being able to be moved to live servers)

I predict its a major flop. In a game that's 18+ years old and where most of the playerbase are now adults with real lives to contend with, the target audience for this server is incredibly narrow. In my opinion DBG misses the mark terribly in assessing what the majority of their players want.

With that said, it's an interesting idea. I just think its about 10 years too late. I'd rather they figure out normal zone instancing/picks (like on Phinny) for live servers.

Im sure they could add picks to live servers. but maybe its just cos i play on AB but even in the latest expansion i never see the need for it in any zone due to a lack of players

Although i agree this couldve came out years ago and be highly succesful. But with the playerbase on TLP servers currently i think there is a market for this.

As a EU players though i tend to be at a huge disadvantage though with guild choice etc, far more US guilds and im too old to raid 24/7 :P

I hear ya, bro. I'm not on AB, but I play on Euro timelines because of where I'm currently living and my work schedule. I usually don't have to share spawns or items I want to camp.

That's a great point... I wonder if they'd make more money if they consolidated servers again to inject some life into the game, and then put zone instances/picks in to alleviate overcamping. It would be like Phinny, except plus boxing :)

I like this idea and with TLP popularity, at least the first couple months will be packed with people. Longevity, now that's another issue all together.

Age of the game doesnt seem to matter with our crowd. Actually, it is probably the only reason its alive still is how nostalgic our crowd is. Mechanics and Community is really our forte.

So many speculation posts on population around but just the TLP servers themselves have a couple thousand players. I'll bet there will be Live server mergers this fall.

Edit: Reading through all the posts there got me thinking. Is the TLP crowd on Ragefire and Lockjaw getting stale at 6 month unlocks? 2-4 months in you run out of content and upgrades without an insane time sink for things like Coldain shawl/Ring ect. Do they need somewhere else to go for a while? Myself, unless your gearing 20+ toons I'm ready for Luclin already.(12 toons) Market place has dried up to making it to difficult to farm enough Krono to keep them all alive. I'll be down to 6 and PL ing toons in my next re-up cycle.

Edit: Reading through all the posts there got me thinking. Is the TLP crowd on Ragefire and Lockjaw getting stale at 6 month unlocks? 2-4 months in you run out of content and upgrades without an insane time sink for things like Coldain shawl/Ring ect. Do they need somewhere else to go for a while? Myself, unless your gearing 20+ toons I'm ready for Luclin already.(12 toons) Market place has dried up to making it to difficult to farm enough Krono to keep them all alive. I'll be down to 6 and PL ing toons in my next re-up cycle.

When I came back to TLP, I thought it was 3 months after the boss unlock cycle. Then once I got my toons up to 60 and found out it was 6 months after boss, I cried. I don't know if I have the energy to be able to compete zerg style on a true box server, sounds like too much work.

I know on Ragefire we got until about october before luclin? Some of us have cleared and killed everything and are well on way to fully Best in Slot - so this might be a nice stop gap for something a bit more fun

Just hope there'll be an EU presence there for it :)

News - Quarm , new EQ server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back